[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Zira's Revenge (Tora, Kuna & Julie) — My Lion King Forum

Zira's Revenge (Tora, Kuna & Julie)

Zira's Revenge (Tora, Kuna & Julie)

Postby Carl » June 2nd, 2012, 6:30 pm

Zira's eyes widened as she realized that she wouldn't get the chance to avenge Scar. Her claws straining to hold on to the rock; to no avail, as she kept slipping. She would never, could never accept help from one of them. She struggled to pull herself up on her own, but she knew that she couldn't succeed. She would fall into the river, and she would die. There was no other truth, no other possibility. With one last look at the princess, Zira lost her grip, and plummeted towards the churning waters below.

"I've failed you, Scar. Forgive me," she gasped just before she hit the water.

The river pulled her along, tossing her around. Something solid would hit her now and then, knocking the breath out of her. Making her end more certain. She knew it was futile to fight, but she kept trying to get back to the surface; trying to get out of the river. She flailed her paws wildly, struggling to hold her breath. It was a long battle, but finally, the battered and beaten lioness broke the surface of the water.

Gasping for air, Zira looked around for an escape. Up ahead there was a shore she thought she could reach. Desperate to escape, desperate to get revenge, she began making her way towards the bank. Her fore paws sank into sand and mud, her claws searching for purchase. She kicked with her hind legs, scratching at pebbles. Victory! At last, she managed to pull her soaked, aching body from the river and stagger away from the treacherous waters.

For a moment, she just stared at the rushing river, unable to believe that she'd survived. Then her eyes narrowed and she glared in the direction she'd come from- in the direction of Pride Rock. First Simba had killed Scar. Then he'd turned Kovu against her, and Kovu had killed Nuka by doing nothing. To add insult to injury, he had turned Vitani on her, and even the rest of her pride. He had taken everything from her, and she would not rest until he had paid for what he'd done.

She turned and lurched away through the savanna, hatred burning within her. Despite her determination, she was weak, and she didn't get very far before she collapsed, unconscious, to the earth.

Chukiza followed the sounds of the river, thirsty after days without water. He leaned over the rapids, very cautiously getting a drink as quickly as he could. As he was rising back up, he noticed a lioness sprawled not too far away. He approached her, feeling like he should investigate.

She was soaking wet, and he figured she must have fallen into the river from somewhere and washed up here. Well, she wasn't his father, but Chukiza was alone, and he was sure just about anyone would do. He'd passed a grassier place not long ago, so he grabbed the downed lioness by the nape of her neck and dragged her to the softer area. Then he sat down to wait for her to come to.

---------------------------------------------------------------

It was over. There was no way Zira could have survived that fall and the rushing waters. Relief was all Nala could feel. For a minute there, she'd thought she would lose her daughter. She nuzzled Simba affectionately and turned to look around at the remnants of Zira's pride. They had been fighting mere moments ago, but she had forgiven them all. They had seen the error of their ways.

Some of them looked shellshocked. Others looked fine. Some looked sad. They probably hated that Zira was dead. Nala herself wished it could've ended better, but she didn't think she'd lose any sleep over the crazy lioness.

"Simba, we did it. We won," she murmured.

Nearby, Vitani wasn't sure if she'd made the right choice. She'd been unable to turn on her brother, and she had really hurt her mother by doing so. She'd abandoned her, after she'd already lost Nuka and Kovu, and now, Zira was dead. Had any of this been worth it? What was the point in avenging Scar if they lost everything in the process?

She wished they had never tried to ambush Simba. Sure she still had Kovu, but she wished they could still be back in the outlands with her mother and Nuka. It was too late for regrets now, it was too late to change her mind. She had sided with the Pridelanders, her mother's mortal enemies. Zira had been so upset, she'd even said she'd kill Vitani, too.

The lioness's gaze moved over to the edge of the cliff where her mother's life had ended. This was the beginning of a new chapter in her life, and she had no choice but to make the best of it.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Re: Zira's Revenge (Tora, Kuna & Julie)

Postby Tora » June 2nd, 2012, 7:11 pm

Simba looked around him after Nala nuzzled him. "Have we really done it?" he asked. "Can we live in peace now knowing that this threat has passed?" Simba had always had enemies; he didn't know how to feel now that it seemed that the only thing to worry about was a rouge or two that might come along.

