[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Outlands Aren't All That Bad (OPEN: Searching for members) — My Lion King Forum

Outlands Aren't All That Bad (OPEN: Searching for members)

Outlands Aren't All That Bad (OPEN: Searching for members)

Postby Labatis » March 5th, 2015, 6:40 pm

Plot: It all started with two brothers. They were originally in a pride, and chased off when they became adolescents. The two came across a lioness, and a whole new pride was formed over time. It consists of bachelors as well as young cubs and lionesses, where there is no specific king.

Please Note: It does not take place in the Pridelands or the territory shown of the Outlands. The outlands that is being referred to is chunks of lands that are still full of life, and not dead like it is shown in TLK2.

Things to know about the RP:

Realistic, but not over-the-top realistic.
No attention hogs.

Basic knowledge of African animals: what's prey and what's not.

Dangers -

Elephants
Water buffalo
Poachers - traps are more frequent than actual human sightings.

Lions CAN get sick, injured, or killed.
Lionesses CAN get sick, injured, or killed.

Fertility Issues -

Not all lionesses will have 3+ cubs (only 5 tops, and this is rare), and some may have none.
Cubs CAN get sick, injured, or killed.
Male cubs can and will be killed or chased out of prides if the male leaders change, which they should after two years (prevents inbreeding).

--

Coloring of your Characters:

Lions may have red eyes, blue eyes, green eyes, yellow eyes, and brown eyes.
NO PINK, GREY, OR BLACK.
Lions can be light or dark colored.
WHITES ARE VERY UNCOMMON.
BLACK DOES NOT EXIST, but melanism does (this is EXTREMELY rare, as is piebaldism)
FEMALES MAY NOT HAVE MANES OR BANGS, though I will allow tufts.

Hunts -

NOT ALL HUNTS WILL BE SUCCESSFUL
Lions steal prey more often than hunt it, ESPECIALLY BACHELOR MALES.

--
Amount of Characters Allowed & Restrictons:

Each person may own up to five lions/lionesses - cubs are additional, but not, like 5+.
No powerplay/god-modding
NO MARY/GARY SUES - Every character has his/her flaws and talents.
Somewhat lengthy posts - Not 1 sentence, but you don't need to write a novel.

Prides -

There are 3 prides in the RP:

1. Pride (Consists of 2 males as well as multiple females and cubs; Males WILL be chased)
2. Sister Pride (Consists of females only; sisters, aunts, cubs, etc.; Males MAY be chased)
3. Bachelor Pride (Consists of males only; Females are allowed, and they can choose to stick around or to leave together and form their own pride.)

Members of the RP -

Zimu (Golden-Reily) - Bachelor Pride

Namawla (It means no worries) - Actual Pride

Uangaze (Iri) - Sister Pride

Kufanya (Labatis) - Sister Pride

Please PM me your forms! We would like this topic to remain as RP posts only. If you have a question, but not a post to go with it, PM me.
Last edited by Labatis on July 9th, 2015, 5:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
Labatis
The world is a mess

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and I just need to rule it

Pride Points: 23

Re: Outlands Aren't All That Bad (OPEN: Searching for member

Postby Golden-Reily » March 17th, 2015, 4:41 am

You made two errors when creating this topic:

1. Grey eyes are realistic, just uncommon. I have grey eyes.

2. Lionesses can grow 'manes' in real life, it's just a rare mutation.
Golden-Reily
The Tiger Overlord

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Before you ask, I'm a woman.

Nickname(s): Reily, Mobayo, Ravine
Pride Points: 0

Postby Labatis » March 17th, 2015, 3:57 pm

I appreciate you pointing out errors, and here is how I will respond to them. Please, do not take this offensively.

1. Lions do not have gray eyes. The closest they get to gray is hazel. If you were referring to yourself when you said you had gray eyes, that is believable. In fact, many people can have gray eyes. Cats cannot. Gray... usually means a sign of illness in cats, like poor genetics, or a deficiency in something.
Felines do not share the same eye colors as people. For example, domesticated cats cannot have brown eyes like people can. The closest color to brown a domesticated cat can have is copper, which is a dark, dark amber. However, cat genes can express heterochromia much more frequently than humans. (typically any cat can have heterochromia, as long as there is white present somewhere on their body. It is most common for solid whites to express heterochromia, and they are usually born deaf, blind, or both.) But we are talking about lions...

