What's your occupation?

Fun and Games is a fun and zany place, but please remember to follow forum rules when posting. Things can become spammy, but please refrain from posting outright spam topics. Just ask a staff member if you have any questions!

What's your occupation?

Postby Wrightfan » February 26th, 2013, 5:10 pm

Ok, so I know some of you are young but for the "older" folks, what is your job?

I'm still a full time student but currently am an intern at C-Span. In particular I work for the American History Television department (AHTV airs weekends on C-Span 3) and do the following:
-Screen programs
-Log information about programs. This includes identifying people, camera/audio glitches and profanity (yes, there has been a history presentation I've seen that used the s word lol.)
-Research events for the field crews to go to.
-Make requests for tapes to be dubbed (duplicated onto a different format)
Wrightfan
Let's go Mets!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Andrew
Pride Points: 9

Re: What's your occupation?

Postby Regulus » February 26th, 2013, 5:16 pm

I'm a full time student. I don't have an internship yet, and more than likely, I won't have one for at least another two years.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby ScarsLove » February 26th, 2013, 5:20 pm

I don't have a part time or full time occupation but I am a full time high school student.

Image Image Image Image

Spoiler: show
ScarsLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"All's well that's well for me"

Nickname(s): Wolfy, Nikki
Pride Points: 70

Postby AdAstrα » February 26th, 2013, 5:38 pm

I'm a University student as well, and an internship won't be an option for me until next year. I'm also an aspiring actress.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Si-Amber » February 26th, 2013, 6:40 pm

I'm a receptionist / host working for the UK's largest hotel chain.
Si-Amber

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 74

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » February 26th, 2013, 6:47 pm

Simple pupil in secondary/high school :3 I don't know what I want to do when I'm older but I definitely want to publish a book xD

[quote="AdAstra"] I'm also an aspiring actress.[/quote]
That's something that will happen ladies and gentlemen, 10 years time she'll of won an Oscar ;)
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby ScarsLove » February 26th, 2013, 6:53 pm

[quote="AmyMarie"]That's something that will happen ladies and gentlemen, 10 years time she'll of won an Oscar ;)[/quote]

Agreed ^

Image Image Image Image

Spoiler: show
ScarsLove

"All's well that's well for me"

Nickname(s): Wolfy, Nikki
Pride Points: 70

Postby DGFone » February 26th, 2013, 7:19 pm

I'm a full time student, but have just gotten an unofficial internship.

Basically, as soon as I learn how to use the software properly, I will start helping out with some of the engineering in my dad's work. He already has several projects lined up for me. :)
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby AdAstrα » February 26th, 2013, 7:45 pm

[quote="Wolf Song"][quote="AmyMarie"]That's something that will happen ladies and gentlemen, 10 years time she'll of won an Oscar ;)[/quote]

Agreed ^
[/quote]
Awww, thanks :3 Not sure I'll ever be Oscar material though....but who knows xD
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby Shadowfax » February 26th, 2013, 11:43 pm

I work full time at a large pet store. I specialize in rats, but am on hand to talk to people about all small animals, reptiles and fish too. It's a demanding job, but very rewarding and you learn so much and meet lots of different people (sometimes that's not always a good thing mind xD) But yesh, that's me =3 Very occasionally I also do a bit of work with horses as I am also a qualified horse carer.
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Next

Return to Fun and Games