[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - The Riders' Rebellion (Scarsmate and DH) — My Lion King Forum

The Riders' Rebellion (Scarsmate and DH)

Re: The Riders' Rebellion (Scarsmate and DH)

Postby Scars Mate » April 27th, 2014, 11:36 am

Rivera chuckled gently at Rhinnëa. She sighed deeply, stretching her arms back slightly as she realised how tired she was.

"Okay," she said softly. "I'm going now." She extracted herself from Zaq's grip, darting under his arm. After straightening up and yawning, she glance up; it wasn't too late at night, but it was longer than she realised she'd been outside.

She turned back towards him, her hands fiddling uncomfortably with the stupid neckline of her shirt, which all of a sudden seemed ridiculously tight.

"Well, uh, goodnight." She turned and started off to the house, but knew she wouldn't get far.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Whatever :3
Pride Points: 44

Postby Dark Huntress » May 18th, 2014, 1:01 am

"Goodnight, Rivera." Zaq's voice adopted an amused tone as he observed he flustered state. With two long strides, he was beside her, kissing her again, and strolling towards the house again, whistling a Surdan tune.

*£*

Eyulf groaned a little as a high-pitched sound reached his ears. The idiot that was his roommate was whistling at the highest frequency he could and grinning like a mental person. He growled. Imbecile, he muttered as he rolled over, smiling a little as the scrabbling of Rhinnëa trying to restore order to her bedroom floated through the walls. Silly elf.

*£*

"Okay," Rhinnëa sighed, stepping away from the bed. "Doesn't look like anything weird went on. And nothing did." Except when he...NO! Never happened. She turned expectantly towards the door as it creaked, emerald eyes widening.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Shall put on Immortality....

Nickname(s): TJ, DH, et cetera
Pride Points: 22

Postby Scars Mate » May 18th, 2014, 11:17 am

"He kissed me!" Rivera squealed as she entered, flopping down on the bed. "And I mean properly kissed me. I can't even remember how many times," she added as an afterthought. She side, a smile plastered on her face that just wouldn't go. The whole house probably knew by know, but that strangely didn't bother her.

"Kudos!" Someone in the house called. It could have been anyone; Rivera was too giddy to focus on their voice. It could have even been Zaq, but Nellas was far more likely. Rivera glanced around the room, then looked back up at Rhinnëa.

"And what exactly have you been doing?" She asked with a laugh. She eyed her friends clothing with a grin.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby Dark Huntress » May 18th, 2014, 4:41 pm

Rhinnëa shared a smile with her friend, one that quickly gave way to pinked cheeks. "We were having a pillow fight," she replied aloofly, shovin her nose in the air.

I won, Eyulf smugly put in from the other room.

"Did not!"

Did too! You kicked me out and therefore forfeited.

"One minute." Rhinnëa rose quickly, grabbed her pillow and marched out the door only to come running in a moment later and locking the door. "There. I won." She reseated herself. So, how was it?
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Scars Mate » May 18th, 2014, 5:24 pm

Rivera laughed, trying to suppress a smile. "It was, uh different." She paused. "I can't really judge anything about it, I guess, seeing as I've never really kissed anyone before. I'm not sure-" there was a slightly embarrassed silence. "I'm not sure how I did, because, y'know, I have a lack of experience." Her cheeks were flaming, but she couldn't fight the grin that found its place dimly on her face.

What happened, little one? Lyrea asked, making Rivera jump about two feet in the air.

Nothing! She replied, to both Gweir and her own dragon. Of course, the two of them were linked mentally. I'll tell you later.

I already know, Lyrea said superiorly.

So why did you ask? Rivera muttered, but the connection had been severed. Good night, she said sarcastically, to empty space.

