[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Alpha & Omega RP - DGFone & TW (Private) — My Lion King Forum

Alpha & Omega RP - DGFone & TW (Private)

Re: Alpha & Omega RP - DGFone & TW (Private)

Postby TheWhistlerify » March 11th, 2014, 6:19 pm

Kate was slightly surprised by Garth's question. Wasn't he supposed to know the answer to that himself? After a short second of thinking about it she realized that that wasn't necessarily the case. Maybe in the eastern pack things went a little differently when it came to training alphas as to when the training took place. Also, Kate didn't know exactly how old Garth was. As far as she knew, he might have finished his alpha training more than just a few days ago, unlike her. "I just completed alpha school, yes."

She didn't need to look around as the two of them made their way towards the top of the howling rock in order to know that the two of them were being watched by wolves belonging to both packs. "Not really, no..." she said in response to his 2nd question, looking back at him. She had absolute confidence in the training her parents and some of the other alphas had given her. It was this whole feud and the solution she had such a big role in she was worried about. But did Garth share her apprehension? Was he also as uncomfortable by this whole arrangement as she was?

She had no idea why, but she felt like she just had to know the answer. "Actually, I'm not entirely confident about, well... this..." She paused for a short moment, trying to think of how to put what she had to say into words. "You see, I only found out about this whole thing yesterday... I mean, don't be offended or anything, but I'm naturally a little nervous about this whole evening and what is to follow it... We're complete strangers at the end of the day and all of that... You know what I mean, right?"
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Good source of potassium

Nickname(s): TW
Pride Points: 22

Postby DGFone » March 12th, 2014, 3:52 am

Garth smiled at Kate. "Yeah, I know what you mean. I wasn't aware that you only found out so late, but let me tell you, knowing before hand doesn't make much of a difference." Shrugging, the alpha continued. "Knowing that both packs are relying on us to prevent an all out war. Even if this doesn't work out right away, we can't simply back out of it." As he talked, he lead Kate up closer to the top the rock. "So the very least we can do is to at least look like we are getting along, and show the packs that they can do so as well."

He flashed another grin at Kate. "I don't know about you, but I'm really into fitness. So when I get really nervous, I can do so many things to calm myself down..." While other wolves around them were not close enough to hear what he was saying, Garth knew that at least some of them were watching. Time for the trump card. "I do things like rabbit sprints, log lifts..." He began to show off his strength and various moves to Kate, knowing that he was also making quite an impression on the other wolves. "But what really gets me going is..."

Garth hopped to the peak of a local outcrop, and took in a deep breath.

Only to release one of the worst screeches of a howl a wolf can ever do.

Leaping back to Kate, Garth smiled once more. "So, was it uh, good for you?"
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby TheWhistlerify » March 12th, 2014, 4:50 pm

Kate couldn't help but agree with Garth that finding out about her father's idea sooner wouldn't have necessarily made her feel any better about it, but giving it a little more time to sink in certainly wouldn't have made things worse either. "Well, I wouldn't say we weren't getting along." So far, at least the way she saw it, they were getting along well. She knew that Garth was right and that they had to at least look like they were getting along, but she hoped that there would be no need for either of them to spend their entire lives in pretense.

It was too early to come to any conclusion yet because she'd only met Garth a few minutes ago, but she could at least say that things had started started off on the right paw. He appeared to be a nice, well mannered and well trained alpha. Hopefully everything would work out eventually. Perhaps she could also think of a hobby that would help her calm down from time to time. Maybe she could ask her mother what she liked to- On second thought, maybe just trying to improvise would be a better idea.

She realized Garth was preparing to start howling and focused. Now she was simply supposed to join in, right? It couldn't be too complicated... However, when she heard Garth's... "version" of a howl, she froze. And she wasn't the only one, apparently, because after Garth finished howling there was complete silence. All the other wolves had stopped howling as well, and a quick glance confirmed that some of them were even covering their ears. "Uh... It was unbelievable!"

"You know what? I'm going to be right back... I just need some... Uh, water! Yes, some water..." As she slowly walked backwards she didn't pay much attention to where she was going and ended up falling off the rock they were both on, but luckily it wasn't a high fall. "Oops... Uh, excuse me, I'll be back in a flash!" Once she had Garth's "consent", so to speak, she quickly made her way down the howling rock and just kept walking, eventually coming to a stop beneath some fallen long.

