What are you thinking RIGHT NOW?

Fun and Games is a fun and zany place, but please remember to follow forum rules when posting. Things can become spammy, but please refrain from posting outright spam topics. Just ask a staff member if you have any questions!

Re: What are you thinking RIGHT NOW?

Postby FlipMode » July 31st, 2014, 1:13 am

[quote="Ninaroja"][quote="S1mb4 D4 L10n"][quote="Julie Skywalker"]^ I'm in college, and it's still a terrible system. Right now I'm faced with the choices of drop out a year and a half away from graduation, or end up in debt for the rest of my life.[/quote]
:( If only we had free college like Europe :cry:[/quote]

Free University?

:lol:

Well, maybe it is in some countries (I don't know), but the UK is most definitely not one of them (unless you are Scottish and go to a Scottish University). I'll be over £30,000 in debt by the time I graduate... :/[/quote]

Ninarojhahahadowodoeu is right, even though college here is free, what you call college is actually called university here and is most certainly NOT free. Some people don't even need to go to college here at all and the ones who do usually only need to go for less than a year to get the qualifications for their chosen uni courses which are very expensive. Education is only free here if you choose not to go to university.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby S1mb4 D4 L10n » July 31st, 2014, 1:31 am

[quote="Flip_FTW"]

Ninarojhahahadowodoeu is right, even though college here is free, what you call college is actually called university here and is most certainly NOT free. Some people don't even need to go to college here at all and the ones who do usually only need to go for less than a year to get the qualifications for their chosen uni courses which are very expensive. Education is only free here if you choose not to go to university.[/quote]

Did not know that, well I was planning to go to a University in Cali anyways :P
S1mb4 D4 L10n
A man of knowledge lives by

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

acting, not by thinking about acting.

Nickname(s): S4mb4, Jacket, Jnack, MLK Drama Detective :P
Pride Points: 58

Postby Perrys Girlfriend » July 31st, 2014, 2:48 am

Here's pictures of my new glasses. :D
Sorry the pictures are a bit blurry. :embarrassed:

DSCF0035.JPG
Up front view.
DSCF0035.JPG (27.14 KiB) Viewed 156 times

DSCF0033.JPG
Here's a side view.
DSCF0033.JPG (33.51 KiB) Viewed 156 times

DSCF0034.JPG
Here's an up close side view.
DSCF0034.JPG (43.86 KiB) Viewed 156 times

DSCF0032.JPG
Here's a back view of my new glasses
DSCF0032.JPG (47.83 KiB) Viewed 156 times
I forever remember my grandfather, Scott, who died on August 10, 2015 at the age of 60. R.I.P
Perrys Girlfriend
Robert Muldoon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He saved lives by giving his

Nickname(s): Sam, Samie, Sammi Jo, JP candy warden :D
Pride Points: 19

Postby S1mb4 D4 L10n » July 31st, 2014, 4:06 am

[quote="Zazus Mate"]Here's pictures of my new glasses. :D
Sorry the pictures are a bit blurry. :embarrassed:

DSCF0035.JPG

DSCF0033.JPG

DSCF0034.JPG

DSCF0032.JPG
[/quote]
Cool! :D
S1mb4 D4 L10n

Postby Buffy » July 31st, 2014, 4:21 am

Oops! I fell asleep and now it's midnight haha
Buffy
once i present, but then

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Postby Perrys Girlfriend » July 31st, 2014, 4:26 am

I can't draw a bird to save my life.
I forever remember my grandfather, Scott, who died on August 10, 2015 at the age of 60. R.I.P
Perrys Girlfriend
Robert Muldoon

He saved lives by giving his

Nickname(s): Sam, Samie, Sammi Jo, JP candy warden :D
Pride Points: 19

Postby S1mb4 D4 L10n » July 31st, 2014, 4:27 am

[quote="Zazus Mate"]I can't draw a bird to save my life.[/quote]

Me neither, but I can draw a lion :P
S1mb4 D4 L10n

Postby Tora » July 31st, 2014, 4:49 am

I honestly don't know how to feel. :/
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby Eli_Ayase » July 31st, 2014, 4:51 am

"How many more allnighters till I DON'T fall asleep at day and return to a normal sleeping :'( hope this list works to keep me active all day..."
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise
Pride Points: 138

Postby Gemini » July 31st, 2014, 6:26 am

[quote="Julie Skywalker"][quote="GeminiGemelo"]I don't think most people understand how much I seriously hate our public education system. It's silly, petty, dumbed down, and incredibly inefficient. Luckily for me there's just one more year and I'm off to college... personally, though, I doubt my attendance record is going to get any better between now and then. Hope they don't mind too much. :roll: I wish they'd stop complaining about it.

Oh, well. Better do what I can this summer.[/quote]
If whatever college you're going to is anything like mine, I hope you're prepared to fail every class you miss more than three times. Absence directly effects your grade, and they actually teach you things (unlike in lower school) so you'll miss something important. But not all colleges are good colleges, so yours could be bad still, especially if it's a community college, from what I hear.[/quote]

Welp, looks like I caused a big discussion about school. Sorry about that. :?

But yeah, I am aware of this. :/ Personally, I don't mind going to school as long as I learn something. In the meantime, though, I feel little to no motivation to attend my high school classes. Fact is, ever since coming to the high school in 10th grade, I've missed about a day a week (on average, sometimes 2+) and I still get A's. In AP classes. At a school that's supposedly the best in the area, academically speaking.

If that doesn't say anything about our education system, I don't know what does. :eyebrow2:

On a lighter note, I went horseback riding today for the first time in a few weeks. That was a good time. :3
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

PreviousNext

Return to Fun and Games