[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - children of the gods ( percy jackson) — My Lion King Forum

children of the gods ( percy jackson)

children of the gods ( percy jackson)

Postby nalasimba83 » June 17th, 2013, 12:20 am

Plot: after kronos died. We thought it was all over.....
It has returned with a greater force, stronger than ever. Will
The children of the gods be able to stop it?
It comes to one point, fight or prepare to -die.

Cast:
Dark huntress-
Angel
Pheonix
Jason
Others

Nalasimba83-
Penelope
Kerebros
Annabeth
Others

A percy jackson rp
nalasimba83
It's unbearable isn't it?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The pain of being alone?

Nickname(s): Sarah, NS83
Pride Points: 18

Re: children of the gods ( percy jackson)

Postby Dark Huntress » June 17th, 2013, 1:40 am

My giant first post:

Spoiler: show
Angel groaned a little as she hunched over the piece she'd been trying saw in half with a grinder. Her back was sore from leaning over like that and her eyes were tired of staring of the pale sparks that were flying to and fro from her project. She sat back quickly with a yelp as the bolt she'd been working on split in half and flew to opposite sides of the garage with loud double clatters.

"Angel Andromeda Thorpe!"

Angel rubbed her sore elbows, the body parts that had violently collided with the hard concrete, and flinched at her Grandma's shrill call. "Yes?!" she answered in an equally loud voice.

"Your dad called a few minutes ago and said he'd be her in about three-quarters of an hour. Come in and take a shower!-" a pause "-You're all packed, right?!"

Angel shook her head and mouthed 'three-quarters of an hour?! Who even says that?!'. "Yes! I'll be there in a minute!" She sat forward on her knees and dusted the freed piece with a grease-darkest finger. "Lovely," she muttered sarcastically before standing and dusting her stained t-shirt off. "Off to another camp."

She exited the small garage-shed and tramped across the perfectly manicured lawn to the back door of her grandparents' small, flawless suburban house. She stomped her steel-toed work boots off in the utility room and slipped down the hall to the pastel guest room she'd been staying in for the past school year.

Half an hour later, she emerged, milky tan skin squeaky clean and wavy golden hair held back by a headband with feathers hanging on the ends. She'd donned a tan dress with reached nearly to her knees in the middle, then angled up to her upper-thighs at the sides. The bottom hem was fringed, as was an overlapping strip on the top. She had also pulled on a pair of mid-shin high, golden gladiators.

She was struggling with a giant suitcase, a worn army duffel, and a backpack. She finally freed her luggage from the doorway and drug it to the front porch where she dropped it to the ground with a sigh. She produced a makeup bag from the front of her backpack and applied dark-brown eyeliner around her corresponding eyelashes. Her father had told her 'no too dark eyeliner or makeup-you look like a raccoon' and, as he rarely commented on her apparel or limited her wardrobe, she'd obeyed.

Her little prep was cut short by the arrival of her father, Matthew, who pulled up in his little '12, lime green Ford Fiesta. She smiled a little as she'd chosen the car and the sight of it rather made he happy.

She rose and tugged her suitcases down the few front steps, then slung her duffel and backpack across her shoulder and tossed them into the backseat as Matthew tucked her largest bag into the trunk.

"Wow! For a minute I thought it wouldn't fit! I need to teach you how to pack more lightly!" He grinned at Angel and wrapped an arm around her and squeezed. "Good to see you, kiddo!" Angel gave him a flat look in response.

A little bit later, after they'd said good-bye to Angel's grandparents, or Matthew's parents, whichever you prefer, they trundled into the car and drove off. They stopped at Matthew's place for the night quite a while down the road, then got back into the car and kept driving. It wasn't too late when they reached their destination, only 10 or 11 in the morning.

"Camp Half-blood?" she wondered quietly to herself as they turned at the sign.

"Hmm?"

"Nothing."

She pushed the car open and stepped out, long, legs showing under a denim miniskirt. She tugged on her layered tanks and slung her duffel bag and backpack across her shoulders. Her dad pulled her suitcase out of the back and slammed the trunk door shut.

"Well," he said, rubbing the back of his muscled neck.

Angel took her suitcase from her grasp,"I got it. Go on." She made a shooing gesture with her hand. Matthew complied, albeit seemingly rather unwillingly, and pulled out a few minutes later. Angel looked up at the house in front of her and sighed heavily. She struggled with her suitcase, finally managing to yank it onto the porch, and was about to knock on the front door when voices drifted towards her from the back of the wraparound porch. She pulled her bag over towards the source of the mysterious sounds and was met with the sight of a rather child-faced man in an interesting, animal print shirt.

"Um," she knocked on the side of the house. "I'm here for the camp. Or whatever."

The man gave her an unimpressed look. "Most kids are," he mumbled.

Angel sighed. I detest people like this, she thought irritatedly.

"Who is your god-parent?"

"My what?" she questioned.

The man looked up at her, giving her a look as if she were insane. "Your god-parent. You know, the immortal one!" He shook his head in disbelief.

"H-how do you know about my mother?" she stuttered.

"It's Camp Half-blood-I think the name explains it all! Now who is she?"