Simba thought to himself, "Father! I don't know how to react to this. I'm afraid I might let my guard down, and Kovu is in love with my daughter. How can I trust Kovu to be a good King someday?"

Timon could tell Simba was contemplating something so he said, "Simba whats eating ya?"

Of course Pumba, remembering an old line, said "nothing he's at the top of the food chain."

"Sire, nothing should be getting you down we just won. We pulverized them, and you showed great veneration." Zazu said.

Simba replied, "Guy's it is nothing you would understand. I don't even know if Na--" Simba cut himself off knowing he shouldn't have said that. "Lets go home, all of us." Simba said softly, even though he felt anger and confusion inside himself.

---

Jera had been wandering this wasteland for days. "I just don't understand. My own brother tells me I'm not fit to rule a Kingdom. I could be a king! No one ever gives me a chance. Banishes me for disrespect? Well who needs that pride anyway. I can take care of myself."

Jera jumped at the sound of a geyser blasting steam into the air. "I wish I knew where I was. This place is deserted. Ohh! These insects why don't they just leave me alone?" Jera continued walking till he reached an elephant graveyard. "Am I walking in circles? Oh why do I get banished for disrespect. Disrespect? Yeah right. Who tells me I'm not fit for a King and doesn't expect me to attack? How did I lose? I was the oldest, that alone should have been enough."

Jera climbed high onto an elephants skull and sat contemplating what he would do with his life now. "Oh what I would give to be in a pride again."
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby Khanu » June 3rd, 2012, 10:14 pm

Kovu felt a sense of relief when his mother had fallen into the churning river, he also felt a great pain. After all it was his mother, she might of been evil but she still loved him and he loved her. Calling his feelings on the situation was anthing but mixed. True he was quite glad that it was all over, but he still lost another member of his family. It was to late to save her, he thought to himself. He just had to accept it and go on with his life. After all he had Kiara, and that was all he needed now. His mother was crazy after all, it was best that she was gone. There was no one that would try and harm his new family. Only good could come from this, right? He looked up as Kiara and Simba climbed over the ledge of the cliff. All previous thoughts had left his head, all he could think about was Kiara. He rushed over to her and nuzzled her, overwhelmed that she was fine. As they started walking back toward Pride Rock, all he could think about now was how much better his life would be now. Positive thoughts racing in his head, no longer was he thinking about his mother. He knew that she was in a "better place".

"It's over Kovu," Kiara whispered to him, making him forget his thought. She smiled at him and he nuzzled her back. Now all that was left to do was live their lives, and enjoy every moment.

--------------------

Nemesis and Malaika, who were both rogues that roamed the savannah, had been out hunting earlier in the day. After they ate their kill, they needed to find some shelter. It was getting dark after all, and no shelter made them nearly defenseless at night. They made they're way toward an elephen graveyard. Maybe they could find some shelter under a carcass. Just then Nemesis spotted a lion sitting on top of an elephant skull looking the other direction.

"Hey!" Malaika yelled out.

Nemesis just starred at her, what if this lion was dangerous and tried to attack them? She could be quite quick to act instead of think at times. He just face-pawed himself, what an idiot she could be sometimes he thought to himself.
Khanu

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Uncle Kuna, Kuny, KunaTuna
Pride Points: 25

Postby Carl » June 4th, 2012, 4:49 am

Zira blinked a few times, fading back into consciousness. She was laying on some grass, and the savanna's sun had almost completely dried her coat. She looked around and started at the sight of the male lion, jumping to her paws. At first, she thought to attack him, and she narrowed her eyes. But just before the mad lioness had even bared her fangs, she stopped. Maybe she could use this lion. She put on a pleading look.

"Oh thank goodness," she gasped, putting desperation in her voice, "I'm in need of help! Something terrible has happened!"

Chukiza raised an eyebrow at the frantic lioness. "What is it?"

"You wouldn't believe what they have done. There's a group of lions nearby calling themselves a pride, but they're the farthest thing from it!" she spat, "Their 'king' is an usurper! My mate was the true king, and he ruled with honor and dignity... but then this usurper, Simba, came along and killed him in cold blood. And just what did he do next? He had his daughter seduce my son and turned my own cubs against me! Please, help me."

Chukiza shook his head, "I'm really sorry that all of that happened to you, it's really awful, but I'm just one lion. There's not much I could do against a whole pride."

