Let's be nice about MLP

Re: Let's be nice about MLP

Postby Misiziri » November 10th, 2011, 10:51 pm

[quote="TheIvanMuse"]Well if you agree that you were taking it too far then the problem is solved. You post less MLP macros and less MLP related stuff than you feel would be appropriate for a TLK forum and the people will naturally stop being upset over it. So it's a win-win situation if we stick by it like we should.
It's probably better not to make any rule changes right now,but let's just see how this will go now that we all know how the other side thinks about this.[/quote]

Yee :3 I like Ivan's suggestion. If it makes the MLP-Supporters happier, if you stop posting macros or anything as frequently, I'll shut down my Anti-MLP thread :3
Misiziri

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): La'Vie
Pride Points: 168

Postby SnowyCheetah » November 10th, 2011, 10:52 pm

I like WS's idea better.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby TheIvanMuse » November 10th, 2011, 10:56 pm

Take it as you want ,this is a TLK forum, frequent MLP posts and macros aren't what TLK fans (new members) are looking for on this forum,right?

Signature made by Taka
TheIvanMuse
Ninja Blader Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Never stop improving and you'll be forever young!

Nickname(s): Ivan , T.I.Van
Pride Points: 26

Postby SnowyCheetah » November 10th, 2011, 10:57 pm

No, it's not, but it's also nothing to get worked up about :/

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » November 10th, 2011, 10:57 pm

[quote="TheIvanMuse"]Take it as you want ,this is a TLK forum, frequent MLP posts and macros aren't what TLK fans (new members) are looking for on this forum,right?[/quote]

I was just thinking about the impression on new members x] Good point.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby FlipMode » November 10th, 2011, 10:58 pm

I like WS idea too, although the only problem with it is that there is nothing stopping one from having a pony avatar / sig and thus technically we would still see them in areas other than the den anyway. So I say - do not do anything about it. It has never been that big of an issue, I don't mind people posting MLP stuff even if I don't like it, and if you are really that sad to argue with those who do over a cartoon about magical talking ponies - you might want to rethink your values lol
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby SnowyCheetah » November 10th, 2011, 10:59 pm

What impression? It's not like ponies are offensive.

And Flip, there is nothing wrong with having ponies in a sig/avatar, it's the same as having any other offtopic item there. I thought we were all free to have what we wanted in there, and yet we are getting flamed.

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby Woeler » November 10th, 2011, 11:01 pm

[quote="TheIvanMuse"]this is a TLK forum[/quote]
That's probably where the problem is... People don't get it.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby TheIvanMuse » November 10th, 2011, 11:01 pm

That's what I meant, if there aren't that many macros and posts about it then there is no problem at all. Look,the problem here is not about you folks liking MLP, it's how much you post about it around here. No one forbids you from having MLP in avatars and signatures. So I say, if you take it down on the macros and posting, the hating will not be there. Problem solved?

Signature made by Taka
TheIvanMuse
Ninja Blader Lion

Never stop improving and you'll be forever young!

Nickname(s): Ivan , T.I.Van
Pride Points: 26

Postby SnowyCheetah » November 10th, 2011, 11:01 pm

Here is my final say: I like WS's idea of a cut-down of pony postings in on-topic areas. It should be allowed in the den. And I think anyone flaming, from either side, should have action taken against them.

That being said, I am going to request that this thread be locked now due to an influx of drama.

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements