[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - The Riders' Rebellion (Scarsmate and DH) — My Lion King Forum

The Riders' Rebellion (Scarsmate and DH)

Re: The Riders' Rebellion (Scarsmate and DH)

Postby Scars Mate » November 22nd, 2014, 1:44 pm

Rivera smiled genially over at Rhinnëa, before turning to several of the other children. After seeing a young girl- Lyssa- go near an elf, they all fell into suit, crowding closer around Rivera and Lyrea.

The older ones will not be outdone by the smaller ones, Lyrea said knowledgeably, signing to the older children who pushed forward, past the younger ones, determined not to be seen as a wuss.

Rivera laughed. She loved children, not in the stereotypical way elves did- their laughter made her heart lighter, the camaraderie reminded her of herself and Nellas, and their trusting nature made her ache- she didn't love them for their rarity. Eyeing Rhinnëa, she didn't think she did either.

Lyrea bent down, he great eyes level with the eldest child's. He was about 14, but could have been older; ages were difficult for Rivera. He swallowed hard, steeling himself, before cringing as he reached out to touch the black scales before him. After a few seconds, he relaxed, and let out a barking laugh.

'It's fine!' He called, grinning from ear to ear. The children surged forward at that, finally gaining approval from their 'leader', giggling and cooing around not only Lyrea but Gweir too. Rivera let out a laugh herself, and for a fleeting moment felt freer than she had in years.

'Guess that worked out, then,' a quiet voice commented from her side. Rivera glanced around to see Eldárwen standing next to her, arm crossed and a bemused expression on her face. 'Nellas is sleeping,' she added, raising an eyebrow.

'Of course she is,' Rivera replied, sighing. 'Oh well,' she amended, 'She deserves it.'

Unaware of the growing number of people joining them, Rivera watched the sun rise fully. Even the grown ups were now joining them, surprisingly the oldest, frailest reaching the dragons first, even having small conversations with them about the most trivial things, like what it was like to be ridden, and how many spells there were.

I told you it would work, Lyrea said, but without a hint of smugness present.

It was my idea, grumbled Rivera. She turned and walked cautiously over to Rhinnëa.

'You didn't tell Zaq anything, did you?' She asked, brows knitting together.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Whatever :3
Pride Points: 44

Postby Dark Huntress » December 25th, 2014, 8:51 pm

Rhinnëa arched a silken brow in derision. "Of course not," she scoffed. "I don't recall knowing anything of import. Besides he's not overly nosy, your rebel." She sniffed in affectated disdain and bounded upon Gweir's back.

Dragon's were rather blinded by pride, a great failing of theirs, and one that caused them to be not so wary as they should in circumstances as these. Rhinnëa, however, was increasingly suspicious in hordes and, one may even go so far, as to call her jumpy. She preferred highstrung. Nevertheless, she was not rendered overjoyed by the appearance of the elder. Guiliess children were one thing, fearful adults quite another.

They didn't seem fearful, though. Of the dragons. They seemed to eye the strangely colored hybrid and lofty elf with apprehension, but nothing more dangerous, and they didn't even observe with Eldarwén and Eyulf silently infiltrated their ranks.

Sensing the uneasiness of Rhinnëa, Eyulf reached for her and, when she'd cautiously put her slender hand in his, pulled her down off of her chosen refuge. The only way to ever conquer fear is to face it, he teased her silently.

I am not afraid, came her indignant reply.

Oh?

Yes, I'm uncomfortable! She tilted her chin regally and stalked towards Rivera.
Last edited by Dark Huntress on January 24th, 2015, 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Shall put on Immortality....

Nickname(s): TJ, DH, et cetera
Pride Points: 22

Postby Scars Mate » December 29th, 2014, 6:26 pm

'Very well put,' Rivera said to Rhinnëa as she came over, the barest hint of a smile playing on her lips. She couldn't lie; it was funny to watch her friend interact with Eyulf, not in a nasty way, but merely because they bounced lightly off one another. It honestly reminded her of herself and Zaq, minus the murderous-hybrid hiccup, which fortunately hadn't come up in conversation. Rivera found herself yearning for Zaq now, and secretly wishing she hadn't insisted he didn't come. Of course she knew it was for the best; she hadn't been distracted from her task, and instead had gained most of the villager's trust instead of playing with her sweetheart.