Angel shook her head to clear away her surprise. "I don't know," she replied, "My dad never talks about her. All he folded me was she was a goddess." She shrugged.

The man sighed. "I hate these-they always cause problems," he muttered then beckoned to a sandy-haired teenager playing volleyball with a few more kids his age. "Jason! Come here!"

The boy obeyed, abandoning his game to jog over to the porch. He darted up the stairs and stood panting a little ways off from both Angel and the man. "Yeah?" he asked, running an inspective, brown-eyed gaze over Angel.

"Take-," the man paused mid-sentence and looked at her.

"Angel, Angel Thorpe."

"Take her to Hermes' cabin, she's another unknown."

Jason nodded and gently tugged Angel's suitcase out of her grasp. "Hey! I can-," she cut off as he started to walk away without acknowledgement. She gave the other man another look before re-shouldering her duffel and backpack and following him.

"Hey! I can get it!" she exclaimed, then reached for her suitcase. He held it up over his head and tilted it away from her as he gave her a playful smile. The pure cuteness off his smile rather caught her off guard and she let the controversy rest.

"So," he rested the suitcase back on the ground,"where are you from?"

"North Carolina. I guess."

"You don't know where you live? he laughed.

"I do," she flicked him an annoyed sideways glance,"it's just complicated."

"It's always complicated." After Jason's enigmatic statement, they fell to silence. As they approached the twelve cabins, they were joined by another boy. This one had brown hair with a multitude of dark red highlights parted on the left and swept over in a rather boring, gentleman-like manner, though it waved at his left temple in an adorable way. He was about an inch shorter than Jason who looked to be almost 6' tall, with a much sturdier, more muscled build than the athletic boy's.

"Pheonix," Jason greeted him," can you take Angel to Hermes' cabin? Chiron wanted to help someone, or something. You know."

Pheonix nodded,"Yeah, sure."

"Good! Angel, this is Pheonix, son of Ares. Pheonix, this is Angel."

Angel and Pheonix exchanged nods and suspicious glances then Pheonix took her suitcase from Jason an hoisted it onto his broad shoulders, making Angel cringe. As Jason hurried off, Angel walked by Pheonix to a nice cabin with a caduceus poised precariously over the doorway. Pheonix set her bag down in an unoccupied corner before standing back and leaning against the wall to watch her.

She unzipped he suitcase and began arranging her sleeping bag and luggage to maximum comfort. A moment of Pheonix watching her, dark eyes following her movements, caused to pause and look up at him. "Stop staring at me! It's starting to creep me out!"

"Sorry," Pheonix apologized softly and exited the cabin.

Angel watched him leave, feeling a pang of guilt then sighed and continued her work. She finished up in a few minutes then stretched and moved to stand in the doorway, bi-colored eyes flicking over the empty courtyard and the other cabins. She sighed heavily and exited. As she passed a cabin with a boar's head over the doorway, she stepped into a girl's way.

"I'm sorry!" she apologized, not really feeling sorry so much as feeling as if she should apologized.

[there's your cue, lol]
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Shall put on Immortality....

Nickname(s): TJ, DH, et cetera
Pride Points: 22

Postby nalasimba83 » June 17th, 2013, 2:21 am

She stumbled upon a tough looking dark haired girl.

"Watch it wimp,"she yelled.

Her dull brown eyes shot into a fiery red color, they were actually on fire. She dug into her leather jacket and pulled out a violent looking dagger grasping it by the edge as if waiting to strike. She noticed Angel clutching a bright yellow bangle and muttering under her breath as if speaking another language. The odd thing was, she could understand it perfectly.

"What did you just..call me?

She was so going to whip her down. Penelope was the best fighter in the camp, and most guys were over her. The girl let go of her dagger edge and pulled it further to reveal the sharp blade. She was ready to fight. Angel looked as if she was trying to avoid a fight with her. Angel nervously started rubbing her bangle more rapidly and the girl already had her dagger, ready to strike.
Last edited by nalasimba83 on December 23rd, 2013, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nalasimba83

The pain of being alone?

Postby Dark Huntress » June 17th, 2013, 2:35 am

With a yellow blur, she sent the bangle falling to the ground with the flick of her narrow wrist. She moved forward to strike as the girl's eyes darted downwards, but was stopped by a strong arm.

"Hey! Penny, Angel!"

She was annoyed to find herself separated from the other girl by Jason. His brown eyes danced from Angel to th other girl. "Seriously, guys!" He shook his head. "Penelope, she's been here fifteen minutes, cut her some slack. Angel-" he stopped as he turned to the golden-haired girl"-just...don't."

Angel's grey eyes cut at Penelope, the yellow ring around her pupils branching further outward, and she uttered a low, threatening growl. She turned, hoping to escape before the illogical side of her furthered the violence. She jumped a little as she came face to face with Pheonix. "Goodness, you scared me!" Penelope chuckled quietly behind her.

Pheonix knelt and picked up her bangle. "Here," he said softly, offering it to her. She snatched it out of his hand. He rolled his eyes at her and turned to the other girl. "Another fight, Penelope? At least this time she was going to go head to head with you."
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby nalasimba83 » June 17th, 2013, 7:40 pm

Penelope raised an eyebrow and shrugged looking at her dagger pleasingly.

