Let's be nice about MLP

Re: Let's be nice about MLP

Postby CrazyNuka » November 10th, 2011, 10:43 pm

Well thi ssite is mostly about The Lion King, but this site can let you talk about non Lion King stuff as well. Okay i first seen MLP: FIM not to long ago, like 2 weekends ago. I liked it and i thought it was a cool show, and when i went to wikipedia, i heard it gained positive reviews and it became very popular along the fan base, which very surprises me, because i just watched the show i liked that is so popular. Theirs even a fan club about it. Even my friend in RL watched the show. I was surprised so i then start to watch the whole series, and i enjoyed them all, especulley the Discord episodes. The character is awesome, and Rainbow Dash is awesome to. ^^ So yea that's why i started liking this show, because of its great animation, funny moments, and characters. So i even notice MLK and Feralheart, the roleplay game i always played, has MLP all over. Lol anyway about this thread, you can't hate someone who they like. I mean like i said before, this thread is mostly about TLK, however you can post non TLK as well only on threads. I also agree with SS, for pointing out that the people who don't like the show need to stop talking bad about it. So yea like i said i loved the show, its now my second favorite tv show with the first being Ghost Adventures. Hope this isn't to out of line. Anyway thanks for pointing this out SS.
One of the biggest Nuka fans on this forum! I am CrazyNuka but you can also call me CN or Bobby! Let's be friends, shall we? :3 I won't bite! Hehe! I'm just so crazy! Haha!
CrazyNuka
Aaagh this termites!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Well .. I finally got your attention .. didn't I?

Nickname(s): Bobby, CN, Nuka, Booby, Hubba Bubba
Pride Points: 13

Postby Regulus » November 10th, 2011, 10:44 pm

[quote="MheetusMate"]We're all kind of close-knit here, a lot of us really don't want to leave the site XD[/quote]

Then why is this pony issue such a big conflict? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think a true close-knit community would blow the pony issue out of proportion.

[quote="FlipMode"][quote="Regulus"] I don't give half a flip [/quote]

Ohai thar.[/quote]

No pun intended.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby WildSimba » November 10th, 2011, 10:45 pm

[quote="TheIvanMuse"]We're all calm,there is no heated arguing here.
While people here express their love for other shows as well,hence my signature, it is not done in nearly that much quantity nor quality as it's presented by MLP lovers. So no one is hating on other stuff because it's not being shoved at them, there are no macros of any of the shows you just said.
People can change their names,but there is too much name changing going on right now and I speak for the rest of the staff when I say that it's just causing too much confusion (in general name changing). Sorry,but you're at the wrong,trouble arises when you're posting way too much of MLP,like you already are, so the only reaction is to not be satisfied with it,as this is a TLK forum.

You suggestion only limits one side and is therefore biased and flawed. Pony related things can be posted in the off topic forum,anywhere else is just off topic from the forum they're in.

The only real solution to this problem would be to forbid posting macros completely and to lock the anti-MLP threads. This way,both sides get knocked a notch down and it's calming the situation. What are everyone's opinions on this?[/quote]

As for your suggestion, that would just be adding red tape across the forum. I just say a cut down on the macros in certain areas, like anything other then The Den area. I'd say the chatroom is just fine, since it's not really often geared towards serious discussion, and is more just a for fun kind of thing.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Misiziri » November 10th, 2011, 10:46 pm

[quote="Regulus"][quote="MheetusMate"]We're all kind of close-knit here, a lot of us really don't want to leave the site XD[/quote]

Then why is this pony issue such a big conflict? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think a true close-knit community would blow the pony issue out of proportion.

[quote="FlipMode"][quote="Regulus"] I don't give half a flip [/quote]

Ohai thar.[/quote]

No pun intended.[/quote]

It's complicated, honestly it is xP
Misiziri

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): La'Vie
Pride Points: 168

Postby SnowyCheetah » November 10th, 2011, 10:46 pm

I disagree with Ivan. If we all just stopped hating on each other (both sides have been doing this subtly!) we would all be happy. I did admit that pony lovers are going to far and I did, I repeat I did suggest that pony lovers take it down a notch as well. There is no need to ban anything that is not outright flaming (including veiled or subtle flaming via pony memes). I really don't understand why we can't just accept each others' likes and dislikes! There is nothing wrong with posting a lot of what we like. I still fail to see where the problem is in that. The problem is when people get on each other about it, which needs to stop on both sides.

