Getting my sketchy on.

Re: Getting my sketchy on.

Postby Misiziri » April 11th, 2012, 9:21 pm

I'm sorry, guys :P Am I even allowed to keep bumping this topic? I'm sorry, I just can't stop drawing D:

This isn't a real animal, FYI XD Here's the description I made up:

Profile: A marsupial from the Middle Pleistocene, Thylacostenchus was about the same size as a modern-day male Siberian tiger. Females were larger than males. Both are known for the black fur around their muzzles that secrete a fluid with a fowl odor. The fluid is thought to be used for establishing territory and/or attracting others of the species.

Thylacostenchus most likely went extinct due to competition from a rival apex predator: and that predator I will likely be sketching soon ;D
Snarl.png
She's quite friendly, go right up and pet her. No references used.
Misiziri

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): La'Vie
Pride Points: 168

Postby Misiziri » April 12th, 2012, 7:22 pm

More cuddly, lovable creatures with huge fangs
Reference link: http://sebasruna.deviantart.com/art/Vin ... 21603&qo=4

EarlyMammal.png
Early mammal mother snarling at her troublesome youngster. Reference used on animal in the right corner! Animal in left corner did not have a ref.
Misiziri

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Misiziri » April 25th, 2012, 1:57 am

Has been a while! Well, I have some more. The first one is a male bighorn sheep, and a ref was used for this. There's also a crappy poem that goes along with it. Basically it's about a male bighorn having so much pride and focusing so much on himself and his harem that he's killed by a wolf and his pride killed him.

ProudRam.png
Here he is! Ref used! http://jacksonholewildlifetours.com/journal/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/sheepgoodcopy.jpg

He holds his head up high
Mighty as the mountains,
his snout points to the sky.
Unaware
Too proud to care
Or notice its figure passing by
Eyes aglow and sharp teeth bared
The huntress slipped by,
And dared
Too set her sights on the king,
The lord of his harem
Didn't take long
Too rip and to tear 'im!
The mightiest of kings lied
To himself
And in a short few minutes he died
Oh, the great mountain king was dead!
Didn't take long for his pride
To be extinguished from that oversized bighorn head!

And here's some practice with shading, not sure why I chose Lugia of all things... no ref used
Attachments
LugiaShade.png
Shadow effects yay
Misiziri

Postby MrTitans » April 25th, 2012, 5:38 am

this are nice way to go

Avatar: made by Shadow my mother<3 Siggy by Regulus, Jirani, Shadowfax, KristinaKiara and DatLioness.
MrTitans
Nalas true mate

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I still Want Nala

Nickname(s): GearsofWar, Gears, Mio
Pride Points: 19

Postby Misiziri » May 1st, 2012, 12:44 am

Okay someone on Tumblr just came to my blog and said this:

"I just saw your art blog. I think my corneas have been damaged forever. All your people look like prostitutes and God, I'm not going to even get into it. You need to work on your graphics too. A four year old could do better on a broken computer in paint"

And then, although I deleted the message, they said, "My fur and lineart looked atrocious and everything was disproportionate."

Alright, I don't know if this person was just being a total C-word or if it's really THAT bad. So someone PLEASE be entirely honest with me, NO sugar-coating. Is it really as terrible as they say? D:
Misiziri

Postby AdAstrα » May 1st, 2012, 1:00 am

WHAT IS THIS I DONT EVEN. Whoever said that to you, La'vie, is a complete and utter idiot. Sure, you could do with a bit of practice but gawd, people don't turn into flawless artists overnight. It takes a lot of work and dedication and I personally think you're really good! I'm completely honest as well, I really do think you have talent and a LOT of potential. Don't listen to that jerk, keep up the good work :3
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Regulus » May 1st, 2012, 1:49 am

[quote="Misiziri"]I think my corneas have been damaged forever.[/quote]

Clearly, this is an exaggeration. Either that, or you shouldn't be overvolting the backlight in your display. And even then, that would damage your retina, not your cornea.

[quote="Misiziri"]All your people look like prostitutes[/quote]

Well, I don't really think so, but I could understand why someone would think that. It's highly subjective.

[quote="Misiziri"]and God, I'm not going to even get into it.[/quote]

Which roughly translates to: "I want to insult you, but I don't know how."

[quote="Misiziri"]You need to work on your graphics too. A four year old could do better on a broken computer in paint"[/quote]

Obvious exaggeration is obvious.

[quote="Misiziri"]And then, although I deleted the message, they said, "My fur and lineart looked atrocious and everything was disproportionate."[/quote]

Of all the things that would look atrocious, the fur, lineart, and proportions are not bad. The only room for improvement I can think of would be coloring (ahem, the lack of) and the angles; almost everything I've seen is a side view. So:

[quote="Misiziri"]Alright, I don't know if this person was just being a total C-word or if it's really THAT bad. So someone PLEASE be entirely honest with me, NO sugar-coating. Is it really as terrible as they say? D:[/quote]

Obvious troll is obvious.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Misiziri » May 1st, 2012, 1:53 am

Haha, thanks XD I'm pretty sure that chick/dude/both was being a douchebag. Although I do think some of their points are definitely true... I still have a looooooooooooooong way to go before I match the likes of my favorite artists on dA. Just over-exaggerated. Some of my art is admittedly awful :P But at least I don't use bases, do recolourings, or those shizzly MS paint sketches. I'll just keep practicing and use more refs. That's the only way I'll get out of side-view. Thanks, reg! *hug*
Misiziri

Postby Misiziri » May 5th, 2012, 1:08 am

To be honest with you, after thinking about it, I think that commenter was more right than they were wrong :P I mean, without even knowing that I knew those were my weak points, they listed all of the flaws I already knew existed. I think they were wrong about a few things but for the most part what the person said was true. So I'm going to start using as many stock images and resources as I can find and until I get an animal's anatomy down I won't freehand draw. So here's my attempt at animal anatomy using a reference. I did a cat, a bear, a cat with no ref to see how I would do, and a cat's eye with no ref and a cat's eye with a ref. Here it be:
Attachments
AnimalRefDump.png
Here they all be
Misiziri

Postby Regulus » May 5th, 2012, 3:00 am

Geez, I wish I could draw a bear like that. How did you manage to make the shadows perfect without screwing up the outlines?
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Creativity