[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Divergent RP- Scars Mate and nalasimba83 — My Lion King Forum

Divergent RP- Scars Mate and nalasimba83

Re: Divergent RP- Scars Mate and nalasimba83

Postby Scars Mate » June 3rd, 2014, 5:45 pm

Bella walked slowly back to the bedroom, deliberately setting her foot down with a thunk of her boots. Divergent. She knew that word, though she hadn't told Sarah. Her mother had told her once that she had been Divergent. Which is why her mother, originally a Dauntless, transferred to Amity, to hide. Bella had only been told a few days before her simulation, just a s a warning- in case something happened.

And now Sebastian was Divergent too, and Sarah. Bella knew how unsafe it was- and she was scared. For her friends, for herself, her mother, even though her mother had successfully slipped under the radar of people searching for Divergents.

I have to tell Sebastian I know, Bella thought. Its only right, it's only fair.

She slipped into the room, quickly getting into bed. She thought she felt Sebastian's eyes on her, but she ignored him, trying to sleep. It took a long time.

---------

Breakfast was awkward. Sebastian had hung out with Jo and Jacob the previous night, while Bella had her 'girls night', but he felt like there was something she wasn't saying. He couldn't out his finger on it, but she was agitated, twirling her hair around her finger, constantly crossing and re-crossing her legs.

"How was last night?" He asked, for the second time. She'd simply shrugged before.

"We, uh, watched a movie, drank hot chocolate, chatted and stuff." She shrugged it off, but Sebastian saw it again- she was pointedly avoiding his gaze.

"C'mon, what happened?" He asked, smiling at her. "Where you being mean about me." Her eyes flew up to his.

"No!" She half yelled, then flushed. "I need to talk to you. Alone," she added, casting a glance to Sarah, who seemed to give her a reassuring look.

Sebastian began to shovel down his breakfast, and was up and walking at the end of five minutes.

"What," he asked. "Is the problem?" His voice wasn't harsh, but almost kind; a tone he only took with Bella. She took a deep breath.

"Sarah told me you were Divergent, like her. And my mom," she blurted out. Sebastian's mouth opened slightly. "Only because I was worried about you!" Bella hurried on, worried she'd made him angry with Sarah. "I already knew what it was, because my mom told me that's what she was, but-"

"You don't have to explain," Sebastian said carefully. "But curiosity killed the cat. Literally."
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Whatever :3
Pride Points: 44

Postby nalasimba83 » June 3rd, 2014, 11:17 pm

Sarah went towards the table with Lyndsay and Nel. "Why do I feel strangely excluded?"Nel asked. He began to dig in to his pancakes and sausages. He looked at Sarah. "Hey, you there?"he asked her. He could read her body language, she was clearly thinking about something. She fluttered her eyes and nodded with a yawn. "So how did things at the parlor go,"he said stuffing his fork into his mouth and chewing carefully. "With Alice."

"We did regular things,"Sarah replied. "We talked, watched movies, told stories, and talked a little more." She looked the side. "Oh, and I gave the girls tattoos since they wanted them." She looked at Lyndsay who was grinning continuously. "You wanna show it?"

"No way, you got a tattoo,"Nel replied. "C'mon don't leave me hanging,"he said towards Lyndsay.

"Okay, after seeing Alice's gorgeous tattoo, I decided to do something a little different,"she started. She lifted her shirt partway to show a small tattoo with Victorian designs on the side of her stomach."Like it? In the middle is a bud,"she replied. "Like a flower." She gave an excited and a thankful nod towards Sarah.

"Why did you get that specifically?"Nel asked her."Yeah, its amazing art though. You make jealous sometimes,"he complimented Sarah.

Sarah shrugged. "She wanted one real badly, so I gave her one." She smiled at him. "Oh and thanks."

Lyndsay stared at him,"What do you mean? I thought it looked pretty, I kinda stole the Victorian style from Alice."

Nel shrugged at her strangely,"Isn't the purpose of a tattoo to symbolize something? Whats the point of having a permanent mark on your body if it doesn't mean anything to you." He looked at Sarah and smirked. She had her lips slightly parted.

"Nel-,"she began, realizing he quoted her.

"What about your tiger tattoo, what does it mean to you?"Lyndsay asked, a little disappointed from not getting the reaction she wanted.

"At first, I thought it looked cool,"Nel replied."But I began seeing this tattoo as a constant reminder that I have to trust myself and my instincts, and that I don't completely have to rely on what other people think is 'right.'" He set his fork down.

Sarah smiled. " Fire is known to bring pain and suffering, but it also brings warmth and light. Whatever obstacle I face, there is something positive I can gain from it. And when fire burns and destroys everything in its path, something new emerges that can replace what is lost. The grass grows greener and the trees grow taller. And fire is known for wildness and chaos, but that also reminds me that a little danger and fun is what makes you feel alive,"she shrugged giggling, then putting her hair back into place.

"What does Alice' tattoo mean?"Lyndsay asked.

"Truth be told, I don't know,"Sarah replied. "But I'm pretty sure it means more than what it is seen to the eye."

"What if you don't have a tattoo at all?"Lyndsay replied.

Sarah thought about it for a moment. "Maybe it means that your unsure of what type of person you are or what you want to be. Or you might think that you already know what type of person you are or want to be, and you don't need a reminder. I don't know."

"Or it may mean that your dead scared of getting one,"Nel replied.

"Yeah, it may be that you just don't want one,"Sarah said.

Nel drained his glass and looked above him to find Jackson sitting beside him, patting his back. "Whats up man?"he said. His hair was spiky and the same devious grin was splattered across his face. He was neither good looking nor bad looking. He looked at Sarah,"Hey Sarah." He looked at Lyndsay,"Hey random girl."