On behalf of the MLP fans, I would like to offer a truce to the haters, and suggest we all just drop the issue now and everyone stop complaining, and everyone be nice, civil and quit "poking fun," and expressing our disagreement to the things others like and choose to post about.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby FlipMode » November 10th, 2011, 10:47 pm

Yeah ponies is no joke, its srs bsns
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby TheIvanMuse » November 10th, 2011, 10:49 pm

Well if you agree that you were taking it too far then the problem is solved. You post less MLP macros and less MLP related stuff than you feel would be appropriate for a TLK forum and the people will naturally stop being upset over it. So it's a win-win situation if we stick by it like we should.
It's probably better not to make any rule changes right now,but let's just see how this will go now that we all know how the other side thinks about this.

Signature made by Taka
TheIvanMuse
Ninja Blader Lion

Never stop improving and you'll be forever young!

Nickname(s): Ivan , T.I.Van
Pride Points: 26

Postby SnowyCheetah » November 10th, 2011, 10:50 pm

[quote="WildSimba"][quote="TheIvanMuse"]We're all calm,there is no heated arguing here.
While people here express their love for other shows as well,hence my signature, it is not done in nearly that much quantity nor quality as it's presented by MLP lovers. So no one is hating on other stuff because it's not being shoved at them, there are no macros of any of the shows you just said.
People can change their names,but there is too much name changing going on right now and I speak for the rest of the staff when I say that it's just causing too much confusion (in general name changing). Sorry,but you're at the wrong,trouble arises when you're posting way too much of MLP,like you already are, so the only reaction is to not be satisfied with it,as this is a TLK forum.

You suggestion only limits one side and is therefore biased and flawed. Pony related things can be posted in the off topic forum,anywhere else is just off topic from the forum they're in.

The only real solution to this problem would be to forbid posting macros completely and to lock the anti-MLP threads. This way,both sides get knocked a notch down and it's calming the situation. What are everyone's opinions on this?[/quote]

As for your suggestion, that would just be adding red tape across the forum. I just say a cut down on the macros in certain areas, like anything other then The Den area. I'd say the chatroom is just fine, since it's not really often geared towards serious discussion, and is more just a for fun kind of thing.[/quote]

This idea sounds good.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby Woeler » November 10th, 2011, 10:50 pm

Just one thing
Keep your stuff where it belongs and nobody has problems.

Is it that difficult?
No argueing needed if everyone just used their brains
Last edited by Woeler on November 10th, 2011, 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby CrazyNuka » November 10th, 2011, 10:50 pm

[quote="StormySeethe"]I disagree with Ivan. If we all just stopped hating on each other (both sides have been doing this subtly!) we would all be happy. I did admit that pony lovers are going to far and I did, I repeat I did suggest that pony lovers take it down a notch as well. There is no need to ban anything that is not outright flaming (including veiled or subtle flaming via pony memes). I really don't understand why we can't just accept each others' likes and dislikes! There is nothing wrong with posting a lot of what we like. I still fail to see where the problem is in that. The problem is when people get on each other about it, which needs to stop on both sides.

On behalf of the MLP fans, I would like to offer a truce to the haters, and suggest we all just drop the issue now and everyone stop complaining, and everyone be nice, civil and quit "poking fun," and expressing our disagreement to the things others like and choose to post about.[/quote]

I completely agree with you, i mean we need to stop hating on something because of what they like. Its not right. Its nothing wrong if you don't like a movie or a tv show, i completely okay with that, its just i don't want any arguments about it. Its okay if you don't like the show, just don't poke fun over it. So yea. ^^
One of the biggest Nuka fans on this forum! I am CrazyNuka but you can also call me CN or Bobby! Let's be friends, shall we? :3 I won't bite! Hehe! I'm just so crazy! Haha!
CrazyNuka
Aaagh this termites!

Well .. I finally got your attention .. didn't I?

Nickname(s): Bobby, CN, Nuka, Booby, Hubba Bubba
Pride Points: 13

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements