TLK1 / TLK 3 mistake

Re: TLK1 / TLK 3 mistake

Postby Taka » January 8th, 2010, 12:52 am

Well I think that in that case he wouldn't ask it that way.
Taka

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 26

Postby Deeri » January 8th, 2010, 9:10 pm

:haha:
To be fair though, don't forget that TLK3 was made way after TLK. If I remember rightly, most of the original people who made TLK1 did not participate in making the third sequel. Also, really best not to take TLK3 at canon. If you are going to base something on canon go from the original movie (and TLK2).

What I mean is that disney didn't make the mistake until after TLK3 was made.^^
Wisdom outweighs any wealth
Sophocles (496 BC - 406 BC)
Deeri

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Wisdom outweighs any wealth

Pride Points: 0

Postby LionKing4EVR96 » August 8th, 2010, 1:04 am

I didn't notice this, oh well, I don't consider Lion King 3 canon anyway, except for maybe Timon's life in the meerkat colony.
LionKing4EVR96

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Krys, Luigi
Pride Points: 1

Postby Cantwait2bequeen » August 17th, 2010, 3:35 pm

It could've been another monkey=- and, hey, he might have wondered who the monkey was as in - what does he have to do with any of this? he also could be asking Who is the monkey because he just wants to know because he was curious about it before... O_O
Cantwait2bequeen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"I am a Proud Member of the Circle of Life!

Nickname(s): CW2BQ

Postby Superdoglac » August 17th, 2010, 3:55 pm

Well, when they were making TLK1, they weren't planning in TLK3 yet. XD It would have been pretty dumb to cut out Rafiki completely to that point just because of one line in the original. ;D

STEP UP 4: The Last Airbender
Superdoglac

Zira Can Have Cheezeburger?

Nickname(s): Veronika, SDL, that kid
Pride Points: 1

Postby MWIN » August 17th, 2010, 4:00 pm

Continuity is quite often the enemy of people who make sequels such as TLK 1.5. Still it can sometimes free up artistic license if people arent restricted to a previous storyline, the problem is it gets judged as an element of cannon.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
MWIN

Lions are edible.

Nickname(s): Atecom, Lies and Deception, No

Postby Nadra » August 17th, 2010, 4:46 pm

[quote="Cantwait2bequeen"]It could've been another monkey=- and, hey, he might have wondered who the monkey was as in - what does he have to do with any of this? he also could be asking Who is the monkey because he just wants to know because he was curious about it before... O_O[/quote]
I agree, I always thought that was the case. Timon was pretty confused when he met Rafiki for the first time. He didn't really know who Rafiki was.

[quote="thanigraphics"]that's only one of the many mistakes in Hakuna Matata.
Another one is, that the day after Simba's presentation as a newborn cub, Timon and Pumbaa are woken up by "I just cant wait to be King", sung by cub Nala and Simba.....man, that cub grew up waaaaaay to fast :s[/quote]
Heh, I tried to explain to myself that Timon and Pumbaa propably lived next to the Pride Rock for months. :lol:
Nadra

Pride Points: 5

Postby Wrightfan » August 24th, 2010, 12:55 am

Eh, it's not a big deal. It's pretty much Timon and Pumbaa's retelling of the story. The movie never said it was 100% true :lol:
Wrightfan
Let's go Mets!

Nickname(s): Andrew
Pride Points: 9

Postby SummerSnowLeopard » January 31st, 2011, 11:34 pm

[quote="Amanda"]I noticed this and it doesn't make any sense to me. How can Timon know Rafiki one second and then completely not remember him when he meets him again in the jungle? It's just one of the many mistakes in the midquel that don't conform with the storylines of the previous two films. Silly Disney. :P[/quote]
Thats always bothered me. It seems like no one knows Rafiki :lol:
SummerSnowLeopard

Nickname(s): Summer
Pride Points: 38

Previous

Return to The Movies