Do you smoke?

Fun and Games is a fun and zany place, but please remember to follow forum rules when posting. Things can become spammy, but please refrain from posting outright spam topics. Just ask a staff member if you have any questions!

Do you smoke?

yes, I smoke very often
5%
yes, but only once or twice a week
No votes
I rarely smoke....only on parties and stuff
5%
I have been smoking but I quit
4%
no, I'm not smoking and I never will
82%
no, I'm not smoking, but maybe I will smoke a cigaret once..
5%

Total votes : 83

Re: Do you smoke?

Postby DGFone » October 18th, 2016, 7:28 am

^ +1 for running. Also, congrats on your 13.1 miles!

Ironic that I saw this topic recently updated, because I was on my daily run this evening when I ran through an area where I guess a pothead had just been near at.

While I do know that cigarettes and weed are different enough, the two are still a plant that you light on fire and inhale to "feel better". All I know is that you can't run though either of their smoke, and I don't know which is worse. Can't breath near tobacco, can't breath near weed either.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Ninaroja » October 18th, 2016, 8:33 pm

[quote="HereWeStand"]I wonder how many previous posters on this thread have stated no but have since tried out smoking.

[/quote]

*Raises hand*

Tried cigarettes a few times since turning 18 - the supposed "peer pressure" about smoking never really transpired for me.

"Hey Luce, do you want to try a cigarette?"
"No thanks, I'm good."
"Alright, then."
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Buffy » October 19th, 2016, 5:21 am

Still very proud that to this day I've never lit a cigarette. And honestly, I never will. I truly believe that.
Buffy
once i present, but then

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Postby xoxo » January 3rd, 2017, 10:59 pm

My brother & grandmother smoke cigarettes. I sometimes refuse to smoke cause of my health, but i have been tempted to smoke more then be against it. I've told my family & doctors that i want to smoke cigarettes, i even know what brand of cigarettes i wanna smoke "Camel." They always lecture me about it & refuse to let me smoke. I've heard a rumor that smoking cigarettes helps with stress & troubled life, etc. Is that true? i probably can't smoke now cause of my bad health. But i would like to smoke. Sorry if i upset or offend any of you. :(
xoxo
Live. . .Love. . .Laugh

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

LovableLioness08

Nickname(s): Holly Bear
Pride Points: 4

Postby Si-Amber » January 3rd, 2017, 11:01 pm

Mine has changed since I voted. I smoke again now, like properly. Naughty me.
Si-Amber

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 74

Postby MalibuTrashDog » January 4th, 2017, 1:57 am

[quote="PridelanderLioness08"]I've heard a rumor that smoking cigarettes helps with stress & troubled life, etc. Is that true?[/quote]

As someone who smokes I can say this is all a head game. Smoking appears to relax you but it's just the fact of removing yourself from a stressful situation to go smoke alone and breathe is what it is. That gives us the belief that smoking calms you down.

Smoking is actually horrible and makes you feel [censored] but I keep doing it because nicotine is addictive.
MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The trash that collects you.

Nickname(s): Malibu, Sam
Pride Points: 100

Postby WildSimba » January 13th, 2017, 9:42 am

Never smoked, but kinda like the smell of Cigars and Vaping. Though, it really doesn't tempt me to do it, personally. lol
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Sushi » January 13th, 2017, 11:19 am

I don't like smoking. It all comes down to how I saw my grandparents (both of them from my fathers side) die horribly from smoking related cancers. I don't mince my words on the subject but I won't tell people not to or preach anti smoking stuff to them as its their choice.
It does annoy me that a fair few smokers don't have that attitude and force you to passive smoke (Like doorways where you have no choice but to have to shift them out the way to get out) or they smoke in inappropriate places, like in staff accommodation when I'm eating.)

E-cigs.....
Im undecided. I don't think they are as safe as they say but they can't be any worse than smoking. Unfortunately it has increased the view of "Im going to do it wherever and whenever I want without checking if people here are ok with it first" which is nothing but rude. Once spent a long trip in a car with someone blasting on one the whole way and I couldn't breath properly through it. Maybe to do with moisture levels or phycological I couldn't say.
Sushi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Samaki
Telegram: @jagerleopard (https://telegram.me/jagerleopard)
Pride Points: 2

Postby FlipMode » January 13th, 2017, 12:05 pm

[quote="MalibuTrashDog"][quote="PridelanderLioness08"]I've heard a rumor that smoking cigarettes helps with stress & troubled life, etc. Is that true?[/quote]

As someone who smokes I can say this is all a head game. Smoking appears to relax you but it's just the fact of removing yourself from a stressful situation to go smoke alone and breathe is what it is. That gives us the belief that smoking calms you down.

Smoking is actually horrible and makes you feel [censored] but I keep doing it because nicotine is addictive.[/quote]

Very much this, having an excuse to remove yourself from a stressful or high energy situation to collect your thoughts is what it really is.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby FlipMode » March 30th, 2018, 2:19 am

Ended up smoking again in 2017 for a bit lol.
Now I'm on a vape box mod. Far more pleasant to use than that old one I tried. But I find now I can just vape indoors I'm doing that more than I was smoking lol. I put this raspberry liquid in and ya know I'm a sucker for anything raspberry or pineapple flavour.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Previous

Return to Fun and Games