Even MORE TLK comics!?

Even MORE TLK comics!?

Postby Akril » April 4th, 2010, 12:05 pm

A link in one of the comments on one of Nadra's pictures on TLKFAA led me to a site dedicated to archiving Disney comics, including -- naturally -- Lion King comics.

However, my excitement at this was short-lived, since the archive only seems to have tiny scans of the first pages of each comic. Many of the TLK comics have already been translated into English (like the ones with Malka, King Joe, etc.), but a lot of them are completely new to me, and I'm sure to many others. Here's what I found when I searched for "Simba". (Interesting how the English translations of some of the titles are quite different than the ones we've grown used to, i.e., "New Kid on the Block" instead of "Simba's New Brother", "Tojo's Tiny Tots" instead of "The Orphaned Birds", etc.)

It's kind of painful, seeing these tiny hints at these comics that could reveal even more new semi-canon characters, yet there doesn't seem to be any was of accessing them. One of the comics even features a female hornbill that Zazu is infatuated with (looks like Binti's got some competition!)

Anyway, just thought I'd get this out there.

EDIT: The comics in this list that are complete and translated can be found here (except for "The Family Tree", which you can read here).
Last edited by Akril on April 4th, 2010, 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 22

Re: Even MORE TLK comics!?

Postby KopsTheTerminator » April 4th, 2010, 12:38 pm

Wow, more TLK comics? D: It's a shame that those don't feature the whole comics, maybe there are new characters in those comics that will remain unknown.. :(
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Simbadacub » April 4th, 2010, 12:40 pm

wow, i like the look of them! :D i'd really like to read them but i cant :/
Simbadacub

Postby PrincessKiara » April 5th, 2010, 8:05 pm

Wow awesome! I LOVE TLK comics! :D I looked through the photobucket album, and I have read nearly all of them..

There are 2 TLK comics I can’t find, though. They have appeared several years ago in this Disney/Animal magazine in Norway (it’s probably the same one in Germany, I see many of the comics have been translated from German)

One of them shows Simba and Nala lying on the savannah, bored. There’s a heatwave in the Pridelands.. Simba spots some ants and amuses himself by spraying water on them. Mufasa shows up and lectures him on having respect for all creatures.. Simba then goes to sleep and has a nightmare about giant ants attacking the Pride Lands.

From the other comic I can’t remember anything else than the first couple of panels: They show Simba being annoyed because he has to clean the cave.. (remove bones and scraps left from meals)

Anyone familiar with these comics? Of course I can’t remember the titles.. :(
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby PrinceTaka » April 7th, 2010, 8:55 pm

[quote="PrincessKiara"]From the other comic I can’t remember anything else than the first couple of panels: They show Simba being annoyed because he has to clean the cave.. (remove bones and scraps left from meals)

Anyone familiar with these comics? Of course I can’t remember the titles.. :([/quote]

http://coa.inducks.org/story.php?c=D+97123 ?

I have known these for a time already and find it interesting that some of them are newly published like this one: http://coa.inducks.org/story.php?c=H+26160 "Date of first publication: January 22, 2010". Somehow they have messed up with the pictures but I managed to find them.

Image Image
PrinceTaka

Pride Points: 1

Postby Ushujaa » April 7th, 2010, 9:42 pm

that would be so cool if they kept making more comics!
Spoiler: show

thank you Flip for the community sig
Ushujaa
Dreamer

Don't heroes have the right to dream?

Nickname(s): Shujaa, Fluffy, Squishy, Kopa, Usher,Krypto
Pride Points: 24

Postby PrincessKiara » April 7th, 2010, 9:53 pm

[quote="PrinceTaka"][quote="PrincessKiara"]From the other comic I can’t remember anything else than the first couple of panels: They show Simba being annoyed because he has to clean the cave.. (remove bones and scraps left from meals)

Anyone familiar with these comics? Of course I can’t remember the titles.. :([/quote]

http://coa.inducks.org/story.php?c=D+97123 ?

I have known these for a time already and find it interesting that some of them are newly published like this one: http://coa.inducks.org/story.php?c=H+26160 "Date of first publication: January 22, 2010". Somehow they have messed up with the pictures but I managed to find them.

Image Image[/quote]

Wow, that’s great, thanks! :D Too bad I can’t see the whole comic... I hope someone is able to scan and translate them..
PrincessKiara

Postby PrincessKiara » April 7th, 2010, 9:54 pm

[quote="Ushujaa"]that would be so cool if they kept making more comics![/quote]

I agree! I LOVE TLK comics (and books!) My TLK collection is mostly books, lol.
PrincessKiara

Postby thanigraphics » April 7th, 2010, 10:04 pm

Lol, Simba has an outlander nose in that right below picture. It's in Dutch, so if you want me to translate anything :excited:
Maybe google can lead us a hand in finding the whole comics?

Edit: I've been googling and I found Koraden (yep, the great artist from TLKFAA!) her photobucket gallery,and there are many comics there, and even more other tlk goodies/figurines/pics and stuff. Here's the link to the overview (scroll down to go to the comics section) http://s652.photobucket.com/home/koraden/allalbums
verliezer in een ongelijk gevecht....
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

uh-oh, banana time!

Pride Points: 1

Postby Panda-chan » April 7th, 2010, 11:25 pm

Aww what a shame. So many new characters that will always remain unknown... unless someone speaks German, Dutch, French, etc? :D It would be so helpful if you gave it a shot. ^^
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King