"You look strong and persuasive. We can find others, build an army, and take back the throne. You could be the new king when the usurper's dead, you know," she said slyly. He mulled it over for a minute. She was obviously distraught. Her eyes were wide, and she'd probably been cast into the river for fighting this usurper. He looked at her, knowing that if he helped her, he'd probably never be alone again.

"Okay, I'll do it. My name's Chukiza, by the way."

Zira beamed. It had worked. Now they just needed to find some other lions to recruit.

"Oh, you don't know how happy that makes me. I'm Zira. Now let's not waste any time, Chukiza. We've got to hurry, before they get any stronger," she said, walking away from the grassy area, despite how much she still hurt.

---------------------------

"Simba, don't worry about them. I'm sure everything will be fine," Nala said to her mate of the lions that had just joined his pride. She was sure that must be what was troubling him, at least in part. They had been on Zira's side only moments ago, attacking all of Simba's friends and loved ones. She could see where he would be cautious of them. She didn't think it was necessary for him to fret over it, however.

As Simba welcomed them all to his pride, Vitani didn't feel any better about the situation. She still felt bad about betraying her mother, and even as all of the other lions of the pride started making their way towards Pride Rock, she turned instead and walked over to the place where her mother had fallen. She looked over the edge at the current, knowing that there was no way Zira could have survived.

"I'm sorry, Mother. I shouldn't have turned on you, but I couldn't let you hurt Kovu. Why couldn't you see how much Kiara matters to him? Why couldn't you have let go of your hate?" she said to the river, knowing that it was no use. With a sigh, she turned and padded along after the pride. It was time to go home.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Tora » June 5th, 2012, 2:00 am

As Simba and the pride approached Pride Rock he couldn't help but feel in his heart that he wasn't safe from harm. Simba thought to himself, "Nala just wouldn't understand. No one would. How can we be safe. I have always had enemies, and how could that change now?"

Simba climbed to the top of Pride Rock and looked out to his Kingdom. "Father? Guide me through this time of peril. I just don't know what to do. I guess I should feel happy that my enemies are gone. How can I trust that these lions won't turn on me?" Simba sat down.

"Sire? Why are you so melancholy?" Zazu wondered. "If it wasn't for Scar this kingdom would have been a lot more blithe. Mufasa should have made him into a nice throw rug like I suggested; then this kingdom would have had a lot less disposition I tell you."

"Oh Zazu then that would have made my father no better than Scar. I only wish I could have saved him Zazu." Simba replied. Simba stood up, walked to the edge of Pride Rock, and roared unto his Kingdom.

"Simba maybe you should invite them as well." Zazu hinted as he pointed to Kiara, Kovu, and Nala.

"You're right. Perhaps I just need to get to know them better." Simba replied making an obvious gesture to the lionesses of Zira's pride.

"Kiara, Kovu, Nala get up here." Simba yelled over to his mate and daughter.

----

"Lions!" Jera shouted with glee. Jera jumped down off the elephant's skull and ran toward the other Lions. Jera stumbled over his owning footing and rolled his way down to the other Lions stopping at their feet.

Jera was excited to see the other lions, but after reaching them he felt small and insignificant. "Hey do you guys have a pride?" Jera asked. "I would if my brother didn't beat me and banish me from my kingdom. Oh well; It doesn't matter. So what are you guys doing out here?"
Tora
Never Forget

Always Remain Hopeful

Postby Khanu » June 11th, 2012, 10:03 pm

Kovu and Kiara walked slowly up to where Simba was standing. They peered out over the edge of pride rock to see all of the animals of the kingdom. Kovu had never seen anything like it, at first he felt almost frozen, was this going to be his new life? He thought to himself, he couldn't of imagined that his life would be this important. They both roared out into the Pridelands with Simba and Nala, making their presence known to the rest of the animals.

"Wow," Kovu whispered just loud enough for Kiara to hear him. He looked over at her, love filled her eyes as she looked back. He returned the look, trying to push the recent memory of his mother dying out of his head. It lingered with him however until his thought was interrupted by Kiara who gave him a nuzzle on the ear, then turned around and proceeded into the den. He quickly caught up and went into the den as well. He was exhausted and needed some sleep.

---------------

Malaika and Nguvu were a bit shocked that this lion was so eager to see them. They both thought he must of been alone for a long time to be asking random strangers.

"No we're not," Nguvu said back almost hesitating, "and why did you're brother banish you by the way?"