2. We said lionesses can have tufts, just not manes. When we said this, tufts could be more than what is shown in TLK. For example, the mutation of lionesses with manes. When we mentioned how lionesses cannot be allowed to have manes, we were referring to full-out manes that only males can have. But keep in mind, lionesses having manes is in fact a rare mutation (involving overactive testosterone most likely, like does having antlers), like you said.
We would not appreciate having many people playing as characters with that mutation, so it's just better off keeping things simple and saying: Lionesses can not have manes, only tufts.
Same thing goes for pelt colors. Lions are fully capable of expressing genetic mutations (leucism, albinism, piebaldism, melanism, etc.), we just don't want there to be a million lions with these rare genetic mutations. It's supposed to be semi-realistic.

(''We'' is referring to my sister and I, considering the two of us made this roleplay. I only posted it.)

If you have any further questions, or things to point out, please let us know.
Labatis
The world is a mess

Postby NukasMomentofGlory » March 17th, 2015, 4:04 pm

long inhale
i thought you were going to private message them, labatis.
cod dangit. gdfgsdh
NukasMomentofGlory
Hey, is it hot in here

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

or is it just me?

Nickname(s): Nuka
Pride Points: 9

Postby Labatis » March 17th, 2015, 4:09 pm

:innocent:
Labatis
The world is a mess

Postby Golden-Reily » March 17th, 2015, 6:08 pm

Ah, ok. I understand your point. I'll leave it at that, but can I still join? C:
Golden-Reily
The Tiger Overlord

Postby Golden-Reily » March 17th, 2015, 6:13 pm

Name :
Zimu ('Mad, Insane')
Looks :
Zimu has a rusty-brown coat, with a white-tinted underbelly, his nose being of a pridelander's, colored grey-brown. He also has grey-blue eyes, with pale yellow-brown above eyeshade and a yellow-peach under eyeshade. Zimu has a grey-brown mane, with a Taka and Simba mixed tuft on top. He has toes the same color as his underbelly, and always has his claws sticking out of each fore-legs' toe. His build is slim, but muscular as well.
Mate :
Crush :
Cubs :
Other :

OOC: I put a written desc. because I'm too lazy to post a picture xD
Golden-Reily
The Tiger Overlord

Postby Labatis » March 17th, 2015, 6:40 pm

[quote="Golden-Reily"]Ah, ok. I understand your point. I'll leave it at that, but can I still join? C:[/quote]

Of course you can! c:

[quote="Golden-Reily"]
Name :
Zimu ('Mad, Insane')
Looks :
Zimu has a rusty-brown coat, with a white-tinted underbelly, his nose being of a pridelander's, colored grey-brown. He also has grey-blue eyes, with pale yellow-brown above eyeshade and a yellow-peach under eyeshade. Zimu has a grey-brown mane, with a Taka and Simba mixed tuft on top. He has toes the same color as his underbelly, and always has his claws sticking out of each fore-legs' toe. His build is slim, but muscular as well.
Mate :
Crush :
Cubs :
Other :

OOC: I put a written desc. because I'm too lazy to post a picture xD
[/quote]

Accepted. :) Are you in the bachelor pride or the actual pride? (Actual pride consists of lionesses and 2 males, one must be dominant, the bachelor consists of many males that don't have a specific leader.)
Labatis
The world is a mess

Postby Golden-Reily » March 17th, 2015, 6:42 pm

Bachelor, please c:
Golden-Reily
The Tiger Overlord

Postby it means no worries » March 17th, 2015, 7:24 pm

MEANING: impulsive

SPECIES: lion

COLOUR: almost identical to cub Simba
it means no worries

Pride Points: 63

Next

Return to Lion King Roleplaying