The little things my mind tells me to write...

The little things my mind tells me to write...

Postby MurderVictim » June 4th, 2011, 4:54 am

This is where I'll post some small writings of mine, ones that just randomly pop in my head which have no future as a full story. Most will probably end up as small scenes if I choose them to be, but for now, to make sure they don't rot inside my brain, I shall post them. These have been posted on a couple other sites I'm on and most have been updated just a little.

Closed Eyes
Spoiler: show
Have you ever wondered what happens when your eyes are closed? What kind of events you miss? Whether in the countless minutes and hours of sleep, or the single second of a blink, anything could happen and you would miss it. The world could collapse and your life could end; the chance of a lifetime could go by simply because you chose to blink.

Ever wonder what monsters come out to play when you're lost in that bit of darkness? They may be watching you, then be gone the very moment your eyes flicker back to reality.

Maybe one day you'll be quick enough to see.

Dream
This is just a dream, I'm sure of it. I'll wake up soon enough, and they'll be gone. They'll just remain in my mind as simple nightmares, then vanish over time. Right? Of course.

Everything vanishes over time. I'll just have to wait. I'll just sit here, on my bed, and wait for the time to silently pass. I close my eyes, my breathing calm and as even as I can force it.

After a while, I slowly open one eye, then the other, and everything seems okay. I unclasp my hands and let my legs lay straight on the black comforter. I sigh with a small smile on my face. It was just a dream.

For now, at least.

Confused Reality
Pressing my hand to the cold glass, I feel the breeze as it shudders beneath my skin. I narrow my eyes to the world beyond where I can't touch.

I feel it. I feel it as it crawls under my skin...The rush. I swallow the wolf back down, forcing it deeper until it's just a numb spot in my stomach, full of distain towards me denying its existance. The trees beyond my window shake with the wind, with a freedom I can no longer have.

It's nights like these, cold like this, that makes me want to be what I'm not, what I never will...What I refuse to be. That urge to howl is stuck in its own little corner, stuck behind my shy voice.

A growl rumbles in my throat as I take my hand away, retracting it back to my side, the other still and steady. I sigh and turn away. As much as I wished it to be...

Tonight wasn't the night.

Shatter
I watched as she trembled, raindrops sliding down her sweat-drenched face. I turned my head, listening as I heard her yelp with pain.

She shifted, now on shaking paws. A growl rumbled in her throat as she stepped away from us...away from me. With ears pulled back, and head lowered, her skin began to crawl and shudder.

Back in her human skin, she fell to the ground, gasping and groaning for it to stop. It was as if she was shattering...Without falling into pieces.

Ever-Wandering Wolf
Let it be known, that when the wind blows, I'll think of you. When the autumn leaves fall, with their faded and dying color, landing in my open hands, I'll send my thoughts to you. Whether you stop to hear them or keep on going without knowing them means nothing to me. As long as you're still free, running with no chains binding you to this decaying world, that's all that matters to me. Keep running.

With frost striking your pelt, promise me you'll have a safe winter. May your paws never tire and your body stay strong and agile wherever you are tonight. We'll be looking to the same Moon, the same stars, and I'll wish that you know of this.

My Ever-Wandering Wolf, I'll always be waiting.

Most recent...

Thought that caused this one: Ever think that, within your mind, the characters you think of for RolePlays and various stories...could be real? That they could be thinking about and waiting for you just as you are for them?

On the Other Side
Do wolves seek each other out? Is there some sort of image in one's mind that reveals who they should search for, who they should love? Sure, they look for a pack, a mate, and others for company, but do they…seek?

I wish someone had told me. I wish I wasn't so confused with this feeling of whether I should look or not. Are shape-shifters real wolves? They steal their bodies and senses, but do they have their instincts? I feel such emotion when running on all fours, though I must stay focused, or else I just might fall out of the fur. I can land on the cold pavement, in pale human skin, all because I'm thinking like I am now.

Who is he? What does he want? Please…I just need to know; it's driving me insane. Oh, wait, I already am, aren't I? Most likely. He's only a character, another personality, that's all he is. Right? I close my eyes and concentrate on the fading sunlight. I claw at the grass my hands rest on.

Is he the one I should pay attention for—the one I should look for in a crowd? His baggy, black clothes, his faded hazel eyes, his spiky, blue-tipped black hair. That cocky smirk when he has a plan, or when he feels confident or smart.

My brain is so weird. It tells me who he is—Jason. It tells me what he looks like and how he acts, but it refuses to tell me where to find him. He could just be another figment of my mixed up imagination. Just another dream…Another useless dream. How childish to think that I can think up a soul mate, and he'll instantly exist.

Then again, he could be out there. Is he thinking of a girl like me? Is he thinking the same way? Maybe he's just as confused…on the other side.

Is this the 'fate' that the humans talk about? Is that what it means to jump into a fantasy, in a dream, and think of another life, then wake up and know it'll exist one day? Do I want it to exist one day? Yeah, I think so.

The light has disappeared, and I'm left alone at this park. Rain threatens to fall, and rapidly growing winds whip the trees around. I close my eyes, if only for a moment, and imagine him here. He could be laying down, trying to keep his mind and thoughts together, thinking of the wolf-girl who could rock his world, just as that wolf-boy could rock mine.

Is it any more perplexing on the other side?

Yeah...I like writing about wolves if that isn't painfully obvious. These aren't all of them, just the ones I like the most. Any thoughts?
Last edited by MurderVictim on August 31st, 2011, 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MurderVictim
I seem to be dead.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Murder, MV
Pride Points: 4

Re: The little things my mind tells me to write...

Postby Daenerys » June 4th, 2011, 4:58 am

These pieces of writing are beautiful! You are talented!
Daenerys
♛ queen ♛

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

nightmare dressed like a daydream

Nickname(s): rena/dashie/whatever
Pride Points: 175

Postby MurderVictim » June 4th, 2011, 5:14 am

Thank you :-D
MurderVictim
I seem to be dead.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby WildSimba » June 5th, 2011, 12:42 am

Closed Eyes is one of the best Creepypasta I've read since last summer. Bravo.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby MurderVictim » June 5th, 2011, 4:10 am

MurderVictim
I seem to be dead.

Postby WildSimba » August 22nd, 2011, 8:46 pm

Unlocked by request. :)
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby MurderVictim » August 31st, 2011, 6:44 am

Something new has been added! (Finally).

It's not really new...Just found it and revised it a little.
MurderVictim
I seem to be dead.

Return to Off-Topic Creativity