DONT HAVE WILD ANIMALS AS PETS!!!

Fun and Games is a fun and zany place, but please remember to follow forum rules when posting. Things can become spammy, but please refrain from posting outright spam topics. Just ask a staff member if you have any questions!

DONT HAVE WILD ANIMALS AS PETS!!!

Postby gothprincesskiara » February 13th, 2015, 5:21 am

:headache: :tired: Ok after what JJ Lion said about wanting a lion as a pet, and anyone else who thinks they want a wild animals as a pet.......you soooooooo need a reality check and a lesson from me. let me give you a lesson by showing you this website about stories of people who ended up dead because of there pets.

its also illegal in some areas.

I have seen all of these stories, so once you watch these stories then tell me if you still want a wild animal as a pet, because if these stories don't change your mind then your considered being suicide :roll:

http://www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/fa ... -incident/
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Re: DONT HAVE WILD ANIMALS AS PETS!!!

Postby Simbaholikov » February 13th, 2015, 7:53 am

I have a pet lion.

I call him Charlie.

Simbaholikov

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Shadowfax » February 13th, 2015, 9:44 am

Well... its kind of common sense.... and the member probably wasn't being entierly serious you know......

Plus it's illegal to own wild animals over here anyway unless you want to keep dangerous animals (mini crocodiles etc) you need a licence anyway.... and those pets are usually bred in captivity or pet shops...
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby Carl » February 13th, 2015, 3:54 pm

Licenses are required before anyone can own wild animals as pets over here too. As well as extensive training programs to show the person can handle it, before they get their license. Those who go through with it know what they're getting into.

And besides, not all "wild" animals are vicious and there are also plenty of stories of people having them as pets where it did not end badly. I'm pointing this out because, some big dogs, for example, have a bad temperament and they can kill you just as well, and they are domesticated animals.

Yeah as a general rule it's smartest not keep wild animals as pets, but the way it's set up only the most sure of what they are doing and those who have been properly trained ever will legally own them.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby gothprincesskiara » February 14th, 2015, 12:27 am

:resist: ok im must correct you about dogs Julie, because it upsets me when people assume by the breed of dog, the truth is ITS NOT THE DOG!, its how they were raised trained or treated, don't believe me ? ever heard of the show Cesar Milan or Pitbulls and Parolees

Ceaser Millan
http://www.cesarsway.com/cesar

BitBulls and Parolees
http://www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/pi ... -parolees/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
gothprincesskiara

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Carl » February 14th, 2015, 6:37 pm

Calm down. I didn't say it's the breed. I know it isn't, it's an individual. It's not always how they were raised or treated, but yes it often is. Just like with people, the psychology of animals is complicated and some individual dogs are just aggressive. Some are made that way by external circumstances, some are not.

I only specified "big dogs" because small dogs can't kill people because they are too small. They can be just as aggressive, though.

You need to calm down. And I don't mean only in this topic, I mean in general. Cool it.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Eli_Ayase » February 14th, 2015, 7:22 pm

People own Servals as pets. They're wild animals. You can buy them, with a license and such. I see no problem there. If the cat is tested, it will be okay. I would own a wolf if I could, wolves aren't that vicious, they actually fear humans as you try to get closer, just like Foxes. If it's a rabid/sick/whatever it has wolf, then yeah no I don't want to own one that could kill me. But I would own a wolf, and its always best to start out with pups/cubs/kits/any small animal. They grow fond of you, they know you feed them, take care of them, and all that. They would attack possibly if you annoy them a lot, which no animal likes.

Owning a grown tiger, lion, or any of those types, or even in general a big cat... (Even a licensed serval) There will always be one thing on their mind "KILL!" which it is. Maybe not for cubs, but for adult/teenage ones for sure. It's in their nature to be killers. I'm not saying Wolves aren't killers, but they are lesser of a danger than any big cat. And I'm not even saying all big cats are like it, there are some who don't even hurt a human when they're near, but they can still snap.

There are both pros and cons in owning a wild/exotic animal.
The pros are; they're your favourite animal that you love and always wanted to own. The con is; they can some day snap. So it's up to the person if they want one or not. If they feel safe, by having the animal naturally live outside in their yard, yeah go ahead. If not safe, it's best to really keep it a distance.

All in all this is a: "Your choice" type of thing.
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise
Pride Points: 138

Postby SlayerOfLight » February 14th, 2015, 7:29 pm

I caught a few wild ants from my backyard and keep them as pets.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby gothprincesskiara » February 15th, 2015, 2:42 am

:nervous: I really admire all your love for animals, that's what I love about this place,.....but the fact that you want to own these wild, dangerous and unpredictable animals from the wild, well I cant help but say your just well.....crazy, but hey your right its your choice and I don't have a problem with it cause I really respect it, and I prefer people doing that then wearing the fur and killing them for fur and sport.

I just prey for you all that you never experience :this-iz-mah-happy-face: :backfromthedead: :bigteethnala:

gothprincesskiara

Postby Eli_Ayase » February 15th, 2015, 3:36 am

My statement wasn't love, but a fact. I wrote three paragraphs, one of them speaking about that any animal can snap, even the mentioned Serval, and the wolf despite they are lesser danger to a human. I know I would never have enough money either way to own a real wolf, and raise it from a puppy to an adult. Maybe if my art sells well enough in the future, then yeah I probably will spend a few thousands to own one and raise it, then die in peace that I had owned a real wolf once. Of course I'm not going to be insane and let it walk around my house at night, or when I'm doing work, I'll just let it live in my garden, on my property.

I don't see anything really on the crazy side, crazy is when you own a rhino and let it walk around your house. It's more crazy than owning a tarantula/any spider, snake, Serval or any exotic animal. So with that all said, I'm done with my words.
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise
Pride Points: 138

Next

Return to Fun and Games