[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Survival of the fittest - AmyMarie and Shadowfax — My Lion King Forum

Survival of the fittest - AmyMarie and Shadowfax

Re: Survival of the fittest - AmyMarie and Shadowfax

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » September 3rd, 2013, 1:46 pm

George bit his lip. Could he tell them? It would be hard; Ash didn't want to do it, so he wasn't going to make her.
"Yeah...I'll tell them". He moved to the other side of the car and got in. He turned the keys in the engine and began to drive away. "I'll tell them all after dinner, just make yourself scarce for a little while". He sped down the road, eyes trailing to Ash every now and again.

----

Aaron doubted if George would be ok. He seemed a bit off; everyone seemed a bit off. It was just the new world they lived in that got to them. Aimee looked at the dog again with a smile.
"Hmm yeah, I was thinking something like Riley or Cody. Unless you have a name in mind Sam?"
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby Shadowfax » September 3rd, 2013, 5:54 pm

"Thanks.." Ash said distantly as George agreed to tell the others.

She was so grateful for those words. So grateful. She wanted to hug him, but again her emotions and inner army self was telling her not to. She heaved a low sigh as she allowed her head to fall on the side of the car window. As they began to drive, Ash was silent as she watched the countryside roll past. If the world wasn't in it's current state and if she hadn't just discovered something that was going to change her life, the drive would have been a nice one.

After a while they arrived back at the campsite and the sun was nearly gone. Ash turned to look at George and gently placed her hand on his.

"Even though I am the way I am now.. (She looked down at her stomach in that moment) I'll still watch all your backs. I promise" She said.

Sam thought about the suggested names. He liked the name Cody for his old cat was called that.

"I think Cody suits him actually" Sam said, kneeling down infront of the dog to look him in the eye and stroke behind his ears.

When he heard the distant sound of a car however, the boy gulped nervously. He just hoped Ash and George were in reasoning moods.
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » September 4th, 2013, 7:53 pm

George knew Ash would still protect them; he just hoped that in time she'd learn to be the one being protected.
"I know you will" George responded with a soft smile. He turned off the engine and got out of the car, waiting for Ash to get out to lock it and to pocket the keys. As he approached the camp, something he did not expect to see came into view. A dog.

"Who's this?" he asked, looking at the dog who was now deemed as Cody.
"Cody" Aimee murmured. George gave her a stare, they had named it already. In the time Ash and George had been out, they had found a dog and they had named it. He shot another look at Aaron.
"You've let them name the dog? You can't expect us to keep it".

Aaron shrugged his shoulders. "I told them you wouldn't agree", he walked off to put the fish onto the hot stones they used to cook and to check on the boiling potatoes. Aimee started to frown.
"Georgeeee, why not?" she said with a slight whine to her voice.
"Its another mouth to feed, we can't afford the supplies to keep him".
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Shadowfax » September 4th, 2013, 8:44 pm

Ash smiled and took her hand back. She then got out the car and followed George across the sand in the direction of the camp. Ash placed a hand momentarily on her stomach and felt the start of a bump. She grimaced, but looked up and put on her brave face. When she caught sight of the dog, she too frowned and stood next to George with a hand on her hip.

Sam was ready for any of George's protests and also gave him the eyes as he told Aimee no. The boy got to his feet and looked at George pleadingly.

"He can share my food! I don't mind! He can have half my food so we won't need any extra" Sam said defiantly as George began to say no.

"You barely get enough food yourself, let alone enough for a dog aswell" Ash put in.

Sam looked at her. He saw her eyes were slightly red so knew something was wrong, but at the same time he wanted to keep Cody so didn't push the matter.

"I'll be fine! George, pleeeeease!" Sam said, tugging Georges sleeve.

Cody stood behind the others, wagging his tail and whining slightly as the humans bickered.
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » September 5th, 2013, 9:25 pm

George didn't want to cause upset. He wouldn't make Sam share his food; that was too harsh. They'd just have to catch extra fish and hope the dog likes it. If he doesn't, then its the dog's problem.
"Okay, okay. Keep him" George muttered, but was glad it made both Sam and Aimee happy. Perhaps the dog would learn to keep guard of the group? That could come in handy.

In little time, Aaron was calling them over for food. They had taken plastic plates and cutlery from the convenience store a while ago. Aaron decided to dish up, giving everyone a fish and a few potatoes. They were mashed or anything, just whole. The fish was still as it was, and Aimee had learnt that having bones still connected to the edible fish wasn't that bad. Aaron handed Aimee her plate with a smile, and George's with a nod. Sam got his too.

Aaron, having heard the conversation about the dog and the food issue, had set aside some fish from his own (it was larger than the others) and put it on the floor on a plate, hoping the dog would naturally come forward.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Postby Shadowfax » September 5th, 2013, 9:54 pm

Ash raised an eyebrow, but smirked as George allowed Sam to keep the dog. She watched as the boy ran over to the dog and hugged him tightly.