Sweetheart? Lyrea asked, deeply amused.

What do you want me to call him? Rivera replied sharply, only making Lyrea laugh.

I mean no insult. I know there are plenty of names for the likes of you two, she replied airily. Rivera cursed internally, but otherwise let the subject drop.

'So, um, what do we do now?' She asked, turning to Rhinnëa. 'Who do we need to talk to? Their leader? I haven't seen anyone yet.' She glanced around at the crowd, the tall and the short, old and young, but nothing came to her. 'Do we just stand here?' She asked, slightly apprehensive.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby Dark Huntress » January 11th, 2015, 11:22 pm

"I have no idea," Rhinnëa replied, turning away from Eyulf. "I seem to recall this being your plan. Perhaps we should return to our abode and wait for contact to be established. They will have heard about this and know that we have at least gained the crowd's trust, if not their support."

Eyulf smirked, dimpling attractively. "I think I'm sensing a bit of impatience to leave the crowd, eh, Rivera?"

Hands planted on her hips, Rhinnëa lit into him. "I simply see no reason to linger overlong and create a lull in duties that need to be seen to by them and us..." She tilted her head elegantly towards Rivera, "Like recovering Zaq and figuring out what we should do." She shrugged and patted Gweir's neck, "C'mon. Lets go."
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Scars Mate » January 12th, 2015, 8:04 pm

'Fair enough,' muttered Rivera, shooting an annoyed but amused glance at Eyulf.

Leaving so soon? I think I'd like to stay, these children appear to have taken quite a shine to me, Lyrea intoned.

Stay, by all means. But join us soon, 'Kay? Rivera replied, placing a hand over Lyrea scaled forearm. She turned away and followed after the others, Eldárwen dutifully by her side. Laughter rang through the air, old and young. Hopefully they won't outlaw us now, the village seems to like us.

'Nellas didn't snore to much?' Rivera asked playfully, knowing full well what a racket her sister made in deep sleep.

'Only the odd bit here and there,' Eldárwen countered, her voice dripping with sarcasm. Rivera gave her a smile, before skipping ahead to wake her sister.

Sure enough, Nellas was in a deep slumber, her limbs thrown all around her as she took up the whole bed. Eldárwen rolled her eyes, and pushed a strand of raven hair from her eyes.

'I'll deal with this,' she said confidently, pulling a face. Rivera laughed, before turning and leaving the bedroom and heading to the larder. It was stocked full of vegetables, fruits, cheeses and a whole manner of other foods, so Rivera set about hunting down the most extravagant thing she could find, and then eat. Preferably in front of Nellas.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby Dark Huntress » January 21st, 2015, 7:46 pm

Rhinnëa rolled her eyes as Gweir cast a not so subtle glance at Lyrea. "Fine..." She groaned and slid off his back. He really was rather obsessed. A mental denial was forced upon her as he trotted back to the onyx dragon, shaking the ground a little as he went. Sharing her head, Rhinnëa continued to the house where she helped herself to water from the well then joined Rivera in the pnatry.

"I suppose everything went well, as you are alive and hungry," Zaq's deep voice was a strange mix of attempted humor and simmering anger. Thinness turned slightly to look at him out of the corner of a slanted eye.

"Why yes, it did," Rhinnëa replied. "The dragons are still with the children."

"Hardly a harmonious mix, I should think."

Rhinnëa snorted, "No, you and the dragons are hardly a 'harmonious mix'. The children will be worshipped." With that she scooped up her findings and swept out of the room, eager to avoid the upcoming conversation.

Zaq waited until she was out of sight before addressing Rivera in a low tone, "Why didn't you want me there? Were you worried you were going to torch the place or something? It was dangerous for you to go without me."
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Scars Mate » January 21st, 2015, 9:42 pm

Rivera snorted to cover her irritation. 'Hardly,' she drawled, lifted a particularly ripe strawberry to her lips. 'I had Lyrea. Are you saying a full grown dragon can't defend me in times of need? And really, what we the kids gonna do, gum me to death.' She let out another contemptuous laugh. 'And as for torching the place, I'm certain Lyrea could sort that out for me. It was once,' she added.

