Drawing Identity Help?

Drawing Identity Help?

Postby RedKite » September 19th, 2013, 5:29 pm

Ok, so guys, Didn't know where to put this, if it's in the wrong place, sorry!

Ok, so, I'm getting kinda sorta worked up because I am not happy with my drawing style...And then, I look around and well....I feel worse, because all of you are so talented, even people younger than me :sad: ... I have tried to work on it, but it keeps failing really bad... :-o

I don't really have a style yet because I just wing it when it comes to drawing cats.... :oops: or any animals for that instance, the paws are too hard to.....*sigh* Need a bit of moral support or help or tips or something because I feel like every picture I do is just a waste of paper and graphite....

Any help/support is much appreciated... Thanks guys....

Red
RedKite
Protector of the Circle

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Defender of Life

Nickname(s): Red, Redd, Reddie, Kite
Pride Points: 5

Re: Drawing Identity Help?

Postby DGFone » September 19th, 2013, 5:58 pm

Hmm, drawing fanart... I did a bit of that... :happythoughts:

I would say that if you don't have your own style yet, and just want to get better at drawing, stick to the Dinsey style that was used for the movies. Yes, it's a gorgeous style that is very hard to get right, but with so many screen-caps and resources available to help draw with that style, it's a great one for "just getting better".

It also helps to look and examine closely at the details of a certain style and what makes it work. For example, the style used for The Lion King is all about the line-art: characters are usually just a few (often 3 or less) base colors, with shading added in afterwards. But it's the line art that makes or breaks that style, so it's the most important factor in a drawing if you want to make it look like the movie. Knowing this fact, you can practice just the line art without coloring things in if it's only practice that you want.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby RedKite » September 19th, 2013, 6:00 pm

Yeah, not just fan art though, big cat art in general....
RedKite
Protector of the Circle

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Defender of Life

Postby DGFone » September 19th, 2013, 6:01 pm

In that case, whatever you do, DO NOT TRY TO COPY PHOTOGRAPHS. :P
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby RedKite » September 19th, 2013, 6:18 pm

LOL! I know, I tried, and failed, but hey, they say you learn from failure, right? So at the rate I'm going at, I should be the next Leonardo Davinchi! LOL
RedKite
Protector of the Circle

Defender of Life

Postby nalasimba83 » January 6th, 2014, 6:47 am

I suck pretty darn badly too, but i started getting better. It probably depends on what mood your in :lol:

All signatures created by me :3
Itachi and Gin forever!
nalasimba83
It's unbearable isn't it?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The pain of being alone?

Nickname(s): Sarah, NS83
Pride Points: 18

Postby Shadowfax » January 6th, 2014, 7:17 pm

Moved to OT art section :)
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby nalasimba83 » January 9th, 2014, 7:47 am

^^ I love u as a mod :P

All signatures created by me :3
Itachi and Gin forever!
nalasimba83
It's unbearable isn't it?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The pain of being alone?

Nickname(s): Sarah, NS83
Pride Points: 18

Return to Off-Topic Creativity