Sarah nearly choked on her juice when she saw that evil little bastard sitting in front of her. Nobody had any idea how many times he had tried to spray the word "Stiff" on her bed,the time he and his sidekick Piper tried to cut her hair short (mostly due to Piper's jealousy), or tell some fake lie about her to the instructors. What was he doing? "Hey Klutz,"she replied, taking advantage of his weird last name.

Lyndsay laughed. "Hey bastard,"Lyndsay said flatly. "Nel, why is he smiling at you. And patting your back?"

"And sitting here?"Sarah finished.

"Truth is, me and Jackson were kinda childhood rivals,"Nel said. Lydnsay and Sarah's jaws were hanging below in shock. "In combat. We knew we were both gonna choose Dauntless." He looked at their faces. "Yeah, he's an idiotic jerk and all-"

"Watch that tongue of yours Cornelius,"Jackson said.

Nel turned a bright red. "Oh your just asking for it."

"So now you two made up or something,"Sarah asked. She shook her head. "Okay, sorry, but this is weird."

"Yeah, I know I was a jerk and all,"Jackson replied. "But I thought Sti-Abnegation like you were easy to forgive."

"Well, not me,"Sarah replied. "But maybe I will because of Nel...or maybe because half of your stupid plans never really worked out." Jackson rolled his eyes.

"So, you guys were talking about having no tattoos, isn't that like a sin?"he asked taking a seat next to Nel."What type of idiot doesn't have a tattoo?"

"Thats not true,"Nel replied. "You know, our friend Luke doesn't have one. And we both know that that guy is far from ever being an idiot." Sarah noticed how he said 'our' friend Luke when talking to Jackson, which meant he knew the trio as well.

Jackson had a look of flat out jealousy in his face. "He's alright."

Nel raised an eyebrow. "I like the dude. He's funny, smart, and easy going. Whats more than that? I'm not gay or anything, but he's also good looking." He stared at Jackson and began to chuckle. "Right, I forgot. You lost to him at that one match, didn't you? Gosh I never knew you could keep a grudge for that long."

"Can somebody tell me who Luke is? And more importantly how he looks like?"Lyndsay asked.

"Why do you care?"he said rudely. Sarah watched Bella tell Sebastian and decided to get up from her seat. Clearly, the pill last night had worked since she had quite an appetite at the breakfast table. Sarah went up towards Sebastian after seeing Bella leave towards the dormitories. "So whats up?"she asked casually swinging an arm around his neck. He seemed a bit surprised with her new behavior towards him. He was like an older brother she never had. "You always give me that look, like I'm always doing something wrong,"Sarah said, sighing. "So are you going to yell the freaking daylights out of your body or-or, are you going to thank me,"she began to smirk.

He looked like he was thinking that part out, studying her very closely. "Just thank me already,"Sarah said grinning. "You're never going to find a friend like Bella-of course, other than me,"she teased him. "So you can say I did you a favor by telling Bella,"she replied. "Now come on,"she urged him. "You can either thank me, or hug me!"she said wide-eyed. "Or you can do both if you want."
nalasimba83
It's unbearable isn't it?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The pain of being alone?

Nickname(s): Sarah, NS83
Pride Points: 18

Postby Scars Mate » June 4th, 2014, 6:10 pm

"I would have appreciated if you'd let me tell Bella," Sebatsian said stiffly, then relaxed. "But what's done is done. And I'm not to sure about the whole touching thing. I have a feeling it makes Bella jealous," he added quietly. "Have you told anyone? Because I think you should." At Sarah's apprehensive look, he rolled his eyes. "Yeah, maybe not Lyndsay and Nel. That other girl- Jane? I don't know. See you at training. Wait- do we even have to go? We've done one simulation, we just have to wait for everyone else to do one and then we do more, don't we?" He sighed. "I don't know. See you around. I'll probably be at the parlour."

He turned and followed where Bella had gone, weaving through the corridors to the dormitory, where Bella was no where to be seen.

"Bella?" Sebatsian called, his voice filling the room. A shriek came from the communal bathrooms.

"Don't scare me!" Bella called, evidently having a shower. "And don't you dare come near me!" She added.

"Why would I of that?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. There was no reply. Have I upset her? he thought. "Because I'm doing you a favour and respecting your privacy," he continued.

"Oh. Well, go away!"

"No, I came to find you!" He replied, frowning.

"Why because you're my friend?" He was confused about her change in attitude, but gave up trying to understand her with a resigned sigh. "I'll be outside."

It took Bella another 20 minutes to be done with whatever she was doing, and came out with a smile on her face and a brand new outfit.

"I don't think we have to go in today," she said. Sebastian shrugged.

"I'm working at the parlour. You can probably stay."

"Oh! I, uh, kind of asked Sarah, but can you pierce my ears?" She asked shyly. He was about to ask why she'd want her ears pierced, but shut his mouth.

"No problem. Let's go."
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby nalasimba83 » June 4th, 2014, 8:38 pm

Sarah rolled her eyes about the 'touching' thing. "He still didn't properly thank me,"she muttered to herself. She thought about her telling someone, but who? Nel, maybe. Lyndsay, probably not. Jackson-wait, why did that thought even come to her head. Jane? She shrugged and went back to the tables. "What are you still doing here?"She asked Jackson.

"Leave it to you to keep a lifelong grudge,"Jackson replied.

"No, I mean your in my seat,"she said. "So you can get out before I shove you out."

"Or you can just shove him out either way,"Lyndsay said. "He's making my breakfast awkward."

"Yeah, we'll just be at the parlour. So, uh, have fun,"Sarah informed him. Nel's voice cut with Jackson saying something to him. "I don't think I can deal with this if he decides to sit at our table every day now,"she muttered to Lyndsay as they climbed a set of stairs.

