Do you believe in God or a higher-power?

Fun and Games is a fun and zany place, but please remember to follow forum rules when posting. Things can become spammy, but please refrain from posting outright spam topics. Just ask a staff member if you have any questions!

Do you believe in God or a higher-power?

Postby ScarLoyal » July 13th, 2014, 5:43 am

I decided to make a 'religious' thread for all to discuss religion and why they do/don't believe in it.
:D I must admit I am a very religious person who believes in God with all my heart and at times when I think about God and what he has done for me or us, it makes me feel 'at peace'.. :zirainnocent:
Though I am actually perfectly fine with atheists and their beliefs but just as long as they don't 'argue' with me about it. And I also must admit that I 'hate' 'extreme Christians' who threat you with 'Religion' and say you'll go to hell or perish.. :? after all, the bible says that God doesn't want us to force our beliefs on anyone, but ah, what are ya gonna do? :P
When I think of what that BRUTE did.. I get a little TENSE!
ScarLoyal
These lands belong to Scar!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

That's my Lullaby!

Nickname(s): Insane lioness, Rightful Queen, Team Outsiders!
Pride Points: 1

Re: Do you believe in God or a higher-power?

Postby Regulus » July 13th, 2014, 6:28 am

I believe high powers exist. Like ex as x approaches infinity is a pretty high power.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Buffy » July 13th, 2014, 7:03 am

I am a devout Christian. I believe in God, and Jesus. And honestly on Sunday mornings when I go to church to be in the presence of Our Heavenly Father is one of my favourite parts of my week. :)
Buffy
once i present, but then

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Postby FlipMode » July 13th, 2014, 9:49 am

No. I still use terms like "Oh my God" though which is pretty weird.
Maybe because I did used to believe until I got old enough to think about things for myself and then it just didn't seem like a thing that would exist.

I'm Agnostic I think the term is, which is pretty much "Maybe, maybe not, I'm just going to keep living and enjoying my life while I can and I don't think it makes a difference one way or another."
I mean everything you do in life is your choice, so I really don't feel obligated to believe in God when there is no evidence of it. Just seems like any other myth to me "Cool story bro"
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Carl » July 13th, 2014, 10:03 am

^ I use those phrases too and I've never believed. I think it's just because said phrases are used so commonly by others that it's subconscious, as I know loads of nonreligious people who use them.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby FlipMode » July 13th, 2014, 10:30 am

[quote="Julie Skywalker"]^ I use those phrases too and I've never believed. I think it's just because said phrases are used so commonly by others that it's subconscious, as I know loads of nonreligious people who use them.[/quote]

Yeah I guess. Also because it's more acceptable (mostly) than swearing, especially at work and such XD
FlipMode

Postby TomCat » July 13th, 2014, 10:34 am

Last edited by TomCat on October 10th, 2016, 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TomCat
Lala kahle, my dear sister...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Haraka » July 13th, 2014, 10:38 am

I am not a believer but i respect thoses who do. People can have different opinions about such subjects and i don't mind either. The only think I dislike that comes from religion are the extremist people who goes :" believe the same way i do or die/suffer/go to hell". Luckily they represent quite a small percentage :)

Plus i gotta admit , i do use "oh my god" too from time to times. It is a part of our language now , be it from a believer or not.
Haraka

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 10

Postby KingKivuli » July 13th, 2014, 10:43 am

This is a bit round about for me but I do not believe there is just a 'God'

I believe there is some form of higher power and possible several different gods (look at all the religions and beliefs on this planet they had to come from somewhere)

Do I worship any or pray etc? No I don't as I am only speculating

In relation to what Flip said with that phrase, more often than not now you will here me say 'Oh my GodS' over 'Oh my God'

[quote="TomCat"]http://www.mylionking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24
Posting anything that will promote arguing. This includes confrontational topics that are bound to bring about arguing such as religion.

(Quoted from the UNIVERSAL RULES by Moka)

I really don´t think it´s a completely 'appropriate' topic, since faith and religion its a personal thing.[/quote]

Regarding this rule there is nothing saying that the topic can not be made, as long as members remain polite and respectful of others views and opinions then we have no issue, the moment someone starts saying 'you're wrong' or some sort of phrase that belittles another belief that's when Myself and the mod team will step in. As I said just respect each others views, heck Buffy is one of my best friends on here, she is a strong believer in Christianity, me I don't believe in it or any other religion but we both understand and respect that :)
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby FlipMode » July 13th, 2014, 10:46 am

[quote="TomCat"]http://www.mylionking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24
Posting anything that will promote arguing. This includes confrontational topics that are bound to bring about arguing such as religion.

(Quoted from the UNIVERSAL RULES by Moka)

I really don´t think it´s a completely 'appropriate' topic, since faith and religion its a personal thing.[/quote]

Here's another general offence for you:

Backseat moderating. Backseat moderating is when a member of the forum acts as if they are a staff member on the forum. Members are urged to bring things to the staff's attention, instead of taking matters into their own hands.

Report it and move on if you think it breaks the rules, much better than an unnecessary snitching post that adds nought to the actual discussion. Also, two mods and an admin already posted in here :]
FlipMode

Next

Return to Fun and Games