Do you believe in God or a higher-power?

Fun and Games is a fun and zany place, but please remember to follow forum rules when posting. Things can become spammy, but please refrain from posting outright spam topics. Just ask a staff member if you have any questions!

Re: Do you believe in God or a higher-power?

Postby juhouh » July 13th, 2014, 11:22 am

God is a joke. It does not exist
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby KingKivuli » July 13th, 2014, 11:31 am

[quote="juhouh"]God is a joke. It does not exist[/quote]

Fair enough if you do not believe but please do not call it a 'joke' people do and please respect that
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby TomCat » July 13th, 2014, 12:08 pm

Last edited by TomCat on October 10th, 2016, 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TomCat
Lala kahle, my dear sister...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby juhouh » July 13th, 2014, 1:14 pm

[quote="KingKivuli"][quote="juhouh"]God is a joke. It does not exist[/quote]

Fair enough if you do not believe but please do not call it a 'joke' people do and please respect that[/quote]
It was my personal opinion and I didn't say believing in God is wrong or I wouldn't respect peoples' opinions. Since we're allowed to discuss about this I assume I can say how I see it. If you believe in God, fine it's okay
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby Tsuki » July 13th, 2014, 1:52 pm

I believe in a God but I also believe in reincarnation and spirit animals. I'm a bit of a mismatch person :lol:.
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby Eli_Ayase » July 13th, 2014, 2:23 pm

Inb4 this thread yet again turns into a ****storm, anything that always was about religion, ended up like that :l
*takes popcorn, sits back, and prepares for the thread burning to start a few posts later*

But anywho...

Yes, I do believe in God, as well as Jesus Christ. And don't think (to me personally) there is any other higher power.
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise
Pride Points: 138

Postby Ninaroja » July 13th, 2014, 3:12 pm

I used to definitely believe in God, but now that I'm older I'm wavering between not believing and being unsure. I guess I sit and wonder why God, if he exists, allows such bad things to happen all over the world. If he truly is good and loving, then why is he allowing people to suffer?

Like someone said earlier, I too dislike it when Religious people ram their beliefs down other's throats or threaten them with it. I have a friend who is extremely religious and she told another of my good friends that her dead father was in hell and that when she died she would go and join him, because she doesn't believe in God. She seemed very casual about the whole thing, too. It was kind of sinister. :/ And it all unfolded over facebook so things got very ugly and heated after that.
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Regulus » July 13th, 2014, 4:30 pm

[quote="Flip_FTW"][quote="Julie Skywalker"]^ I use those phrases too and I've never believed. I think it's just because said phrases are used so commonly by others that it's subconscious, as I know loads of nonreligious people who use them.[/quote]

Yeah I guess. Also because it's more acceptable (mostly) than swearing, especially at work and such XD[/quote]

I grew up thinking God was only a vulgar word. I never knew Jesus was an actual thing until I was 10 years old. To me, it means nothing more than "Jesus, man, are you crazy?" I still say it, though, because that's the meaning it has.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Shadowfax » July 13th, 2014, 9:55 pm

I come under the category 'agnostic'. My mother and sister are very devout Christians and go to Church and neither of them have ever pushed their faith on me. Nor do they judge or shun me for living with my boyfriend so for that, I am grateful. As for whether God exists, in my personal opinion, I do not know. I believe there is something there, but I don't have a clue what and I know I never will know until I die lol.
Shadowfax
Never give up;

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby SlayerOfLight » July 22nd, 2014, 12:34 pm

If I wasn't a Christian I'd probably believe in Kratos. That dude kills gods on a daily routine and became one himself.

Nah seriously, I am not that extremely into religion allthough I'd concider myself a Christian and stick to the basic teachings, such as the holy trinity, 10 commandments, the gospel of Christ, etc. I don't bother people with it unless they are interested and I'm not your avarage church-goer.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

PreviousNext

Return to Fun and Games