"You can definitely work on it. I don't blame you, it's your first time. Btw, wrong person to pick a fight with,"she exclaimed. She held out her hand and looked at Angel."I'm Penelope, daughter of Ares. Angel having a goddess as her mother took deep interest in any knowledge. She remembered her father say something about Ares being a war god. "Unknown huh?" She asked. "Let's hope that your not one of those prissy cats, those annoy me so much. I'd take them out if someone allowed me too..." Penelope said,looking at Phoenix.
Last edited by nalasimba83 on December 23rd, 2013, 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nalasimba83

The pain of being alone?

Postby Dark Huntress » June 19th, 2013, 4:13 am

I seriously doubt it, Angel thought, not so much hoping or not wanting to not be a daughter of Ares. There was just...doubt, besides the obvious fact that her immortal parent was female. She didn't feel so pugnacious or irascible. She gave Penelope a small, amused smile. "My father is a mortal..." Without closing her eyes, she prayed silently to her mother to claim her daughter.

"If she were one of us she would've sucker-punched Jason," Pheonix muttered, elicited amused looks from the girls and a sharp look from Jason.

"I don't think she's like that," Jason said softly.

"She isn't, but if she were my sister...," Pheonix grinned wolfishly. "We'll just say you'd be lying in the dust with two girls pounding you to Demi-god dust. Angel hid a laugh; these were some funny boys! Jason flicked a look at Pheonix and shook his head.

"Let's go introduce our new camper to Chiron," he suggested, starting to walk off already.

Pheonix smiled as he followed Angel and Penelope as they tagged along behind Jason. "Itty-bitty, super fine Jason dust," he whispered. They both instantly choked with laughter.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby nalasimba83 » June 19th, 2013, 5:57 am

They were inside a little familiar hill where a man/horse/unicorn stood. Angel muttered to herself quietly mentioning something about a centaur. Penelope started to eye Angel,"Ok, enough with those facts...please"
Pheonix motioned for them and made way for Chiron.

"We had quite a few new people. She's one of them, we were supposed to meet them. So we...met them."

Chiron walked toward Angel in a prideful manner and smiled. "Yes,"he said winking at Penelope half way.

"Well, we showed her the Ares cabin, does that count?"she asked with a wavering smile.
Chiron let out a quick laugh, " Show her around if she likes. I don't remember her, but an old man like me." Penelope tapped the sleeve of Angel's shirt,"Come on lets show you around. We can get to the cabin's last."
Last edited by nalasimba83 on December 23rd, 2013, 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nalasimba83

The pain of being alone?

Postby Dark Huntress » June 19th, 2013, 4:24 pm

"Okay, sounds good," Angel answered, following Penelope as the dark girl led her away from the boys, whom she observed were grinning innocently at Chiron. "I take it they aren't taking part in the tour?" she asked, indicating the two boys.

Her eyebrows rose as they approached several large fields full of growing fruit plants and satires. "Wow," she mumbled. "I knew they weren't myths." She'd believed in the strange creatures of the Greeks' myths, even before her father'd told her about her mother. "So...," she began, attempting to start a conversation,"how do parents claim their children?" She'd figured 'Hey, why not ask something I really want to know?'. She turned to Penelope and gave the girl a shy smile.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby nalasimba83 » June 21st, 2013, 10:37 pm

"Training, which is what you will start doing shortly. It is easy to figure out your not one of the 'Big Three. You'll have to show a little more skill than that-no offense,'"Penelope replied as they headed out to the lake.

In front of them were little blue and green creatures, flipping their hair and giggling as some campers started chatting alongside with them.

"Nymphs,"she muttered with a sense of disgust on her face.

They started stopping when a red horn blew by Chiron, even Penelope was frozen with her jaw hanging wide open."We can hurry up with this tour,"she said with a sly smile spreading across her face. "I can't believe we are doing this! It has been ages since a good game begun. Follow me and pick out your weapon, Chiron will be announcing the teams shortly. I'll always kill them"With Angel looking confused, they headed out to a hill where dozens of campers were picking out armor and weapon anxiously, all except those campers on the lake who continued chatting with the nymphs.
Last edited by nalasimba83 on December 23rd, 2013, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nalasimba83

The pain of being alone?

Postby Dark Huntress » June 21st, 2013, 11:41 pm

Angel followed and examined the weapons and armies laid out. She selected lightly-padding leather armor, that way she wouldn't be weighed down and she could maneuver, and a long spear. She wasn't sure why she'd chosen the spear, but it just appealed to her. She chose a round buckler as well and buckled the straps around her thin yet well-muscled forearms inside. She shook her glossy hair out, remembering that Greek and Roman helmets often blocked off crucial peripheral sight. She gripped and regrouped the spear in her hand as she tried to recall everything she'd read in a book about hand-to-hand warfare.

"Whatcha thinking about?" Penelope asked she pulled a breastplate of her own on.

Angel shrugged. "Just trying to remember something I read," she replied.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Next

Return to Role Play (OT)