Simba and Nala paintings

Want to show your art to other artists in a gallery setting? Check out the Fan Art Albums!

Do you people want to see my painting of Scar ?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 5

Simba and Nala paintings

Postby electricocomics » June 14th, 2014, 4:36 pm

(I said eventually I would post some of my paintings and I am doing it now... sorry if it took so long :innocent: )

Well back to the point, I repainted 2 of my favorite scenes on canvas paper. I really just paused the movie and copy it down... shame on me ? The background for adult Nala and Simba is made by me tough.

Here they are
IMG_4633.JPG

IMG_4636.JPG

I also made a painting of Scar but I am really disapointed in the result so I don't want to show it unless you all want to see it.

Edit: Some people said simba's leg and Nala's face are off in the second painting and I agree. I didn't do the penciling for that one and that's what I get for it I guess. :ugh: Won't make that mistake again...
Last edited by electricocomics on June 15th, 2014, 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
electricocomics
ELC Prop Making

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

'sup

Nickname(s): electricocomics
Pride Points: 1

Re: Simba and Nala paintings

Postby TheWhistlerify » June 14th, 2014, 4:53 pm

Cute!

Nala's muzzle in the 2nd one is really off, though... :0
Sometimes I simply sit down and write because I cannot help it. Who knows, perhaps one day something will come out of it. Writing is the only thing that, when I do it, I don't feel I should be doing something else.
My 'The Lion King' fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10370841/1/
My 'Pokémon' fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9017329/1/
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Good source of potassium

Nickname(s): TW
Pride Points: 22

Postby Jeperty » June 14th, 2014, 6:10 pm

Great! But Nalas face is off in the 2nd picture and so is Simbas left leg
Jeperty

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby electricocomics » June 15th, 2014, 4:52 pm

[quote="TheWhistlerify"]Nala's muzzle in the 2nd one is really off, though... :0[/quote]

[quote="Jeperty"]Nalas face is off in the 2nd picture and so is Simbas left leg[/quote]

I know, that's because I didn't do the penciling for the 2nd one, it is much older than the first image. Guess it's what I get for getting my friend to help me on the 2nd one. Anyway it's not the one I am most proud of anyway.
Electricocomics

electricocomics
ELC Prop Making

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

'sup

Postby [jess] » June 15th, 2014, 7:12 pm

These are nice! Did you use acrylic paint? Painting is a medium that only comes with A LOT of practice. You blended the colors wonderfully. My first acrylic painting of Simba he ended up with bright, almost neon yellow fur and a pinkish mane!
[jess]

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby electricocomics » June 16th, 2014, 5:02 am

I did use acrylics on canvas paper actually, One of it's main advantages is that you can put a lighter colour over a darker one so that' why I like it a lot. I am a sec 3 Fine Arts student at my high school so that helps. I am less than average at drawing if you ask me (even if to others I might be superior than most) but they keep me around because I am top of the class in 3d.

As mentioned on my profile I moslty carve Halo guns and stuff but I also made a few swords and odd other things, notably a Bessie asphalt machine (?) from Pixar's Cars for my father who collects the Mattel Cars toys and stuff. I missed a few details so I have yet to finish it but I plan on doing that soon. (the Cars movie wasn't that great really, i'd give it merely a 7/10. Planes was a repeat of Cars, Cars 2 and Planes 2 are just milking the cash cow if you ask me...)
Electricocomics

electricocomics
ELC Prop Making

'sup

Postby LadyAislinn » June 16th, 2014, 5:21 am

Oh wow that's awesome that you're in the top of your class! Just keep practicing your drawing, it's a slow process but you improve nonetheless. You're doing great so far!
Everything By Me
Graphics Tumblr dA Profile
LadyAislinn
Scientist, Philosopher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But Always Wanted To Be A Pirate

Nickname(s): LA, Jessa
Pride Points: 10

Return to Fan Art