What on earth was she thinking? So what if Garth was most likely the worst howler she would ever come across in her life? She and Garth had to show the two packs that getting along was possible and she had just walked away from him after nothing but a short conversation! As embarrassing as howling alongside him was going to be, she knew she had to go back to the howling rock and refrain from doing something as rude as that again. After all, they were getting along better than she'd expected, and it would be a shame for that to be ruined because of something so unimportant.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Good source of potassium

Postby DGFone » March 12th, 2014, 7:16 pm

While Garth was aware that his howl was quite bad, he wasn't expecting such a reaction out of everyone around when he had finally holed. Kate too was very shocked, and was now slowly backing away from him, making up an excuse to get away from him. What was he supposed to do? "Uh, yeah, I'll just uh... stay right here! Don't take too long!" He watched as Kate ran off, hoping that he didn't just blow their chances of uniting the packs with nothing more than a bad howl.

---

Humphrey sat alone near a creek bank, still sulking to himself. Now that he had some time away from Kate and Garth, he still felt rather insulted at being called a coyote. Sure, Garth was bigger than him, but even as an omega, Humphrey wasn't small by any means. Coyote... Barf wouldn't have dared to say that if Humphrey wasn't an omega.

Just then, a loud screech was heard through out the howling rock, and Humphrey winced at the pathetic excuse of a howl. It didn't take long to identify the source. "Ah, the mighty alpha has a few problems I see." To make things even better for him, Humphrey spotted Kate running down the rock. Alone.

Grinning, the omega hopped on top of a log that was in her path and lay down low, where she won't see him. He watched from above as she stopped under the log and looked back up to where Garth was. Her face clearly showed uncertainty about something. No doubt that magnificent howl had something to do with it.

Quickly lowering his head, Humphrey hung upside down from the log as he lowered himself to the same level as Kate. "Hey Kate!"
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby TheWhistlerify » March 12th, 2014, 8:28 pm

Kate let out a sigh and looked up towards the howling rock, where Garth was still waiting for her. There were probably many reasons to not marry another wolf, but she was certain that being bad at howling wasn't one of those reasons, especially with the future of two entire packs on the line. Realizing that she might as well go back so to not turn out even ruder than she already has, she took in a deep breath in order to recollect herself (only to have that all ruined in an instant as Humphrey's face suddenly dropped out of nowhere to just about a few inches from her face).

Letting out a yelp of surprise, she instinctively moved her head away from the Omega. "Humphrey!" This was so typical of him. She honestly couldn't tell what was more ridiculous; his pose or the way his amused, annoying expression looked upside down. "Ugh, what are you even doing up there??" she asked with a frown. For some reason, she really was curious. What reason could a wolf possibly have for lurking on top of some random log instead of participating in the moonlight howl, even if he was weird like Humphrey?
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

Postby DGFone » March 12th, 2014, 10:40 pm

When Kate yelped in surprise, Humphrey pretended to yell as well, just to tease her. He stopped when she frowned at him, but his omega smile didn't disappear. He knew that it would be funny to give Kate a useless answer, but he felt that after being rejected so quickly by her, a bit of omega revenge was at hand. "Just hanging around!" Of course, he was referring to the fact that he was hanging himself off the log, and if there was one thing that alphas did not like, was getting an answer that was entirely correct, and at the same time, entirely useless.

Then, just to top it off, Humphrey played his trump card. "So where's Barf?" Kate glared at him. "I mean, normally wolves don't go down here after a howl..." He grinned wickedly. "Especially not an entire ten minutes into one." He hopped down off the log and landed next to Kate. "I heard Barf is quite a singer. He's a... what do you call it..?"

He thought of the right name to use. "Not a stud... It's a lot like stud, but not it..." He smiled brightly. "A dud! That's what he is!" Humphrey looked at Kate. "He's a dud, isn't he?"

Spoiler: show
I changed the dialog a bit to avoid having to use very short posts just for one line of dialog
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby TheWhistlerify » March 12th, 2014, 11:45 pm

Kate simply rolled her eyes at Humphrey's answer, deciding to just drop the matter rather than push it any further and give the omega the satisfaction, as it was more than obvious that he was enjoying himself. She raised an eyebrow, deciding to give the omega a taste of his own medicine. "Well I suppose the howling expert that's spending the howl here on his own knows everything about what wolves do and don't do during howls." Just because she was a trained Alpha now did not mean that she'd completely forgotten about the arguments they used to have when they were little. "If you say so then you must have spent a lot of howls sitting here and seeing wolves not do that."

Standing up, Kate turned and began to walk away, unintentionally running her tail across Humphrey's muzzle. "And just so you know, Humphrey, Garth is not a dud." She knew he'd most likely follow her, but she didn't care. "You'd be surprised to find that he is, er, strong! And, um, and proud!" she paused for a moment, coming to a stop. Surely there were more things she could say in Garth's defense. "He is also well trained and has a sense of responsibility!" She turned around, seeing the omega standing directly behind her just like she'd expected.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

Postby DGFone » March 13th, 2014, 12:00 am

By now, Humphrey was thoroughly enjoying himself, reveling in the little 'argument' he was having with Kate. But largely, it was because right now, it was almost just like before Kate had left for alpha school, spending time together, and even often arguing over simple things that didn't matter. He was thinking of of a witty reply to Kate's comment as to why a howling expert when he felt her tail brush his nose a she passed.