"He's a jerk, he's an idiot, he's so full of himself, and...." Lyndsay turned to Sarah. "Its clear he flirts with you now and then."

Sarah stared at her, than began to laugh. "Lyndsay, sometimes your perspective leaves me wondering what you 'see' everyday. I think I know when a guy would flirt with me, for example-Nel." She reached the top of the flights and let her hands glide across the bars. "Although I know its just funny, nothing serious."

"Okay,"Lyndsay replied. "But just being cautious, you should stay away from him."

"Well no sh**!"

Lyndsay sighed,"You don't believe me." She pinned her hair and turned towards Sarah. "Don't you see the way he looks at you? And he called you by your name."

"Even if he is a jerk, maybe if he was attractive, I would be interested,"Sarah said. "But sadly he is not, besides...I'm pretty sure that Piper girl is interested."

"She's ugly,"Lyndsay replied.

"You're talking like Jackson is somewhat good-looking in your standards."

Lyndsay shook her head,"You're missing the point. All I'm saying is that Jackson might have a thing for you, so you should be careful around that dirty weasel."

"Oh look!"Sarah said imitating an abnormally deep tone. "He called me by his name! Woopdeedoo!"she replied,sarcastically.

"It means a lot coming from Jackson,"Lyndsay replied. "Oh, but whatever. Its clear that you won't listen."

"Oh I'm listening, I just don't think your 'theory' can be proven false or proven true,"Sarah said laughing at Lyndsay's frustration. "Okay, let's go in,"Sarah motioned her head towards the glass doors of the parlour. She shut it behind her and picked up an apron. "Kay, you can wait here if you like or you can just go outside ad do something while you wait for me."

"I'll just wait here,"Lyndsay replied. She began to scroll around pages and touch things in the wall.

"Alright,"Sarah said. She went inside the doors and gave tattoos to a couple of random people, which seemed to be thanking her over and over again. Then, she did a diamond nose piercing to a person's nose, stomach, and tongue. She did a couple more tattoos, removed a person's piercings, and gave a bunch of ear piercings. Sarah already had her ears pierced though her parents didn't give her much attention to actually notice them.

"Sarah, you already worked way past your hours. Why don't you take a break?"Alice yelled from the other side of the parlor.

"I was just about to!"Sarah yelled back.

"Ouch,"Lyndsay said covering her ears. "Don't you think that was a bit too loud?"

"Alright,"Alice replied.

"Seeya!" Sarah waved and removed her apron.

"Let's head over to the shops,"Lyndsay said. "That's right! You've never actually visited the coolest part of this faction." She took her hand and began leading her the other way. "I'm totally broke, but you still have all your money."

"Oh, alright,"Sarah replied, uncertainly. "But I'm not too keen on spending all my money on just-clothes. But if it makes you happy...So which top do you want?"she asked her.

"Not for me,"Lyndsay said pointing a finger to her chest. "For you! You wanna know why I'm broke? I spent all my money on clothes."

"Okay..."Sarah said as she began shuffling the clothes from the rack. "What about this one?"she asked picking up a sleeveless black top with straps in the back.

"Too revealing,"Lyndsay said. "Not that you don't have anything to show off for that manner....hmm, what size are you?"

"Small maybe?"Sarah replied thoughtfully.

"No...your probably a B, but close to C,"Lyndsay said.

"Wha-?"Sarah said. "Hey!"she said when she finally realized what type of size she was talking about. "We're in public! Don't go around saying things like that,"she said turning red.

"It's not that big of a deal,"Lyndsay replied.

"Okay, this one is a definite no then,"Sarah said putting the top back in its rack.

"Aww, I like it,"a voice said behind them. It was Jane. "Let's see,"she said. She was wearing a normal black shirt with light blue jeans. She held the top and put it in front of Sarah. "Yeah, this one is definitely you."

"Yeah, see even Jane says so,"Lyndsay said. Lyndsay forgot about the whole 'stealing Sarah' thing. "So, we are taking this,"she snatched the shirt and held it in her arm. "Whether you like it or not."

"Now for a bottom,"Jane said holding a finger to her chin. She shuffled through more racks.

"So where are the other two?"Sarah asked as she began shuffling as well.

"They're shopping too,"she said casually. "No, not this one,"she muttered looking at a red skirt. "Over at the men's section."

"You too?"Sarah asked. Jane shook her head.

"I obviously can't go with them to shop, so I came here instead. And I bumped into you!"she replied. "Okay perfect,"she took out a hanger with dark jeans that looked like they could suffocate the life out of her legs. It had no rips or tatters. "Take this one too,"she got a lighter pair of jeans with differences in blue shades and one with rips on her knees.

"Do you wear skirts?"Lyndsay said from the other side. Sarah forgot that Lyndsay was there as well.

"No, not really,"Sarah replied.

"Your more of a shorts person,"Jane said.

"You could say that."

"Here,"Jane said. She tossed her white, light blue, dark blue, and black shorts. "We got jeans and shorts taken care of."

"Boots,"Lyndsay said grinning.

"Ooh, nice pick,"Jane said, complimenting Lyndsay's choice. They were brown leather boots that were at least more than a foot long.They got her silver shoes with straps and flats with a leopard design. "Heels, black goes with anything,"she said in a slight sing-song voice. They got her a less than an inch black heels with a design at the toe. "We got one of every kind."

"More tops,"Lyndsay said.

"How could I forget?"

"You guys are ripping the money out of my card,"Sarah said, laughing.

"Wasn't that the plan?"Jane said, smirking. "Now, try this on." She handed her a pink glossy top that formed a slight U, showing just a little of her midriff. "Suits your hair. We need something green! We can't let those dazzling eyes go to waste."

"What about green earrings?"Lyndsay asked.

