Lion King musical in Europe?

Re: Lion King musical in Europe?

Postby TheLittleFellow » October 6th, 2010, 4:36 pm

I just found a good site about the Lyceum Theatre (where The Lion King is showing at the West End) for anyone here who is planning on seeing it soon. It has a seat map too which is handy cos I know that in the past I have paid a lot for seats with restricted views!

Here it is: http://www.theatres.tv/london/lyceum-theatre/
TheLittleFellow

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby TheDoctor » October 9th, 2010, 10:44 pm

[quote="TheLittleFellow"]I have seen it 3 times in London. Has anyone here seen it on Broadway AND London's West End? Are there many differences between the two?[/quote]
I have!

And I thought that the main difference was that in London they spoke with British accents... :lol: There were two years between the shows I went to see though (Lyceum in 2008 and Minskoff in 2010) so undoubtedly there has been edits to it since I saw it in London. I was very, very impressed with the New York cast though; even more so than with the London ones that I've seen in 2004 and 2008, and they were amazing. So maybe that counts as a difference too? I dunno =P
TheDoctor
Time Lord

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Brooding brooding brooding brooding

Postby atouchofgrace » January 2nd, 2011, 3:26 pm

I remember seeing a LOT of advertising when I went to London. Seriously, it was the biggest thing there.
It never came to my country, though... :(
ImageImageImageImageImage
atouchofgrace

Nickname(s): Cat
Pride Points: 2

Postby Chumvikingpride » January 2nd, 2011, 7:59 pm

I wanted to see the lion king musical in Paris since it goes not into Belgium, but my mother banned me it...
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Chumvikingpride=Dragon ball z,Digimon, Jayce and TWW fan!
Android 17 forever! hamtaro rocks!
Chumvikingpride

Am I a demon? In any case, I like the evil!

Nickname(s): gaga,Hamtaro,BigBraining
Pride Points: 8

Postby PrincessKiara » March 27th, 2011, 3:27 pm

I`m going to see it there (at the Lycum Theatre in London) this August. I`m so excited!

The TLK musical has never been put up in Scandinavia as far as I`m aware.. Thankfully, England is close by, lol.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby nathalie » October 18th, 2011, 10:04 pm

Did you end up seeing it PrincessKiara?

I was going to see it in France and Germany, but then it stopped playing in France before I got the chance, and later when we made plans to see it in Germany, my boyfriend broke up with me, so I couldn't go anymore (I can't drive, hehe).
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Biomac » May 19th, 2012, 9:08 pm

I've heard that TLKOB is also at Paris. I don't know if I'm right though :?

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby nathalie » May 20th, 2012, 6:45 am

As I mentioned in the post before yours ;-) it stopped playing in France.
Their last show there was June 2009 I believe.

It's in Spain now!
And will be in Brazil in March.
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Postby Biomac » May 20th, 2012, 3:29 pm

Why it's not in Canada :cry: ?

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby nathalie » May 20th, 2012, 6:11 pm

It was in Canada, I don't know if it will come back there.
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

PreviousNext

Return to Broadway