She lay down beside Rhinnëa on the bed, staring up at the ceiling. "I'm exhausted," she said after a while. "Who knew this stuff was so hard?"
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby Dark Huntress » May 20th, 2014, 5:37 pm

"Of course it's exhausting," Rhinnra replied, laying down like her friend. "You have to like them an accept them and know things about them and then stop yourself when things go to far." She dismissively waved her hand, "Why do you think I don't want to bother with all of it?"

Because you're scared, Gweir offered.

Rhinnëa snorted. "I'm not afraid of dying, why would I be afraid of liking someone." Burrowing under the covers she grinne at her friend. "Okay, you might be able to sleep, but I am and I love you and all, but..." She snuggled into her pillows.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Scars Mate » May 20th, 2014, 6:02 pm

Rivera grinned at her friend. Maybe I was going a little fast for my taste, she thought to herself.

Do what you feel comfortable with, Lyrea murmured.

Mind your own- oh, whatever. Goodnight. Rivera let out a sigh, curling up next to Rhinnëa, screwing her eyes shut.

"Night," she said to Rhinnëa. "Oh- and if Zaq asks where I am tomorrow, do me a favour and say you don't know." She whispered the last bit. At her friends uncomprehending look, she felt compelled to explain. "One must preserve mystery in ones relationship," she said in a posh voice, then laughed. "Nah, I just have some errands to run. Probably better if I do them alone. And maybe make the village no-so-scared of the dragons. But that comes later." She turned on her side, waiting for sleep to come.

What are you going to do? Lyrea asked.

Stuff. You'll see, she added evasively.

I'll find out tomorrow, you know.

Exactly. Lyrea let out a resigned sigh mentally in response.

Good night.

Good night.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby Dark Huntress » October 4th, 2014, 10:43 am

True to the conversation that barely peeked through Rhinnëa's morning haze, Rivera wasn't in the cabin when she awoke and gave a great yawn. She sat immobile for a moment, blinking out the window, before swinging her long legs over the side of the bed and stretching towards the ceiling. "Mffffh!" She groaned and tossed her hair over her shoulder before pulling her black garments on.

"I will take a bath before we leave this place," she promised herself, feeling too lazy to complete the task at present. She wove her hair into a complicated braid that formed several ropes across the front and back of her head before combining into one, thick long braid.

She stomped on her boots and splashed water from a basin that was extremely cold from the night on her elfin face then patted it dry. Thus prepared, she ventured down the hall and stairs to the kitchen.

From the window there she could see the girls splashing each other with water from the well and laughingly chasing each other whilst Zaq and Eyulf watched from lazy perches on the fence. Zaq had a golden brow raised, hidden amusement emanating from his currently unguarded conscience, and Eyulf's brown eyes watched the girl's movements with canine interest.

"What a pretty picture," she murmured to herself sarcastically, her brain unable to comprehend the words unless it heard them out loud.

Good morning, Fair One. A large thunder-cloud grey eye lowered to the window and Rhinnëa cocked an angled pale brow.

"Are mornings ever good?" She asked dryly, folding arms over her chest. Gweir rumbled his amusement, then swung his head away from the window to greet his onyx approacher. "Where are you Rivera?" Rhinnëa grumbled, "I don't want to talk to Zaq."

Her usual grace a little lacking, she slipped outside. Nearly immediately, eyes like a churning green sea latched onto hers. "Where's Rivera?"

She shrugged her narrow shoulders, "I don't know." But I hope she gets back soon, she added as eye contact with Eyulf's dark eyes gave her stomach a strange flutter, things are weird.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Scars Mate » October 25th, 2014, 8:33 pm

Rivera woke early in the morning, the sun's dawn rays only just filtering through the window.

Morning, she whispered to Lyrea.

Hmm, her dragon replied, causing a small smile to tug at the corner of Rivera's mouth. Of course she was tired.

Yanking on her faithful black boots, leather pants and a modest red tunic, Rivera briefly ran over her plan. Avoiding Zaq wasn't required, but it did make it easier. She didn't need any distractions.

