[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Pride of Exiles — My Lion King Forum

Pride of Exiles

Pride of Exiles

Postby Ravvij » June 28th, 2014, 4:49 pm

EDIT: Moved to Private RP.
Please feel free to contact me about joining it! We're still looking for more players.

---------------------------------------------------------
Crawling slowly through the tall grass, the soft dirt beneath his feet, the smell of the warm night filled his nose. He crept closer and closer. He felt his breath slow and his heart race. Closer... closer. A light wind carried the scent of his prey deep into the back of his throat. Closer. He pushed his head slowly out of the cover of the grass. He could clearly see his prey, no plants to cloud his vision now. Just one more step... and.. HE LEPT at his prey and only once he was a mere breadth away did he let out a loud roar. His prey looked back at him and the fear in it's eyes could be seen even in the dim light of the fading sun. It was over. His prey lay trembling and dieing in his powerful jaws. It didn't have a chance. He knew it was his own sadistic pleasure to scare his prey only an instant before he caught it. The rush he got from seeing the terror in their eyes was enough to sate his feral mind. His prey stopped thrashing under his grip and he knew that it was dead. He released it, letting it's limp body lie there as he stood over it.
"Impressive, my cub!" his mother said to him as she approached the kill.
"Thank you." he said with a slight smile.
"Rav?"
"Yes?"
"You think we should travel north tomorrow? I hear there are some beautiful felines that way." she said, teasing him, a sly smile on her lips.
He just shook his head in exasperation. It wasn't that he was uninterested in finding a mate, more over, he just wasn't up to joining a pride at this time.
"You know you want to meet a nice girl. Why not try it?" she asked.
"I'm just not sure I'm ready to join a pride." he said honestly. The idea of taking orders from another male made him cringe and even worse he was still young. Old enough to start a family, but still, young.
Rav and his mother, Kaith, had been traveling for many days and nights. He no longer knew just where they were, even if he familiarized himself with his surroundings many times. He hoped that maybe one day he could find a place where he truly felt at home.
"You should eat." Kaith said, breaking his trail of thought.
Rav dipped his head down to eat while Kaith lifted her's to watch their surroundings. Then they switched, Rav watched their surroundings while his mother ate. They traded off until the boar he caught was little more than bone.
Now the sun had gone and the night sky was shimmering with stars and lightning bugs. The air was still warm, but as the half moon came over the horizon the air cooled. Other animals could be heard far off giving calls and howls and yips. Rav listened carefully and it didn't seem to him that he and his mother would be bothered tonight. A delightful calm emanated over the plains. They found a good tree and rested beneath it, digesting their meager meal. The moon rose higher and higher into the sky and Rav looked out with his cat eyes to the mountains that stood by themselves, dotted over the landscape. He wondered if any of those would make a good home.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay so there's your starting point.
The plot at this point is that Rav is going to, by some turn of events, start a pride of his own. I do have some plot twists planned so don't worry too much about this getting dull. If you want to join please post first to this ( http://www.mylionking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=40343 ) asking if you can join and link to your character's profile. Also, if you have an idea for a plot or story arc, please put it there and not here. I'd like to keep the discussion away from the story posts.

I ask that anyone wanting to join this RP please not treat it like some stupid D&D RP. Write sentences and paragraphs! I'd like this to be a story, not an "I do", "I did" dialog.

Rav's profile: http://www.mylionking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=40323
Ravvij
Fear is your Enemy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Fear fear.

Nickname(s): Rav, Ravvij
Pride Points: 2

Return to Lion King Roleplaying