Zira - alternate death scene vs official death scene

Re: Zira - alternate death scene vs official death scene

Postby Godric » March 26th, 2011, 8:29 pm

[quote="Nitro"]It's ironic. That's how Mufasa dies, except he asked for Taka's paw and he was thrown down, not refusing a paw and slipping down.[/quote]
But Mufasa didn't want to die. :P

Okay, I guess you're right, in a way, she killed herself.
Godric

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Nitro » March 26th, 2011, 8:32 pm

Basically, her poor decision led to her death but she didn't mean to kill herself. Perhaps she truly believed she could climb up by herself, and then had a "ohcrap" moment right before she fell.
Nitro
Green Rider

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 20

Postby FlipMode » March 27th, 2011, 2:41 pm

[quote="Nitro"]Besides, it was kind of suicide in the official death scene. When she refused Kiara's paw, she refused life and thus chose death, so in a way, she killed herself.[/quote]

Yeah but it is not really in the same context. Because in the deleted version she is smiling while she lets go and all so it is much more of a villainous thing to do. Kiara was younger and trying to help then Zira just smiles and lets go... That is a pretty harsh thing to do to someone who is risking their life to help you. But that was the point of the thread, to discuss which version you think suited her better and why, and stuff :].
Because from Kiaras' perspective it might have looked like Zira was maybe going to accept her help, but slipped too far down. Whereas in the deleted scene she flat out rejects it and lets go of the thing...
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Eli_Ayase » March 27th, 2011, 2:44 pm

Nice find. Well, i think it had to be in the movie. (My opinion)
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise
Pride Points: 138

Postby StarlightLioness » March 29th, 2011, 8:12 pm

I kinda like the suicide version of it. Adds so much depth to the character. However, as I look to try to become a parent soon (fingers crossed), I think that suicide has NO business being in a kid's movie.
"Simba, let me tell you something my father told me. Look at the stars. The great kings of the past look down on us from those stars. So whenever you feel alone, just remember that those kings will always be there to guide you. And so will I." ~ Mufasa
StarlightLioness
Super Geek

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Nickname(s): Deadly Chakram everywhere else
Pride Points: 14

Postby SimbasGuard » March 31st, 2011, 6:09 am

I agree with the majority opinion, Yes Zira's original death would have been more powerful, but I think Disney changed it more for political correctness (and to avoid the wrath of concerned parents), rather that it serving the story better. Perhaps Disney also though leaving the scene at it was originally intended, would have push the films ratting to PG.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby SummerSnowLeopard » May 14th, 2011, 3:52 pm

I think that suicide was more in Zira's character. I've posted a thread about her suicide a while ago, it doesn't address this matter though c:
SummerSnowLeopard

Nickname(s): Summer
Pride Points: 38

Postby Jiirani » May 14th, 2011, 3:55 pm

Would have been much more creepy for her to commit suicide, like, her smile would be somewhat bonechilling. It would have been awesome in the movie xD

tumblr | TLK blog | art by shyre
Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Restoring light to the lighthouse

Nickname(s): Eli, Jii, Lion
Pride Points: 62

Postby PrinceTaka » May 14th, 2011, 4:51 pm

This topic has been discussed in this thread. In that I also asked for a pic from the actual scene in the final version of the movie to which StarlightChill was kind enough to do. Looks pretty much like a smile, doesn't it? If you ain't content with the quality of this then a better one can be fixed easily, at least when the blu-ray version is released. Unless Disney decides to change the animation.

As my personal opinions are that the deleted version is better, it adds to her villainous character and shows that she is too proud to accept help from the enemy.

[quote="StarlightChill"]Zira as she falls into the river.

Image[/quote]
PrinceTaka

Pride Points: 1

Postby SummerSnowLeopard » May 14th, 2011, 5:07 pm

OMG that pic gives me the absolute CHILLS!!! *shudders*
SummerSnowLeopard

Nickname(s): Summer
Pride Points: 38

PreviousNext

Return to The Movies