Malaika cut him off, not wanting to upset the other lion. She really wasn't in the mood for a brawl at this point in the day. She looked up and noticed that is was about to rain and they were all in need of shelter at this point. She quickly saw a place under a elephant carcass that was just big enough for the three of them for the night. She motioned for both of them to follow, and Nguvu did as she said. He turned around to see if the other lion was going to follow and also if he was planning on anything suspicious. He figured he'd just keep an eye on him for the night.
Khanu

Nickname(s): Uncle Kuna, Kuny, KunaTuna
Pride Points: 25

Postby Carl » June 11th, 2012, 11:15 pm

Nala looked over at Simba and smiled after roaring with him. Then she watched as Kiara and Kovu turned and ventured into the den. Her daughter was very happy with Kovu, and despite his resemblance to Scar, Nala didn't think he was a bad lion. She cast her gaze back at Simba, who still seemed troubled about something.

"What's bothering you, Simba?" she asked, "Are you thinking about the past?"

Still feeling wretched, Vitani only stuck around atop Pride Rock for a moment before retreating into the den. She wasn't feeling up to this kind of celebration. When she got into the den, however, she became even more bitter at the sight of Kovu smiling with his little girlfriend. Wasn't he even a little upset over the loss of their mother? Didn't he care at all?

She glared at her brother, angry, and trying very hard not to just smack him.

"What are you grinning about? You're so happy to still have Little-Miss-Princess that you don't care that we lost our mother? Were you smiling after Nuka died, too?" she spat, standing a lion's length away from him so as to minimize her chance of swatting him. There had been enough fighting today, and she didn't want to lose her brother, too.

-------------------------------

Chukiza growled low in his throat as Zira finished the tale of what had happened in her past. It was absolutely revolting to think of what they had done to her. Of what Simba had done to her, and what he'd done to Scar, his own relative, and the rightful king!

"Simba meant so much to Scar, and he betrayed him. That horrid lion has killed a mighty king, killed his son, and cast me out, no doubt thinking he's killed me, too," Zira sneered, forcing herself to cry a little for effect, "And my babies think I'm the one who's done something wrong! It's all his fault. He ruined everything."

"Simba needs to pay for what he's done. How could someone turn against their family? And your children, they should be punished, too," Chukiza said, a snarl on his lips. Zira looked at him, her eyes wide.

"Must we kill them, too?" she asked, trying to seem desperate to save them. They had betrayed her. She would enjoy ripping their throats out. After all they had gone through, Vitani and Kovu had turned their backs on her. They were no cubs she'd raised.

"If they fight on the side of the usurper, then I'm afraid we must," he said firmly, his eyes narrow, anger swelling in his chest.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Tora » June 13th, 2012, 12:40 am

"Not exactly. I was thinking about how different things are now. I don't have any enemies like I have always had. I just have issues trusting the very lions that tried to kill me." Simba expressed depressingly. "I think back to my father; his enemies weren't even close to the ones I've had. How can I trust them Nala?"

Zazu fluttered over, "Sire it's not all that disconsolate. Your father will always be in your heart. If you need some advice maybe you should go see that maniacal monkey Rafiki."

Simba's eyes sank inside his head at the sound of Rafiki. He began to recall the conversation he had with Rafiki when he was confused as to what to do about Scar.

-----Memory-----

"It's a secret.... Asante sana! Squash banana! We we nugu! Mi mi apana!" Rafiki chanted.

"Enough already. What's that supposed to mean, anyway?" Simba asked.

"It means you are a baboon... and I'm not."

"I think... you're a little confused." Simba whispered annoyed.

"Wrong! I'm not the one who's confused; you don't even know who you are."

"Oh, and I suppose you know?" Simba expressed sarcastically irritated.

"Sure do; you're Mufasa's boy." Rafiki murmured. "Bye!"

----Memory end----

"Wait!" Simba yelled waking from his day dream.

"Sire are you alright?" Zazu asked solicitously.

------------------

Jera followed them to the elephant carcass. "I was banished, because I challenged my brother for the throne. I was the first born; I should have been king. Not that little brat. I was the eldest, the smartest, and even the strongest." Jera answered. "I just don't understand it. My father chose him over me. I had the birthright not him. Forget him I don't even want to be a king of that worthless kingdom."

Jera noticed that Nguvu was studying him. "Do I interest you?"
Tora
Never Forget

Always Remain Hopeful

Return to Lion King Roleplaying