[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - The Riders' Rebellion (Scarsmate and DH) — My Lion King Forum

The Riders' Rebellion (Scarsmate and DH)

Re: The Riders' Rebellion (Scarsmate and DH)

Postby Scars Mate » January 24th, 2015, 10:18 am

Rivera's cheeks flamed red, although not solely from Rhinnëa's intrusion.

'Well,' she said awkwardly, attempting to extract herself from Zaq's arms. 'I- uh-' she gave up when she realised he wasn't letting go, instead resigning herself to stay there. Not that she minded.

'Well,' she tried again, clearing her throat. 'I'm glad we've sorted that out.' Glancing around, she tried to focus her attention on anything but Zaq, and failing miserably.

This, she thought. This is exactly a why I didn't want him to come.

After another few seconds, she let her head fall forward onto his chest, relishing the heat and proximity. It was try that elves weren't what you'd call 'touchy' beings, but Rivera had decided, against her better judgement, to be human for a while.

'So,' she whispered conspiratorially, 'what now?'
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Whatever :3
Pride Points: 44

Postby Dark Huntress » January 24th, 2015, 3:39 pm

Zaq rested his chin I'm her inky hair. "We talk sense into these people, somehow amass an army, and dethrone the King." He was.met with a rather scratching glare. "Oh. You mean us." He turned a deep ruddy color. "Well just continue to fight and bicker like an old couple," he winked at her. "Simple, right?"

He draped an arm over her shoulder and guided her out of the pantry. "For Rhinnëa's peace of mind," he whispered teasingly. Rhinnëa glanced up from where she was writing diligently, colored, and look back down intently. "She is a little prudish." He laughed softly, "Do you know where are sisters are? No doubt terrorizing the village. Or the pantry."
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Shall put on Immortality....

Nickname(s): TJ, DH, et cetera
Pride Points: 22

Postby Scars Mate » January 24th, 2015, 4:52 pm

'Hmm.' Rivera paused. 'I'm not sure where they are. Last time I checked-'

'Hey!' Nellas bounded around the corner, still in the rumpled clothes which she'd spent the day sleeping in, towing Eldárwen along behind her. Eldárwen flashed both Zaq and Rivera an apologetic glance before the two girls disappeared into the labyrinth that was the pantry.

'They've gone for the food,' Rivera said ruefully, answering her own question. 'Too bad I ate most of the good stuff.' She gave Zaq a sheepish grin, before winking at Rhinnëa with a sorry smile.

Sorry you had to witness that abomination, she teased her friend, although under her bravado there was genuine apology. To be fair, we had been alone.

'And yeah,' Rivera said, turning to Zaq. 'Yeah, it's simple.'
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby Dark Huntress » January 25th, 2015, 5:19 am

"Of course it is," he grinned wolfishly, "its getting along that's the trouble." He jabbed his hands into his pockets and sauntered off, whistling a jaunty Surdan tune.

Rhinnëa stepped to stand by Rivera, eyeing his departure in the same manner a cat might eye a retreating dog. "Yes, you were indeed alone." She raised a brow suggestively and smirked, "You seemed to making good use of your isolation too." Her smutty implication was accompanied by an amused smirk.

"Who was making good use of isolation?" Eyulf asked, dropping a shiny dragon saddle on the floor in front of Rhinnëa.

"Rivera and - what is that?" She glanced from her saddle to Eyulf, "That's mine. It smells weird." She sniffed in cautiously as she picked the large, polished leather device up. "Its...clean."

"Yes, you're welcome." He executed a truly noble, if not slightly satirical, bow and strode off after Zaq, leaving Rhinnëa frowning and looking questioningly from the saddle to Eyulf's back to Rivera.

"Anyway... so is there peace between the nations?" She asked teasingly over the saddle she held in her hands.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Scars Mate » January 25th, 2015, 12:28 pm

Rivera blushed lightly. There had been a lot of that recently, and it was beginning to annoy her.