"Lets save that til the end,"Jane replied. She gave her a green top that looked like the pink top, except it was darker and didn't have the glossy effect. "Epic times a thousand."

"You know, I actually like these tops,"Sarah said. Jane had a brilliant taste of style which was almost identical to her own.

"Then we'll get a couple more,"she replied. A couple more tops were piled onto everybody's arms. She had a black and white striped top, a regular white top, a blue top that looked like a bunch of blue paint colors were splattered and blended well, a lacy top, and even more.

"So we got you tops, jeans, shorts, and shoes,"Lyndsay said.

"We need tanktops and buttoned T-shirts,"Jane said snapping her fingers. She began to laugh. "This is fun." Soon, a tanktop of almost every color and a couple of checkered T-shirts were also thrown into a cart that Sarah found nearby. "Now, for a couple of leather jackets, another basic necessity in Dauntless,"Jane said. She strolled through the tops section again to go into the jackets. They got her a couple of black leather jackets into different styles.

"I feel like we're missing something though,"Lyndsay frowned. "Aha! Dresses!"

"I won't need dresses in Dauntless,"Sarah said. "Tops I can understand though."

"Its still fun shopping for them,"Jane shrugged. She sighed,"this is way better than watching Max run around the shop like a clueless idiot."

Sarah held a purple dress that came towards her thighs with a belt in the middle. Then, they piled more black and blue dresses and then a red dress. They each had different styles. "We're gonna need two carts soon,"Sarah replied.

"On it,"Jane said.

"Now for accessories,"Lyndsay said. "A pearl necklace?"

"Nah,"Sarah shook her head.

"A studded ring?"

Sarah shook her head again. "Back!"Jane said with a cart. "Ooh, earrings. Emerald and peridot dangles. Don't worry, I'll be paying for half of it."

"You really shouldn't. Trust me, I have a lot of money... like alot. I work extra hours so Alice pays me double the amount of any other worker."

"So now your free to go!"Lyndsay said. They looked at all the carts stuffed with clothing. "Let's pay."

They laughed as they pushed the carts out of the shop and into the fitting rooms, while Lyndsay took the remaining clothes back into Sarah's locker at the dormitories. Sarah came out wearing a black tanktop with a blue checkered shirt over it, slightly unbuttoned to make the tanktop look like an actual shirt. Underneath she wore black shorts and the tall leather boots.

"There, now you can see how it all works out,"Jane said. "Oh, Lyndsay's back."

"K, I did it,"she said, grinning.

"I have to say, your style impresses me,"Sarah grinned as well.

"Oh..."Jane said. "Well, you can say I'm familiar with all the shops around here. The one across us is the best for accessories and the one beside us is the best for jeans."

They walked out, just looking at more clothes casually and talking. Suddenly, Max and Luke came out of a black curtain from the fitting rooms. Max wore a purple and black striped shirt with a grey jacket on his arm. Underneath, he wore somewhat of baggy jeans and sneakers.

"Who is he?"Lyndsay said, flickering a smile.

"There you are,"Jane said grabbing Max' arm, slightly annoyed at Lyndsay's comment. "Wait, you spent all of the day shopping and you came out looking like...that."

"Don't worry about it,"Luke said. In his arm was a white bag filled with clothing. "I already got it." He came out with a buttoned grey collared shirt and a black leather jacket on top of it. Underneath were dark blue jeans. He looked hotter than any guy in Dauntless and he wasn't even trying.

"Wooah,"Lyndsay said, almost shrieking. "Who is he..."

"That's Luke,"Sarah said, trying to hide the fact that she got pissed off at Lyndsay trying to make a flirtatious move knowing full well that Sarah liked him.

"Hi,"he said to Sarah. His eyes drifted towards Lyndsay and he waved slightly and awkwardly.

"I'm Lyndsay,"she said grinning.

"I'm Luke, and this is Max,"he said pointing a finger towards him.

"I know,"She said not losing that grin.

"What?"he replied slightly confused.

She shook her head,"Nothing."

"Dang, you look like you've done quite the shopping,"Max said. He was laughing. "I mean look at you!" He raised an eyebrow and eyed Sarah. "You look freaking amazing."

Sarah grinned,"I would say the same for you, but-maybe you should go down a size on those jeans you got there."

"Luke already got them,"Max said. "Anyways, we were heading out, wanna come Sarah?"

"Sure,"she said. "But, I gotta tell Alice that I'm taking the rest of the day off. I'm supposed to go back there in an hour."

"Uh, its okay. I'll go and tell her,"Lyndsay offered. She felt strangely like the fifth wheel. "And I gotta go do something,too." She made an excuse and waved bye to them. "But have fun." The smiled drained from her face. "Maybe I'll just hang out with Nel for the day, or maybe Bella,"Lyndsay thought, seeing how they were friends now.

"Thanks!"Sarah said waving back to her.
nalasimba83

The pain of being alone?

Postby Scars Mate » June 6th, 2014, 6:22 pm

Sebastian looked at Bella out of the corner of his eye. Was she wearing makeup? Her eyes had a smokey look about them, and were definitely lined with black. Her lashes were longer, her lips tinged red that made her skin look paler, and her tone was more even. He preferred her without makeup, but maybe that was just because that was how he had met. She was really getting into Dauntless fashion. And as for her outfit, she was wearing a black top with the sleeves starting below her shoulders, revealing the whole of her neck down to her just below her collarbones, and everything either side of that. She wore black jeans, casually ripped at the knees, and new black boots, with about two inches of heel, which managed (miraculous, Sebastian thought) to walk in with ease. So that's what Lucy and Annie have been doing with her, he thought.

"I like the new look," he said, to fill the silence. Bella laughed.