Humphrey immediately forgot everything he was thinking of as he found himself lost in a sensation of feelings, unable to stop himself from letting out a dreamy grin. "Whoa..." He didn't know if Kate had heard him or not, but now she was busy trying to defend 'Barf', to which Humphrey quickly thought of the best reply.

As soon as Kate turned back towards him, Humphrey was ready. Flashing another trademark omega smile, he sprang to his feet. "Yeah? But can he do this?"

The omega took in a deep breath and lifted his head as he let out a smooth, long howl. It wasn't very loud, but that wasn't the point. It was perfect in pitch and tone, not like that... thing that Humphrey had heard echo around the trees just a little while before. He finished his howl, and Humphrey sat back down, grinning at Kate. "Was he trained to do that in alpha school? Can he do that? Canhecanhecanhe?" The omega almost wanted to laugh at Kate's expression, not knowing that the two of them were no longer alone in their little corner of the forest.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby TheWhistlerify » March 13th, 2014, 12:27 pm

At first Kate didn't really have a clue as to what Humphrey was talking about, but it took her maybe a second or two to realize that the omega was preparing to howl, something which caused her to immediately look around to see if anybody was around to hear it. She was supposed to be howling with Garth, not with another wolf and especially not with an omega. Even if Humphrey was going to simply demonstrate his howl, somebody might get the wrong impression if they were to be seen by anyone, especially by an eastern wolf.

Her train of thoughts regarding all the possible scenarios where the situation would end up taking a bad turn for the worst was cut off when she heard Humphrey's howl. While she's never actually participated in a moonlight howl before and haven't paid much attention to the way other wolves were howling during her conversation with Garth earlier, she couldn't find another word to describe Humphrey's howling other than beautiful. It was almost captivating, in a way.

However, Humphrey returning to his teasing and provoking behavior quickly reminded her just how he could have gotten both of them, and maybe even both packs, into trouble. Luckily, from the looks of it, nobody had heard him. "Have you lost your mind? What if somebody saw us?!" The omega clearly didn't know that she and Garth were getting to know each other because the fate of the two packs depended on it, and she didn't have time to explain it to him either.

"Ugh, look, I have to go back now." she rolled her eyes. "Honestly, you make me so mad that I-" she was interrupted when a small, yet sharp pain suddenly shot through her side, taking her by surprise. Probably another one of those darn mosquitoes. Uh... What was she just about to say? She couldn't remember. Looking back at Humphrey, she giggled. "Hey, you know what? You're kinda cute!"

Spoiler: show
I would have given this post a little more time but I really have to go because I'm meeting up with a few friends from boot camp, and I don't want to keep you waiting for a post so I'll let you take over from here.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

Postby DGFone » March 13th, 2014, 5:44 pm

Humphrey was not expecting Kate to be so mad at him for his howl. All he was doing was teasing her about Bard's inability to howl, but the way she was reacting, it was like he was announcing plans to murder the alpha. Well, it wasn't entirely true, because howling in front of Kate felt great, but still... "Kate, relax! I was only kidding! Alright, alright, I won't do that again, but seriously-"

He stopped when Kate let out a small yelp of pain. "Kate, are you alri-" he again stopped, completely shocked when she giggled, and specifically, what she told him next. He grinned and his ears flattened in embarrassment. "Re-really?" He himself tried not to giggle when Kate rubbed herself against him. As she moved slightly away from him, he stood up proudly and his ears perked up again. "But do you think of my cuteness in a kind of handsome, rugged sort of way? Like a-"

He was interrupted yet again, this time by his own yelp of pain as something sharp poked him in a certain area that was still sore from landing on earlier that night. "Ow! Again with the... ooh, these mosquitoes are getting out of control!"

Humphrey turned his attention back to Kate, but something was off. Since when did the world start spinning, and why were the colors so weird? As a fuzzy, yet warm feeling overtook him, Humphrey said a few things to Kate, and she probably said something back, but he couldn't even remember what. Walking drunkenly towards Kate, he somehow managed to stumble his way over to her just in time before the fuzziness overtook him and he drifted off into a nice deep sleep.

---

With the two wolves out of it, neither of them heard a new voice walk over and say "Alright, looks like a good catch boys. Let's take 'em over to Idaho!"
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

PreviousNext

Return to Role Play (OT)