My Lion King 20th Anniversary tribute

Want to show your art to other artists in a gallery setting? Check out the Fan Art Albums!

My Lion King 20th Anniversary tribute

Postby Ed Q » June 26th, 2013, 8:23 pm

Hi everyone!
I'm new here, I just registered up today because I wanted to share something with you.

I've been working on a personal TLK animation that I started 8 months ago and my schedule says there is exactly one year remaining till I finish it (coinciding with the 20th anniversary of the movie) and it looks like everything is going the way I wanted so as a personal celebration I'm going to release a few screenshots.
It's going to be only 50 seconds but thats quite much for a single animator...

EDIT:
Sorry I deleted some screens but I decided not to show too much for personal reasons.
Here's an update of 3 screens.
(I'm still working on this!)

Thanks.

Last edited by Ed Q on October 27th, 2013, 2:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ed Q

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Re: My Lion King 20th Anniversary tribute

Postby cleargreenwater » June 27th, 2013, 1:09 am

It looks like you're animating the deleted Scar/Nala scene?

But whatever it is it's drawn extremely well, thank you for sharing! Look forward to the finished product!
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby DGFone » June 27th, 2013, 1:42 am

That is looking very good! It looks like it's going to be a 3D production, but I am hoping very much that it will still look like The Lion King. Either way, can't wait to see the final product!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Kal » June 27th, 2013, 1:45 am

Awesome! Good work...

TLK 4 before you know it ;)
The Quote Hall Of Fame: show
Ou - "Ou iz awezome."
Roku - "Roku is awesome."
Ou - "Kal is awesome."
*Kal bursts into tears of unbridled joy*
The Admiral - "What am I reading?"
Kal
tjúúúú

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The fox around these parts.

Pride Points: 28

Postby Ed Q » June 27th, 2013, 7:42 am

[quote="DGFone"]That is looking very good! It looks like it's going to be a 3D production, but I am hoping very much that it will still look like The Lion King. Either way, can't wait to see the final product![/quote]

it's traditional animation and it's intended to look like the original movie. Little by little I'll post some other screens from the next drawing process (sorry it's gonna take that long) I still have to add aaall the whiskers hehe.
Ed Q

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DGFone » June 27th, 2013, 8:08 am

[quote="Ed Q"]
it's traditional animation and it's intended to look like the original movie. Little by little I'll post some other screens from the next drawing process (sorry it's gonna take that long) I still have to add aaall the whiskers hehe.[/quote]

All the better! Even with the line-art, it looks very good! Plus, I would trust traditional animation more, because I've seen fan-art that looks as good as the movie,while my own adventures into 3D TLK land have reached.... mixed results:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=16594

Now I have a sudden urge to go and create another TLK model. Ugh, all the plans I have now...
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby OuRaion » June 27th, 2013, 8:44 am

That is very good!
I'd like to see it!
OuRaion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 60

Postby DGFone » June 27th, 2013, 8:57 am

Just a question: What will you use for the audio?
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Ed Q » June 27th, 2013, 10:15 am

The Madness of king Scar ;)
Ed Q

Postby MooLion » June 27th, 2013, 1:12 pm

Most intriguing! I've experience in animation so I know a mere 50 second is a lot of work! Fun idea to do this; I hope it continues to go well. :D

Also, Welcome to the forum!
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Next

Return to Fan Art