"I feel more comfortable walking around the compound in these clothes. Like I belong, you know?" She said.

"Yeah, I do." Sebastian was wearing dark blue jeans, and a his black leather jacket over a black t-shirt.

They got to the parlour, and Bella gave him an uncomfortable look.

"You sure you wanna pierce my ears?" She asked.

"It's up to," he reminded her. Bella sighed.

"Yeah. Yeah, I do want them done. But not just plain ones, in the ear love. Can I get the top of my ears done as well? You know, helix piercings," she added, knowing that using its proper term he would berate her.

"Sure!" He said with a laugh.

He led the way into the shop, positioning her onto a chair, before saying hi to Alice and then grabbing all the stuff he needed. He carefully drew little dots on Bella's ears, marking out where he'd need the gun, and to avoid it being skewed. The lobe piercings were easy- Bella didn't even flinch, just smiled. She had little faux-diamond studs, which looked almost like the real thing. Almost.

"And now the others," Sebastian said. He carefully positioned the gun, holding ear, before letting the instrument do it's work.

"Ow!" Bella yelped. Reaching up to clutch her ear. Sebastian readied an eyebrow.

"Still want me to do the other?" He asked, a playful smirk on his lips.

"Yes," she growled, steeling herself. It was easier, but still made her jump.

"Now what?" Bella asked as Sebastian cleared up.

"I have to work. You can do what you like," he answered.

"Yeah, I think I'll just hang about here." Bella caught Alice's eye, who gave her some sort of encouraging nod, but Bella just shook her head minutely in response. It's not the right time, she mouthed. Alice rolled her eyes, but got back to work.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby nalasimba83 » June 6th, 2014, 11:00 pm

Sarah was going to head on with the three of them, but forgot to log her hours in at the parlour. "Be right back! I promise this will only take like 5 minutes!"She said raising up 5 fingers.

"Kay,"Jane replied. "We'll wait over here."

"Thanks,"Sarah said. She ran across the hallways wearing the leather boots that looked like she was going to trip any second. She walked into the parlor and saw Lyndsay explaining about Sarah's change of plans with Alice's understanding nods. "Hey,"She said, panting and out of breath. "I forgot to log in my hours." Sarah grabbed for a pen and a sheet lying across the counter leaned against a brown clipboard.

Alice's face turned into a bigger grin as if she was excited to see Sarah back again in the parlor, even though it was just to log in the hours. They had some sort of special bond, Alice was like a mother figure or like an older sister towards her. "So, what are you doing?"

"Oh, um, just hanging out I guess,"she replied. She lifted her head to stare at Alice. "With Jane and the others."

"Like with Luke and his friend?"Alice said trying her best not to smirk. Sarah nodded. "I see you came prepared." Her eyes scanned Sarah's outfit and she smirked. "You've got quite the makeover."

"Yeah we went shopping,"Lyndsay replied.

"I can tell, but shouldn't you be wearing something...well a little more luring,"Alice said raising an eyebrow and curving her lip into a smile. "Not that I'm saying it isn't good enough, cause wow...you look great-but."

"I guess you can say its something more casual,"Sarah replied. "Besides, I'm sort of waiting for the right moment,"she said as color filled her cheeks.

"Oh come on,"Alice said suddenly interested. "Like this isn't the right moment." She sighed,"I love watching stories like yours unroll. They're so fun to watch." She set her hands down and rested her face on her palms. "But do tell me how it goes."

Sarah rolled her eyes than she began to frown a little. "He sees me as a friend, nothing more."

Alice took her face from her palms and stood straight,"Why the sudden change in attitude?"

"It's nothing, just a thought that occurred in my mind. Well, I got to go. See ya." She turned her head towards Alice. "Thanks for the pills by the way, they worked."

"Oh,"Alice said a little disappointed. "Well okay then.

Lyndsay stared around in the tattoo shop and went back into the dormitories. She decided to pass time by taking what little money was left of her card and go shopping until it re-filled again.
Sarah went back to Jane and the others who actually stuck by their word and waited next to the shops. "Back. So what did I miss?"

"Nothing, we were just discussing what we were going to do,"Max replied. "I was thinking to grab lunch..."

"Pig,"Jane replied. She sighed. "Okay, I am a bit hungry too."

"We're going to go to the dining hall?"Sarah asked slowly.

"No, I know a couple of restaurants in Dauntless. It's a big faction, but I found one or two while passing down here,"Luke said.

"Perfect, so we'll grab lunch and head towards laser tag,"Max said casually.

"Laser tag?"Sarah looked at them. "Here? In Dauntless?"

"For Dauntless-borns, a couple of our friends are hosting is and a few people got invited-including us,"Max explained. "And when I mean a few, I mean like seven people."

"Including Olivia and David,"Jane rolled her eyes. "I don't think you'll know anyone there,"Jane said. "But the whole fun of it is to try and figure out who the other person is. And I think they have the exception of a team leader bringing a friend."

"Uhhh,"Sarah said, confused.

"There are two teams with their team leaders-which is Mackenzie and Jonathan, "Luke began. Sarah knew she heard that name somewhere. She looked at Jane or Max to actually explain who the person was.

"They're the two instructors for the Dauntless borns,"Jane explained for her.

"They make it pitch black in there and your required to wear a suit that glows blue,"Luke continued.

"Everybody wears blue?"Sarah asked. She thought that they would have their own team colors.

"Everybody,"Max confirmed, nodding.

"You can't see the person's face; you can only hear them,"Luke replied.

"Be careful though, some people are experts at imitating voices,"Jane told her. "For example-Olivia. Which is part of the reason why people find her annoying."

Sarah was finding it harder to keep up with these rules. "The real fun of it is to try to figure out who that person is and if he's a comrade or not. Some people end up shooting their own comrades, which I find hilarious."