She turned to face him fully, her gold and blue eyes unforgiving and full of accusation.

'This,' she said pointedly, jerking her hand towards his chest, 'is why I didn't invite you. I am perfectly capable of walking into a village and looking after myself. How do you think I survived all the years? Cowering behind Lyrea?' Her voice had taken on a mocking tone, cold where Zaq's had been heated. 'Lyrea is enough. I don't need you treating me like a child.'

She moved swiftly away from him, but took a wrong turn; she ended up deeper in the labyrinth that was the pantry, and silently cursed in elvish. In a wild attempt to cover her mistake, she grabbed a pastry, and spun around to face Zaq.

'What do you want?' She said, still irritated. 'Scared I'm gonna torch the place?' Rivera was hurt; she had been sure Zaq would still respect her, accept her after admitting what she'd done. Apparently, she had been wrong.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby Dark Huntress » January 23rd, 2015, 12:00 am

Zaq's golden brows drew together in a deep frown as he folded his arms across his chest, muscles rippling in time to the movement. "Lyrea is as big as the keep, hardly maneuverable in a village skirmish and you may be talented in a swordfight - nay, I know you are, you could be a warrior goddess- but you're a lot more susceptible to the fear and hate and words that these people employ."

His face hardened, as it had softened slightly as he spoke, and his eyes churned angrily. "I'm not overly afraid of the torching," he replied icily, "or, at least, that I wouldn't survive. Its usually the people that you love that suffer."

The harsh words echoed through the twisting spaces, stabs of guilt assaulting Zaq at every new foreign whisper. His eyes widened as Rivera flinched nearly imperceptibly. His ran his hand over his face. "That sounded-that wasn't-ugh!" He pounded the wall to vent his frustration a little.

"I'm sorry, okay? I was worried and frustrated you did want me there... I was wrong to be angry at you. You've done nothing wrong. At all. Ever." He closed his eyes for a moment then turned to leave.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Scars Mate » January 23rd, 2015, 7:15 pm

'Stop.' Rivera's voice echoed around the now silent room. 'You know that's not true. I've done lots of bad things.' She paused as Zaq returned to face her. Her eyes searched his face; she wasn't upset any more, no more than she could be angry at Nellas for hiding in her satchel when she had tried to run.

Rivera lowered her gaze, running a hand through her brown hair, a sign of nervousness she was unaccustomed to. He's rubbing off on me, she thought ruefully.

'Okay, so maybe I should have brought you. But I thought- well, I supposed- it would mean I wouldn't get distracted by you, okay?' She felt a flush creeping up her neck, her words hanging in the air between them. 'I'm sorry you got angry, I'm sorry I'm a pyromaniac who can't control herself, and I'm sorry that I'm sorry!' She burst, and felt tears threatening to spill.

God, she thought, why am I like this? There's nothing to be crying about!

She rubbed the heels of her palms into her eyes, stepping away from Zaq. Why? She screamed internally. I'm a hormonal wreck. Where's Rhinnëa when you need her?

Rivera drew her hands away from her face, placing them against a shelf and leaning heavily on them. Now what? She thought sourly.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby Dark Huntress » January 23rd, 2015, 10:48 pm

Zaq's hands encircled her shoulders and turned her to him, drawing her close to his chest where his heart beat an increasingly impatient tattoo upon his ribs. He'd never really enjoyed playing handkerchief for Eldarwén in the past, but Rivera wasn't his little sister. Indeed no. She was....she was.... His mind couldn't even fathom what she was - to him or Algaesia.

He let out a slow breath, "Well, I suppose you were probably right. I am pretty distracting. But the rest doesn't matter - not to me." He geld.her at arks length and coaxed her chin up with his fingers, "and you should never regret it or fear it, Rivera. Never."

He clasped the base of her slender neck in one hand and rested his broad forehead against her small, smooth one then kissed her softly. The kiss's less docile sequel was about to follow when a muffled squeal sounded from the entrance. Zaq tossed an irritated glance that direction and discovered Rhinnëa frozen there, wide-eyed with her hands over mouth.

"Ah, I - er -," she stuttered articulately before blurting, "I think I'm just gonna go." She pivoted and dashed away, elicited a chuckled from Zaq.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

PreviousNext

Return to Role Play (OT)