Rate the Avatar above you

Fun and Games is a fun and zany place, but please remember to follow forum rules when posting. Things can become spammy, but please refrain from posting outright spam topics. Just ask a staff member if you have any questions!

Re: Rate the Avatar above you

Postby Remorazz » July 5th, 2014, 3:06 am

I feel like the "out of 10" thing doesn't work very well here. If you don't give an avatar at least a 7/10 then it's almost an insult. Anything below 7/10 is a failing grade. Rating people's avatars should be creative and analytical, not like a standardized test.... :roll:

Nonetheless, 7/10. Iconic scene.
Thank You SophieCub: show
Remorazz

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Remo
Pride Points: 3

Postby The Spirit of Life » July 5th, 2014, 3:58 am

8.5/10
The Spirit of Life
oh, oh, iyo ...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

mamela.

Pride Points: 21

Postby Harvs » July 6th, 2014, 7:07 pm

[quote="Remorazz"]I feel like the "out of 10" thing doesn't work very well here. If you don't give an avatar at least a 7/10 then it's almost an insult. Anything below 7/10 is a failing grade. Rating people's avatars should be creative and analytical, not like a standardized test.... :roll: [/quote]

I agree, though the problem is that most people only post on this thread to show off their own avatars. It's just a shame to get their avatars noticed, they have to type out a generic score before paw. Therein lies the problem. I'm not gonna sit here and be the preacher of good etiquette since I'm guilty of it too, but hopefully this will open someone's eyes.

Anyways, 7/10. It's a pretty good picture from a good scene. It could have a little bit more, but for what it is, I enjoy the scene, so I enjoy the avatar.

"A film should engage, not distract. expand, not contract. Inform, not retract. Redefine, not reenact."

Credit to my awesome signature goes to Twin.
Harvs
The old Simba66

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The new HarvstootH

Nickname(s): 66, S66, Simby
Pride Points: 54

Postby Perrys Girlfriend » July 7th, 2014, 5:51 am

7/10
I forever remember my grandfather, Scott, who died on August 10, 2015 at the age of 60. R.I.P
Perrys Girlfriend
Robert Muldoon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He saved lives by giving his

Nickname(s): Sam, Samie, Sammi Jo, JP candy warden :D
Pride Points: 19

Postby Harvs » July 7th, 2014, 5:58 am

:headache: Really we should just rename this thread the 7/10 thread.

9/10. Very good colors and a very nice pattern. While I don't know the character, I can say that the picture is very nice and well made.
Last edited by Harvs on July 7th, 2014, 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

"A film should engage, not distract. expand, not contract. Inform, not retract. Redefine, not reenact."

Harvs
The old Simba66

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The new HarvstootH

Postby Perrys Girlfriend » July 7th, 2014, 6:00 am

7.5/10 Thanks for the rate. The character is Thundra from the 'Aladdin TV Series'... She's Iago's girlfriend. :D
I forever remember my grandfather, Scott, who died on August 10, 2015 at the age of 60. R.I.P
Perrys Girlfriend
Robert Muldoon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He saved lives by giving his

Nickname(s): Sam, Samie, Sammi Jo, JP candy warden :D
Pride Points: 19

Postby Katelyn23 » July 7th, 2014, 6:04 am

9/10. Never seen the Aladdin TV show but I really like the colour scheme and font you used for it.

Katelyn23
We are the champions.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I be speakin' swaghili.

Pride Points: 20

Postby Harvs » July 7th, 2014, 6:13 am

[quote="Zazus Mate"]Thanks for the rate. The character is Thundra from the 'Aladdin TV Series'... She's Iago's girlfriend. :D[/quote]

Much welcome, and thank you for letting me know where she is from.

8/10. Very simple, but it's an iconic scene (under appreciated as well) with some nice graphical patterns to go with it.

Harvs
The old Simba66

The new HarvstootH

Postby S1mb4 D4 L10n » July 7th, 2014, 6:15 am

8/10 for smooth gif
S1mb4 D4 L10n
A man of knowledge lives by

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

acting, not by thinking about acting.

Nickname(s): S4mb4, Jacket, Jnack, MLK Drama Detective :P
Pride Points: 58

Postby Harvs » July 7th, 2014, 6:33 am

8/10. It's a cute, quick gif that shows off cubby Nala and Simba, and really who could hate that? It's adorable and the transition is smooth if not a bit slow. While it lacks any details after that, who cares? It's a fun little gif and it works. What more could ya ask.

Harvs
The old Simba66

The new HarvstootH

PreviousNext

Return to Fun and Games