"The beauty of the game is that you can't trust anyone,"Luke said with a devious smirk she didn't see before.

"Of course there's more to it."

"You have 1 life only. Once your shot, you're done,"Luke informed her. "The object of the game is to try to reach the opponent's machine before they get to ours."

"Machine?"Sarah asked. She was lost, but she didn't say it out loud.

"We have two machines. Our machine and David's machine. They are password restricted. You need to try and find the password and enter it into their machine and the game is won."

"Just like that?"Sarah asked.

"It's harder than it looks,"Luke said. "Surrounding those machines are a couple of guards. We'll have them surrounding our machine as well. The hard part is not that, its how you will have to find the password. Only one of the opponent's players know the password. As I said earlier, you don't know who is your comrade and who is your enemy. They might me our enemy pretending to be the comrade."

"Oh okay,"Sarah said still feeling a bit confused, but not as confused as before.

"Yeah, its confusing,"Max said like he was reading her face. "It's a sort of Dauntless practice. Like trying to get through barriers unnoticed, getting information, finding out who is your comrade and who's the enemy."

"We're here,"Luke said as they entered the restaurant. They took a table with four chairs, two on each side. Sarah and Jane sat next to each other with Sarah in front of Luke and Jane is front of Max. A waitress came to their table holding menus and set them on their table.

"We have a Chinese restaurant in Dauntless?"Max said. "I didn't know that and I lived here for my entire life."

"Ready?"the waitress came back.

"Sure,"Max replied shrugging.

"First, any drinks?"

"Two regular cokes,"Luke said looking at Max. It must have been their favorite soft drink. He looked back at Jane and Sarah. "You guys?"

"I'll take a Sprite,"Jane said. Her head turned to Sarah.

"Rootbeer."

"Okay, now for the orders,"the girl said.

"Umm, err..."Max said.

Jane rolled her eyes,"We'll take Combo number 2 please."

"K." The girl returned shortly with the plates.

"How was the simulation?"Max said grinning to Jane.

Jane stood stiff,"I was in a house... And it caught on fire."

"Thats all?"Max said a little disappointed.

She shook her head as she ate a noodle with a fork."No you idiot that's not all! I was slowly burning to death in flames!"she exclaimed. She looked at her arm with the same fire tattoo as Sarah and slightly winced. "You're turn,"she muttered to Max.

"But your not afraid of fire,"Max replied. "If you were, why would you get that tattoo?"

"Now that you say it,"Jane said slowly. "You're right."

Sarah picked up her chopsticks instead of her fork and began eating a piece of orange chicken. "I was drowning,"she said slowly. "Like everything was made out of water, including the sky. The storm was so big it moved and drowned an entire island. It felt like I was inside a living surreal painting."

Luke took his two pieces of chopsticks and began twirling it around the plate. "What is it?"Max asked as he turned his head to look at him.

"Isn't it ironic that Jane's simulation was burning in fire and Sarah's simulation was drowning in water?"he said thoughtfully.

The two girls looked at each other, then looked back at Luke. "Does it mean something?"Sarah asked.

He shrugged,"It was just a thoughtful observation." He picked up a piece of shrimp with his chopsticks and carefully dipped it in a sauce.

"I told you mine, so tell me yours,"Jane said to Max.

"Mine? Mine was falling into an endless pit,"Max said. "There was complete darkness and I just kept falling." He turned to Luke. "You?"

"Nothing,"Luke replied.

"Huh?"Jane and Sarah said at once.

"My simulation was literally nothing,"Luke said casually, shrugging. "There was no ceiling, floors, walls, people, objects... It was me just-lost, I guess."

"Looks like you two had it easy,"Jane said. "Try burning in fire or drowning in water, you'll learn what true fear is."

Max rolled his eyes,"Laser tag starts now."
Sarah got a look at Mackenzie, she was the same girl that greeted her when she jumped along with Drew of course. "The teams are already set up,"Max whispered to Sarah. "Mackenzie's team is Luke, me, Jane, and you. We also have Sydney, Mike, and Janet on our team. Johnathan's team is David, Olivia, Garret, and Hickory and the rest of the names I forgot."

Sarah and the rest of them put the same suit on. Mackenzie walked up to them when the lights went pitch black like Luke said. All of them were glowing blue. "A word of advice, stick together until you get into your positions."

"I'll take guard,"Jane said. "I'm better at defensive anyways." A few others volunteered, and they split. Sarah took her laser gun at her hand and she ducked behind a rectangle glass mirror with a small peeping hole in it. With the reflection, she could see who was coming. Her back was leaned against the wall with the gun in her hand. The person was coming closer and her grip against the gun got tighter. She stepped away from the glass mirror and held the gun against the person's chest faster than he could have noticed she was standing there.

"Hey!"the person said. "Its me-Sydney!"a girl said. "Gosh, put that gun down, your scaring me right now." Sarah lowered the gun slowly.

"Sorry,"she replied.

"Yeah its okay, so your offensive?"Sydney asked. Sarah nodded. "Did you get the password yet?" Sarah slowly shook her head. "Damn it." She fiddled with her fingers. "Well oka-"Synday began.

Sarah immediately cut her off by gripping her with her elbow behind her back and pointing the gun at her chest. "Can it Olivia,"she said casually.

"What are you talking about? Wait, you must be the enemy!"

"Sydney is playing defensive. She's guarding the machine over there with Jane,"Sarah replied. "You're obviously not her, and I can only think of one person who can imitate voices that well."

Olivia grunted,"Damn you." She began to whine and Sarah found out why Jane considered her so annoying. "What are you waiting for? Wait, you too afraid to shoot me?"

"I'm seriously tempted,"Sarah said gripping her gun. "But if I shoot you, then who would tell me the password?"

