Ice bucket challenge

Fun and Games is a fun and zany place, but please remember to follow forum rules when posting. Things can become spammy, but please refrain from posting outright spam topics. Just ask a staff member if you have any questions!

Ice bucket challenge

Postby it means no worries » August 23rd, 2014, 8:02 pm

have any of you been nominated or taken the ice bucket challenge for charity? I am about to be nominated...i can tell! Shakira nominated the pope lol :lol:
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Re: Ice bucket challenge

Postby Shadowfax » August 23rd, 2014, 8:23 pm

I have yet to be nominated for it, but I honestly don't see the point in it personally.... I give to charities why would I need to throw a bucket of ice cold water on my head lol?
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby it means no worries » August 23rd, 2014, 8:35 pm

it's so people are encouraged to nominate their friends, meaning more people donate, and so the charity get more money
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FlipMode » August 23rd, 2014, 8:46 pm

I've been nominated to do it a few times now.
Tempted to actually do it so that I can nominate Rowan Atkinson, The Undertaker and Gino
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby it means no worries » August 23rd, 2014, 8:49 pm

[quote="Flip_FTW"]I've been nominated to do it a few times now.
Tempted to actually do it so that I can nominate Rowan Atkinson, The Undertaker and Gino[/quote]

so are you gonna do it?
it means no worries

Postby FlipMode » August 23rd, 2014, 9:00 pm

Yeah.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby it means no worries » August 23rd, 2014, 9:33 pm

^nice one
it means no worries

Postby HasiraKali » August 24th, 2014, 10:54 pm

My school's principal was challenged by another principal last week. She then challenged the rest of her staff, and we all did it together on Friday. I'm not sure exactly how much we ended up donating, but everyone that participated donated at least something.

Here's the video that was made of it.

http://youtu.be/ETr5c8CU9Vo
We are so much more complicated than our names.
If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.
Lea Halalela Lion King Forums
HasiraKali

Disney Dreamin'...

Nickname(s): Manda
Pride Points: 24

Postby it means no worries » August 24th, 2014, 11:10 pm

^haha! that sounds awesome!
it means no worries

Postby RayCat » August 26th, 2014, 12:25 am

[quote="Shadowfax"]I have yet to be nominated for it, but I honestly don't see the point in it personally.... I give to charities why would I need to throw a bucket of ice cold water on my head lol?[/quote]

Well, I now know who I'm nominating ;)

It's just a fun way to spread awareness for ALS if you ask me, I had no idea what motor neurone disease was until I heard about this Ice Bucket challenge... pretty clever to use Facebook to dare people too, good ol' social media :P I've been nominated and I'll be recording my video tomorrow if I'm not too busy!
My graphics thread
And where the journey may lead you
Let this prayer be your guide
Though it may take you so far away
Always remember your pride
RayCat

The lion sleeps no more

Pride Points: 55

Next

Return to Fun and Games