'I suppose,' she said airily. 'And what about you? You're saddle is, um, very clean now.' She gave it a funny look. 'I wonder how long it took.' She gave Rhinnëa a knowing look. 'Must have been hard. Look at how well it's been done! Every tiny little crevice!' She was stifling raucous laughter by this point. 'Someone who really likes you.' She was grinning from ear to ear, not trying to cover it up.

She didn't dare look up as she uttered the next sentence. 'Maybe you could you some isolation too?' Her mouth quirked up endearingly, but it was a wicked smile too.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby Dark Huntress » January 25th, 2015, 5:37 pm

Rhinnëa's cheeks burned fiery red. "Yes...," she said slowly examining her saddle. "It is very clean... it must've taken all of this morning when were gone and when we came back. Hmm." She lovingly smoothed the flawless leather, face soft as she murmured, "A friend helped me make this." She gave Rivera a crooked smile then narrowed her eyes.

"He ... ah. I have no idea what to say....besides we need no isolation.... " She cleared her throat a little and shifted uncomfortably.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Scars Mate » January 25th, 2015, 6:06 pm

Rivera flashed Rhinnëa a grin.

'Suuuuure. I'll be sure to get in the way at every opportunity then, just like you do for me.' She winked, letting out an unexpected laugh. Clearing her throat and shaking back strands of hair that had fallen into her face, she changed tact.

'So what is the actual plan? I mean, so we go meet their leader? Ask for supplies? Rally their troops?' The last part was sarcastic; she had seen the town, how small it was. There was no defences. All the more reason to help them, she told herself. 'But seriously. What's our aim? We've gained their trust, so we build on that?'
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby Dark Huntress » January 25th, 2015, 6:36 pm

Rhinnëa chuckled at Rivera's comment. She did seem to have a way of interrupting their alone time. Which was probably for the best. Time was of the essence and they needed to resolve this soon. The sooner they amassed some influence or an army then the better, but once they has a force then they had only a short window of time to march and retain some element of surprise.

"This town is smaller than I expected, " Rhinnëa lamented. "We need something else. Some sort of edge or ... the Name?" She whispered it softly, casting a tentative glance at Rivera. "If we had it, the King would be rendered obsolete. His people hate him, he holds little power besides his magic, and no more blood than would be necessary would be shed."
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Scars Mate » January 25th, 2015, 8:04 pm

Rivera grimaced. 'That's a good enough plan, but... How? I mean, I don't even know my own,' she joked. Should I know my own name? she speculated. It didn't really matter; not right now. Especially going up against the king.

'Do you think he even knows it?' Rivera asked after a while. 'I mean, he might, given how powerful he is, but then again...' She sighed. 'Where should we go? To him? Or travel around, amass our own forces?' I wish the way was clear, she vented to no one in particular. Lyrea was too far away to hear, or at least Rivera supposed she was. '

What do you think?' She asked Rhinnëa, looking at her friend. 'We have to make some form of a decision,' she added wilfully.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby Dark Huntress » January 25th, 2015, 10:46 pm

Rhinnëa raised her chin, expression speculative. "I think," she said sagely, "we need the advice and knowledge of elders." Her brow furrowed.

Fair One, to go that close to the King is suicide, Gweir warned, breaking into her thoughts.

She glared at him. Yes, its dangerous. But we have little choice...and even less of a chance. Especially without the advantage of the Name, Gweir. I'm a Rider, you chose me to help you guard Algaesia. So let me fight for it. He grew silent, his resignation prominent, and Rhinnëa turned to Rivera. "The Eldunari should know the Name. They will never have told him and they are stronger than he so he could not have broken them. Many were present at the fall of Galbatorix, they ought to know... They were within the confidences of Eregon and Saphira.

"Now, to free at least one of them would be difficult, but we wouldn't need to manforce required for a traditional attack. Perhaps four men at most, mainly for sentries and guards. You and I would be the ones to reach the interior of the Palace. They would.only speak to us. And we could ask for volunteers from the town and they would be more likely to sanction a much smaller suicide than a large one."

She caught Rivera's eye. "Do you think we would have a chance?"
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

PreviousNext

Return to Role Play (OT)