Olivia laughed,"You really are a beginner. See, you have to try and trick the opponent into telling the password. The advantage your adversaries have in this game is that you don't know who's the enemy and who's not." She began to laugh. "Now see, if you forcefully try to interrogate your enemies like this-they'll simply do this." Olivia quickly got out her own gun and shot the red point in her chest. She was out of the game.

Sarah smirked,"Thanks for the piece of advice." She moved onto another rectangle glass, but saw somebody already there. She decided to slowly back away and head towards their machine. She took down two members of Johnathan's team not including Olivia. Suddenly, a gun pointed towards her chest as she made way towards that machine.

"You're part of Mackenzie's team aren't you?"a male voice said. Damn it! How did he know! I didn't gave away anything,she thought to herself.

"You may think that you got the upper hand here,"Sarah began. "But now I just confirmed your Johnathon's team."

The guy laughed,"You didn't give away anything." It was like he read her mind. "You just confirmed the fact that you were in her team."

"Damn it!"she thought to her self. "How could I be so stupid?"

"It's okay, I won't shoot you. I need the password anyways. So tell me like a good little girl or you know what will happen."

"You Dauntless-borns get so worked over a laser tag game,"Sarah said almost laughing. "Anyways, your Garrett aren't you?"

"What?"he said. "How the hell-"

"Did I know? Luke told me about you. You're supposed to be the dumbest in the group. I can't find anybody dumber than you to forcefully interrogate me,"Sarah said with a smirk. "You know, I have no use for you either,"she said, but somebody shot him earlier than her.

"Hey, you okay?"the guy said.

"Errm,"Sarah looked back. "Yeah thanks so much."

"I'm Mike,"he said. "Let's go see if Luke and Max deciphered the code yet."

"Yeah we did,"A guy said. There were two guys actually with the exact same voice as Max and Luke.

"You did?"Mike asked.

"Yeah,"Max said.

"Thats so cool!"Mike replied. "But Jane told me our machine was jammed. They have to change the password."

"Don't worry about it man,"Luke replied. "We already defeated Johnathan's crew."

"So you guys won huh?"The guy said. He groaned and screamed dammit while he punched the ground repeatedly. "How did you guess the password was eggz, we made it so nobody would even think it was a possibility!" He groaned again and beat the floor.

"Liam,"Luke replied. "Isn't that the name?"

"Yeah,"he said. He slowly got up. "Anyways, we knew we didn't have a chance. Whatever, we'll win next time,"he said.

"You wish,"Luke replied with a smirk, even though Sarah couldn't see his face. He got the laser and shot Liam. "We got the password."

"Lemme guess, the game is still on,"Sarah replied. The two guys nodded and went to the password. Max got them by surprise and shot two of the guards. Luke shot the other two and Sarah entered the password. A huge beeping noise came and she heard Mackenzie exclaim something.

Jane came up to them and grinned,"You guys actually did it!" She hugged Max, who stumbled a little bit with a faltering smile. Jane then grabbed Sarah and swung her around in circles. "Oh by the way, I shot David."

"No way!!"Max said. The lights came back on and the victory went to Mackenzie's team.

"Yeah, and I took care of a bunch of other people. Nobody touched our machine so far."

"Mackenzie's totally gonna love us,"Max said grinning.

"You bet!"Mackenzie said. She put one arm around Max and another arm around Luke. "Nice going Stiff. Awesome shooting Jane." She turned her heads to look at both the boys,"Now what should I say about you?"

"That we're awesome,"Max said.

"That we kicked ass?"Luke offered.

"I have been waiting to show that Johnathan off for years!"she said. "Okay, we're going out, everything is on me."

After they went to another restaurant, everybody was sick to their stomach except for Max. "How can you eat so much and not get fat?"Mackenzie asked.

"Everybody wonders,"Sarah replied. She laughed and payed with her card. "Oh hey,"she said to Sarah. "Name's Sarah right?"

"Yeah,"Sarah replied.

"Not bad for a transfer."

"Oh well-thanks,"She replied.

"By the way, cute boots,"she said. It was pretty clear she got drunk half-way while they ate. "I wish I was younger,"she said with her voice feeling a bit dizzy. Sarah realized she was probably mid-20's like Drew. "I wanna be pretty again-like you,"she began feeling Sarah's hair. "I want another bottle please."

"Maybe you shouldn't,"Jane said.

"Aww, I wanna,"Mackenzie said.

"Umm,"Sarah said. "Maybe we should go-or at least Mackenzie. I think she's a little too drunk."

Luke slipped her arm around his neck and Max did the same. "We're going to get going before she wrecks the place,"he told Sarah. "See you tomorrow." The two boys got up and she laughed wobbly. "Word to the wise, never bring a drunk Mackenzie-anywhere."

"Yeah, seeya,"she said. "Damn, its pretty late."
She went off to dinner and then to bed, taking another one of Alice's pills. She woke up to find Nel's face looking at her. "AHHHHH!"she screamed taking a pillow and shoving him off. "What do you think your doing?"she said taking a strand of hair and putting it behind her ear.

"OW!"he said putting a hand to his head. "A pillow can hurt you know. I was going to wake you up because the rankings are here!"
nalasimba83

The pain of being alone?

Postby Scars Mate » June 7th, 2014, 8:28 pm

Sebastian and Bella hung about the parlour for the rest of the day, Sebastian tattooing a few people, and Bella watching. Dinner passed quickly, and Jo and Jacob seemed to find it hilarious that Sebastian had a job and they didn't.

"Night," Bella whispered as she lay in bed.

"Night," Sebastian grunted in return.

"Rankings tomorrow," she added.

"I know," he muttered. "Don't have to keep saying it."

"Kay."

"Night."

"Night."

