A Hunger Games Story

A Hunger Games Story

Postby SophieCub » August 17th, 2012, 6:15 pm

This is how my life would be if I got picked in THG. xD
-----------------------

Chapter 1:
Life: show
I could smell the sweet air around me. I hated it here in District 2. We are the richest of the districts but we are not that rich.. well, my family aren't anyway. I always hunted, I loved to hunt. Me and my friend Marissa go hunting all the time, it's lots of fun. I'm 14, and shes 15. Shes more mature than me but that doesn't matter because I'm not the only one who can be immature. I have long brown hair down to about my waist and blue eyes. Marissa has long black hair with bright green eyes. She can shoot anything in her path. Everyone calls us sisters.. I guess we are as close as sisters. In my family it's just me and my mum. Most people here in District 2 are rich but me and my mum arent at all. My mum taught me to never talk to guys, they ruin you're life.. well.. love does. So I've never actually talked to a guy apart from Marissa's dad. The 78th Hunger Games was coming up soon. I've never been picked but a girl I once knew called Clove got picked. She was quite nice but that changed once she got into the games, I hated seeing the bad side of her. She didn't used to be that way. She was the one that taught me how to hunt. She actually went crazy once she joined the Hunger Games. The sun began to shine and it was soon time to go see who was going to get picked for The Hunger Games. I walked over with Marissa, who was crying. She always got like this, I hugged her tight and whispered in her ear," Don't worry, you wont get picked, I'm here with you." I held her hand. She looked at me and then tryed to smile, as the tears ran down her face. Marissa was so pretty, she had a boyfriend but I've never met him. He sometimes hunts with her. We stood with the other kids our age. I looked for my mum in the crowd but I couldn't she her. Then a woman with big hair and alot of makeup walked over to the stage. She thanked us for coming and then put her hand in the list of names. She picked out the girls first. I stood waiting to see who she was going to say. Her mouth opened," Sophie!" I stood frozen as everyone looked at me, I was the only Sophie in the whole of District 2.

Chapter 2:
Tributes: show
How could this happen to me? Everyone was staring at me, I hate when people draw attention to me. I gulped and walked foward, Marissa screaming and crying even harder than she was before. I got on the stage, I started shaking, my pale skin glistened in the sunlight. The woman saw me shaking and the laughed," Don't be frightened!" Was she serious? Of course I was frightened, I was going to my death. She then went to pick the boys. I then saw my mum horrifed that I was on stage. I smiled at her, I hated seeing her like this. She picked the name out of the box,"Ross!" I gasped, it was Marissa's boyfriend. I had never met him and knew what he looked like but I saw everyone looking at a boy so I guessed it was him. By this time, Marissa was clinging onto him, refusing to let go. A peacekeeper dragged her away. Ross stood next to me, he was very attractive. He was 15 just like Marissa. His brown messy hair and his brown eyes and tanned skin really stood out. We shook hands. His hand was so warm.. so comforting. Mine was so cold and pale.

I got dragged to a room where I could see my friends and family. My mum came in first, she hugged me tightly in tears. I smiled at her,"I will be fine, remember what Clove taught me?" My mum continued crying," Yeah, well she died." My mum was right, I didn't stand a chance against everyone else. People from District 2 are supposed to be brave and tough. I was neither. My mum left and Marissa entered, she had just finished seeing Ross. She ran over to me and hugged me her tears went on my ragged clothes. Marissa was so upset.. I had to say something to her. "I will be fine, so will Ross. I know enough skills to survive this and I will make sure nothing happens to Ross, I promise. If you had to bet on someone then I'd be the one you would have to bet on." These words made Marissa wipe her tears away and question me," Really?" I smiled," Really." I knew everything I was saying was lies but I couldn't leave Marissa like this. I was suprised I hadn't burst out crying yet. Maybe later, it's just not the time. We saw a peacekeeper coming over to take Marissa away from me. I hugged her one last time and winked at her saying,"I will keep that promise." She screamed at me as the peacekeeper lifted her up and took her away from me. I was now alone to think about everything that had just happened. Now what? I go fight and die? It seems a bit harsh. The woman who picked my name out took me and Ross into a car. She told us her name was CeCe. I was still shaking, it was too much to take in. As I passed everyone in the car, they gave me and Ross a sign in which they held up 3 fingers. This was famous now, ever since Katniss did it. Katniss was a winner of The Hunger Games in District 12, I've always wanted to go there. I envy Katniss, she was amazing. We then had to go on a train and meet out mentor. I could see Ross pushing his tears back the same way I was. This would be fun..

Chapter 3:
Mentor: show
We sat on the train seats looking at each other as Cece left us alone. There was so much food, if it was someone else they would have pounced for the food but I just sat there staring at Ross. He was looking at me too. We knew we where going to kill each other in the arena so we had to find each others weaknesses. There was only one problem.. I didn't want to kill him. Marissa had told me that Ross is tough and doesn't care about anyone but her so there was no way he would spare my life. I wanted to know who my mentor was. I just wanted this awkward to be over. Ross finally spoke," So, how are you?" What kind of question was that? How could I answer that? How do you answer that? Is he stupid? I tryed to smile," Well.. I'm terrified.. what about you?" He smiled back," I'm scared too." Really? He was? Of course he was. "So you are Marissa's boyfriend?" Ross nodded, "Yeah thats me alright! We are happy together, I'd do anything for her, be anything for her. And you are the wonderful Sophie, shes told me so much about?" I nodded. Boys were not that bad, just because my dad destroyed me and my mums life doesn't mean they are all bad I guess. The door opened and our mentor came in. It was a guy, a young guy who was in his early 20s. Very good looking, I was shocked. He had blonde hair and bright baby blue eyes. He smiled. Ahh. That was the cutest smile ever! "Hey, I'm Jake! And I'm your mentor, I'll help you through it! I won this once and it's not easy but I'll be here for both of you." He smiled again and then winked at me. I blushed, he was so amazing, I was starting to remember him, I was seeing flashbacks of when I was 5 years old.
I was 5, there was chaos everywhere. I was lost and I was stuck in a ditch. Bombs exploding, people dieing. Jake lifted me up and carried me home since he knew my mum. He was only 13 years old and he saved my life. He almost died doing it though. He fell to the ground and got back up again. When I got home my mum let him stay for dinner and it was like he was my brother. I never saw him after that apart from when he was in the games.
I smiled at Jake,"I remember you! You saved me! Why?" Jake nodded,"I did save you, I did it because I was there when you where born, I used to babysit you and you where like a sister to me. Sounds stupid but it's true." I didn't even remember. "How did you know my mum?" I asked, wishing I never did. He looked uneasy, "Well.. I used to work for her and I'm you're dad's son.. but I have a different mother from you." I just stared at him. So we where brother and sister. Ross was just watching the both of us. We arrived at the place we where going to. Thank god! I got out of that conversation quickly.
SophieCub
Childhood Spirit

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): SC, Sofaloaf, Soph
Pride Points: 139

Return to Off-Topic Creativity