LAST PERSON TO POST WINS

Fun and Games is a fun and zany place, but please remember to follow forum rules when posting. Things can become spammy, but please refrain from posting outright spam topics. Just ask a staff member if you have any questions!

Re: LAST PERSON TO POST WINS

Postby AnimeFan101 » October 7th, 2015, 12:44 pm

I'm not sure, but I believe that maybe love is only half for each person, and when they find their perfect match... well *shrugs*

AnimeFan101
You say I'm crazy,

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I prefer 'Happy with a twist'

Nickname(s): DJ Ray-Ray, Animelover, Maiden of the Night
Pride Points: 13

Postby SlayerOfLight » October 7th, 2015, 12:51 pm

Well, it's kind of arguable wether true love is even present in this rotten world.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby AnimeFan101 » October 7th, 2015, 12:57 pm

Right..... And this world truly is rotten.... rotten to the core.

AnimeFan101
You say I'm crazy,

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I prefer 'Happy with a twist'

Nickname(s): DJ Ray-Ray, Animelover, Maiden of the Night
Pride Points: 13

Postby Carl » October 7th, 2015, 11:01 pm

Not everyone who deserves love finds it, and not everyone who has love deserves it. That's a fact of life. I've seen it first hand... and no I'm not talking about me (just in case anyone's wondering).

I don't know that I'd call this world rotten, because as bad as it is, it could still be much, much worse. There are actually some good things, a lot of which we take for granted. But in the reality of this world... well, things don't always go the way they should.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Elton John » October 7th, 2015, 11:04 pm

I started watching tmnt 2014 off hulu plus and i'm booooooored. The only ninja turtle movies I liked were the original and the cgi one...
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Carl » October 7th, 2015, 11:10 pm

I've never watched a TMNT movie. From the TV series I've seen bits of there wasn't sufficient interest.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Elton John » October 7th, 2015, 11:16 pm

The first one is one of the best live action adaptations ever. It kept the mostly darker tone of the original indie comics while having a bit of the playful tone from the cartoon that most people remember the franchise from. Solid script and performances, great action that isn't over the top nor poorly shot.

It also didn't pander too much to a younger audience.

The cgi one was a continuation of tmnt3. It had fantastic animation and action, decent enough acting and script and was a solid movie overall.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Carl » October 8th, 2015, 5:03 am

Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Gemini » October 8th, 2015, 6:44 am

[quote="Elton John"]The cgi one was a continuation of tmnt3. It had fantastic animation and action, decent enough acting and script and was a solid movie overall.[/quote]

Was that the one where like the planets aligned and the monsters came out of them and they had to put them all back through the portal before the time was up or something? xD Because I remember watching that when I was like 9, even though I still have never seen the cartoon show. lol
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Elton John » October 8th, 2015, 7:21 am

Yeah.

TMNT goes like this

There's the original black and white comics by eastman and laird. They were incredibly violent satirical jabs at the comic industry which was going in a super dark and gritty 'mature' direction that was mostly only done well by alan moore and frank miller (before he become a psychopath)

Then the 80's cartoon happened. The first few episodes were great. Toned down but managed to capture a lot of the gritty and dangerous feel of nyc at the time. Ever watch a movie called 'the warriors'? That's what many people thought the future of new york would be like as gang violence was greatly on the rise. Then it mostly became a show about selling action figures.

As the show continued there were three live action films, a concert tour with men in rubber suits (not even joking) videogames, new comic book series... Etc.

Then the next mutation happened. The first live action tmnt tv show, introduced a fifth turtle... Venus de milo... Most infamous for her... Ahem...cleavage on her shell. It was despised by the fanbase, was cancelled quickly and is rarely if ever referenced by other tmnt shows.

Then in 2003, years after the original tmnt show ended there was a reboot. It quickly grew a fanbase of old and new fans because it was awesome. A lot of tmnt fans debate which was better, the original or the reboot.

Then there was flash forward. I haven't seen it but it gets a lot of hate by the fanbase.

There was also a crossover movie between tmnt 80's and tmnt 2003. I haven't seen it but it seems to be well liked.

Then there was a tmnt anime movie because the brand is popular in japan.... I think?

Also important to note that tmnt and usagi yojimbo take place in the same universe. Usagi Yojimbo is an American manga (if that makes sense) made by a japanese man who lives in southern california whom I think is friends with eastman and laird.

There's also a new show on nick. I haven't seen it but it has gotten a lot of praise from fans of the franchise.

And a bazillion other things i've likely forgotten.
Elton John
I’m with you

PreviousNext

Return to Fun and Games