-------

"Get your butt out of bed!" Bella screeched. "You're first!" Sebastian leapt up from bed.

"Say what-"

"You. Ranked. First," Bella repeated, saying each word slowly. "Come see!"

Sebastian got dressed quickly, running late. He got to the training room, where a buzz was going around. As he saw the rankings, one word formed in his head: sh*t. He and Sarah were first. The two Divergents.

"Sarah!" He hissed, grabbing her arms. "We are in trouble." Bella was third- a definite improvement, but Sebastian didn't have time to be glad.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby nalasimba83 » June 7th, 2014, 9:23 pm

Sarah put on some casual clothes since she doubted they were going to do the third simulation today. She quickly slipped on a blue shirt and jeans, letting her hair go. "Dammit,"she said. "Where did my slippers go?"

"No time for that,"Nel replied. "Let's go before the other initiates get there. It's going to get crowded."

"Sh**, I can't go barefoot,"Sarah said scanning around the room for any pair of shoes. Lyndsay tossed her a pair of leather sandals. "Thanks,"she said. "Let's go then." A couple of initiates woke up and formed a circle around the list.

"Ugh, I ranked 8th,"Nel said. He shook his head. "Damn."

"I ranked 5th,"Jackson said scowling.

"7th,"Lyndsay muttered. "I bet I stayed too long."

"How long?"Sarah asked.

"13 minutes."

"Damn,"Sarah said. There was about a 7 minute difference towards their timings. She didn't want to see her ranking yet; she was frankly scared.

"Sarah!"Nel said, he voice was filled with excitement.

"No,"she thought. "Don't you dare say it!"

"You ranked-"He began while putting his finger on the names.

"Oh god no,"she continued, closing her eyes and crossing her fingers.

"Hey you ranked first!"Lyndsay said squealing.

Sarah's eyes shot open,"Oh no this is bad,"she mumbled.Both of them frowned, confused on why she wasn't happy. "No no no, this can't be right." She saw Sebastian grab for her arms and followed him.

"We are in trouble,"he muttered to her.

"Well no [censored] sherlock,"was her initial reaction, but she didn't have time or energy to be sarcastic. "Okay,"she said taking a deep breath. "We can't panic, just..." Then, an idea came into her head. "We need to research the serum, the ingredients and everything." She cracked her knuckles. "Sebastian, pack up we are leaving in 10 minutes." He gave her a confused look. "We're going to head to your faction."
nalasimba83

The pain of being alone?

Postby Scars Mate » June 8th, 2014, 7:43 pm

Sebastian gave Sarah a curt nod before moving quickly over to Bella.

"Hey," he said softly. "I'm leaving, okay? I'll give you the details later." Bella gave him a worried look. "It's about you-know-what." She nodded, giving him a weak smile.

"Don't do anything stupid," she said, but he just snorted in response. He made his way quickly to the dormitory, grabbing a backpack he had, stuffing a change of clothes and some food and water into it.

"I'm ready," he said, creeping up behind Sarah. "If we get caught, let me do the talking. Meredith liked me, I think. I was a good student. She'll understand if I come back. And if they need to know why you're there, I'll just say you were curious, and I didn't really want to come back alone." Sarah nodded. "Let's go."

It wasn't hard to find the train track, and they waited silently until the noise of the trundling train met their ears. "Get ready to jump," he muttered. The train grew closer, clear in the daylight. Sebastian was glad he had a fair amount of food- he hadn't had breakfast. "On the count of three," he said, bracing himself. "One." He took a few steps back. The train was about ten metres away. "Two." He tensed, the train getting nearer. "Three." He threw himself forward, catching the side of the train easily. Sarah leapt in after him.

"Well," he said to aloud. "That wasn't particularly hard. But we have a long journey." He sat down against the side of the train. "So what do we need to do?" He asked.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby nalasimba83 » June 8th, 2014, 10:45 pm

"Well, when we first snuck into the Dauntless Headquarters, Max brought along a map,"she replied. "I don't think we need a map to enter your faction, maybe we need a map to enter the headquarters of your faction."

Sarah looked at her own backpack which was different from the one Sebastian had since it had more supplies with her trying to be a couple of steps ahead. She had packed a spare change of clothes that fitted perfectly in her front zipper, some food, a bottle of water, and supplies that mimicked Luke and Max's bag. She brought along a small flashlight, a hot laser, and she even made her own drugged injection, though not as strong as Max or Luke's. She broke down Alice's pill and mixed it within the original recipe, adding Max' idea of including cough syrup. In the back zipper, she stuffed most of the space with books. Sarah decided if any of them got caught, they could just pick up a book and nobody would question them. Plus, they could just pass time with them.

"Okay, so we have our supplies set,"Sarah said as they passed through other buildings. She thought about the books she packed, again. "Now, on to when somebody questions us." She sighed and turned her head towards him. "I know you want me to let you do all the talking,"she began rolling her eyes. "But, we'll have to split up won't we? It's faster and it had been proven more effective,"Sarah said when she thought about Luke's successful plan of invading the Dauntless headquarters. "Can you tell me a bit more about your faction? That way, I won't have to completely rely on making up some fake tale-although you can say lying is one of my specialties." She knew she could be pretty loose in Sebastian's faction, her simulation chose Erudite as one of her options and she was really smart as well.

She smirked thinking about how Erudite she was. She was also a brilliant student in school, which Sarah decided was one of the reasons her mom noticed she was Divergent right away. If somebody caught her, she would decide to just say she was going to go study on the Erudite faction. She doubted somebody would stop her when she gave such a lame and believable excuse like that. She didn't know, but she felt a weird sort of excitement in visiting Sebastian's faction for the first time.
nalasimba83

The pain of being alone?

PreviousNext

Return to Role Play (OT)