Padding out of the house with cat-like grace, Rivera set off on the short trek to the village, relishing the cool air against her bare skin, and the heavy silence that surrounded her. She could have easily stayed where she was, wrapped in blissful peace after her hectic few days, but steeled herself. She was intending to befriend the villagers, and that was hardly going to be easy.

As the village came into view, her eyes flitted over it. It was quaint, and home like, but to a well-trained eye it was clearly prepared for war. Hidden weapons littered the city, tucked under porches and in barns. They knew of their tyrannical leader. The roads were crooked and narrow, but homely. Nothing like the elven places Rivera was so used to.

A small child ran out in front of her, stopping dead still the moment his eyes met hers. Perfect.

"Hey," she said softly, kneeling down. She held a hand out. "I'm Rivera." The boy eyed her tentatively, before stepping forward to grab her hand. He couldn't have been more than four or five. Oh, the sweet innocence of youth, she thought, some how un ironically.

"I'm Jasi," he said, smiling broadly, showing a missing tooth.

"Nice to meet you," Rivera, smiling back. She glanced around, before saying, "Would you like to meet a dragon?"

Jasi's eyes lit up, and he nodded his head so exuberantly Rivera actually thought it would fall off.

"Come with me," she said, gesturing to her. "Have you any friends who are up?"

A few minuted later, Rivera was circled by about two dozen excited children, ages ranging from about three to fourteen. She was sure her plan would work; leading the children to neutral ground, right between their little cottage and the bulk of the village, she called Lyrea.

Let's show them what we're actually like.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby Dark Huntress » November 20th, 2014, 11:26 pm

Rhinnea snapped her head to watch Lyrea take flight, then bounded after her after sharing a quickly glance with Gweir. Finding Rivera surrounded by a small crowd of children was a surprise. A pleasant one though. Even though she was still nearly a child, she treasured youth as her race did. Casting Rivera a curious glance, she beamed at a very small girl holding the hand of her older sister, a pretty girl in the throes of womanhood.

The little girl hid behind the skirts of her sister and firmly ticked her thumb into her little rosebud mouth as she silently observed the large dragons with childish curiousity. Her emotions, unhindered and gentle in nature fairly radiated from her unguarded mind. Oh, if only the world could trust as the young child does.

Many of the other children had more adult minds, guarded, suspicious, and cautious. Especially the little girls companion, who met Rhinnea's gaze with a mixture of trepidation and courage in her violet eyes. Rhinnëa sighed sadly. Adults were ever the corrupters of innocence. Kneeling, she beckon for the young child to come to her, making sure to exude calm and welcoming emotion. Children were much better at sensing the emotions of others simply because they allowed mental interaction.

A mere moment of shyness passed before she approached Rhinnëa, eyes clear and observant. 'Aw oo a pinecess?' She mumbled around her thumb, which remained in her mouth. A moment passed as Rhinnëa deciphered the childish question.

She laughed lightly, 'No. I'm not a princess.'

The child blinked slowly in response. She obviously didn't believe her. 'See, I'm an elf,' Rhinnëa moved the little girls fingers to touch her refined features and tapered ears, 'elves do not have princesses.' She smiled.

'Lyssa,' the elder girl hissed suddenly, 'come away from them.'

Lyssa annoyed her and squeezed into Rhinnëa's lap. Eyes wide she asked, 'What is your name?' She'd even removed her thumb.

Rhinnëa bundled her into her arms as she rose and face Gweir, 'My name is Rhinnëa, and this is my friend, Gweir.' Gweir blew a gentle puff of smoke on Lyssa and Rhinnëa smiled softly. 'Rivera and Lyrea are also my friends. Rivera is a Rider too.'

'Why aren't the dragons Riders?' The little girl's [i]r[i]'s were a bit distorted, but she held amazing pronunciation and understanding, especially for a human.

'Well, dearest, if the dragons were Riders, there would be nothing big enough for them to ride.'
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

PreviousNext

Return to Role Play (OT)