"Thank you George! Thank you! I'll look after him! I promise" and at these words, Cody yawned, but barked happily afterwards.

When dinner was dished up, Ashelin took a plate gratefully and settled down by the fire to eat hers. Though she wasn't really hungry, she ate as much as she could before retrieving her backpack. She looked around at the others, whilst Cody walked over to Aaron's plate and took the fish he'd left him gratefully.

"I got a few bits in the town. Just some chocolate, crisps and fizzy drinks. Here" She said, placing them on the floor for them all to help themselves.

Ash took a bottle of coke and stood up slowly.

"I er... Im gonna go for a walk along the lake. I'll be back soon" She said.

As she passed George, she placed a hand on his shoulder and looked into his eyes for a moment before departing. Sam watched her go, but turned back to the others when she was out of earshot.

"She seems different lately" The boy said, eating a mouthful of potato.
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » September 7th, 2013, 9:45 pm

George was going to say it now, to them all. Doing it one on one would only take more strength.
"That's because she's-" George started, wanting to get it over with but finding he couldn't get it out. Aimee looked up from her almost finished food curiously, as did Aaron. What was he on about?
"She's what?" Aaron mused.

George took a deep breath, looking for each person to the next.
"She's pregnant". Aimee gasped and Aaron's mouth dropped. They were in shock. Aimee stood up out of instinct; she did not quite know why.
"Are you the Dad?" she asked, her voiced straining. She knew they had gotten close, but not that close. George shook her head and Aaron realized who it was first. Matt. In an instant he felt terrible for her.

"Is she keeping it?" he asked.
"Well, what else can she do?" George replied, a little annoyed even though he made the same mistake in asking that question.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Postby Shadowfax » September 8th, 2013, 5:47 pm

Sam blinked, then coughed on his potato slightly. The boy didn't really understand pregnancy, but he wasn't completely naive so guess that this child would belong to Matt. He sighed with sadness for Ash and had suddenly lost all appetite. Cody however finished off his food for him, so Sam gently stroked the dogs back as he polished off the remains.

"Poor Ash..." He muttered.

This had clearly put a strain on the atmosphere and Sam hated it when they were down. He saw these people as his friends weeks ago, now they were more like his family. Ash and George being the parents, and Aimee and Aaron the siblings. He looked from one to the other and smiled softly.

"Hey George, Aimee and Aaron caught loads of fish earlier with your net. You're good at making them"

Ash settled down on her favourite part of the lake once out of sight and earshot. All she could see was the dim light of the campfire behind her now and heard nothing. She smiled, incredibly grateful to George for telling them her news. Ash lay back in the sand with her top half propped up so she could look out across the moonlit lake. The sight was oddly calming and even made Ash feel better. Though she looked down at her stomach after a while and gently placed a hand on it.

"I don't care what happens... None of this is your fault. Hell, I have no idea how to be a mother.. I can't promise i'll be any good, but... I will NEVER let him near you. I will NEVER let you turn into him. You'll be good. You..." Ash bit her tongue as her eyes were watering again.

"I'll do my best for you and keep you safe. And I know George will too" Ash said softly after a while.

She sat up after half an hour and headed back in the direction of the camp.
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » September 10th, 2013, 8:06 pm

George was thankful that Sam changed the subject; he thought it unwise to dwell on the possibilities and outcomes of the pregnancy.
"I can see that" he said with a smile. "We all ate well tonight even...uh..." he motioning towards the new addition to their group.
"Cody" Aimee muttered, reminding him.
"Ah yes, Cody".

He thought back on the fact they were fishing together. He didn't mind too much. Aimee needed company other than her brother. It was just the fact that it was Aaron. He glanced at his friend for a moment and caught his eye. Aaron read him like a book; knowing he didn't approve didn't mean he was going to stop. He liked Aimee and was certain she liked him back. Tonight they had a date...of sorts.

The night was drawing closer and Aimee decided to put on a warmer jumper, feeling the chill that was growing with every minute. The car was back between the tree's. Sleeping in the back was comfortable and she felt safe. In fact, she was probably in more danger but if she slept well there she was willing to risk it.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Postby Shadowfax » September 11th, 2013, 10:05 am

Sam smiled as Cody finished the last remains of the fish on his plate. The dog barked enthusiastically at his new owners before padding off towards the tents for a lie down. Sam leapt to his feet and ran after the dog, laughing as he went. The boy nearly crashed into Ashelin as he didn't quite see her in the dark.

"Woah, easy there kid" Ash said, but not unkindly.

Sam looked up at her for a moment and there was the unrecognizable look of sadness in his eyes for her. Ash looked away awkwardly. She hated that. After a while though, Sam laughed again.

"Our new dogs called Cody by the way!" And with that he ran past her to avoid discussing her 'problem'.

Ash rolled her eyes, but smiled gently as she watched Sam run back to his tent where the dog was now. She then continued on towards George and the others, feeling rather embarrassed but knew she'd have to face them sooner or later.
Shadowfax
Never give up;

PreviousNext

Return to Role Play (OT)