What did you do today?

Fun and Games is a fun and zany place, but please remember to follow forum rules when posting. Things can become spammy, but please refrain from posting outright spam topics. Just ask a staff member if you have any questions!

Re: What did you do today?

Postby HasiraKali » February 17th, 2014, 3:46 am

Went out to Sea World with my parents for the day. It was fun.
We are so much more complicated than our names.
If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.
Lea Halalela Lion King Forums
HasiraKali

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Dreamin'...

Nickname(s): Manda
Pride Points: 24

Postby SlayerOfLight » March 29th, 2014, 11:53 pm

Visited Herzogenbusch concentration camp with a friend.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby MooLion » March 31st, 2014, 1:33 pm

^ Interesting! I visited one in Germany once. Bitterly cold day but it was fascinating.

So far I finally managed to sort this stupid thing. Here, have my money and be done with it! Glad to get it all sorted.
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby Ninaroja » March 31st, 2014, 6:04 pm

Today was going fine until 2 hours ago.

As part of my chemistry A level I have to do 3 different types of practical task, and I have 3 goes at each one. I've not been doing so well in these this year like I was last year, and today was my 3rd and final chance at one of the types of task (quantitative, if anyone is interested)

Knowing the mark I was sitting on wasn't high enough to get the grade I needed, I made sure I was 100% ready for this one, which I was. I revised how to do all the calculations I needed to do and read all the pages of the textbook that my teacher told me to.
I get into the practical, and you had to carry out an experiment once as a trial run and then at least twice more for your accurate values to calculate an average. The task was very long and tedious, and when I was half way through the first of the accurate tries I knocked the entire thing over (basically getting hot acid everywhere, all over the desk and my stuff and my calculator (and on myself though I was able to quickly wash it off) ) I then had to clean the whole thing up, copy the things I had already written down into a new copy of the exam and then start all over making this solution and then doing the second half of the experiment.

When I finally get set up again, I am doing a titration from this burette, when I realise that there wasn't enough solution in it from the last one I messed up to finish this one, so in that case you are supposed to stop what you are doing and fill it back up. However, I then realised that I had used to much and gone past where the end of the scale stops, so I have no idea how much I have filled in order to add on to my value. In the end I had to estimate it, further skewing the results.
I get to the point where I have done two "accurate" tries, but they aren't close enough in accuracy (within 0.1 of eachother) to get any marks for calculating the average. At this point there isn't enough time to do another, so I just have to roll with it and get to the calculations based on my results.

I knew exactly how to do every question except for the first one , which unless you had the answer to it you couldn't do any of the others. In all the revision I had done from the text book and all the pages I had read grams/dm3 hadn't come up once. I get home, look it up, and realise that one of the things I had in my panic knowing I only had 5 minutes max left written down and then crossed out was the right one.

It was really important and I can't get over the fact that had I not knocked everything over and not suffered losing such a big chunk of time I might have been in less of a panic and been able to think my way through the calculations things wouldn't be as bad.
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Si-Amber » March 31st, 2014, 9:06 pm

Today I had my reading with the medium, and learn't the following things are coming up in my life.

* I've been given a message from someone who took their own life, to pass on to their mother, who I will meet at some point.

* Two work opportunities will come my way between April and June. One I will be more drawn to than the other. May or may not have something to do with a hospital.

* Someone new will come in to my life in June who will help progress my life forward.

* Around October, there will be a change in my living arrangements. This may possibly involve Brighton and / or a Georgian house.

* Something random about monkeys and gorillas, could be to do with the new person who comes in to my life.
Si-Amber

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 74

Postby The Spirit of Life » April 1st, 2014, 2:45 am

Wrote an exam which essentially marked the conclusion my undergraduate career.
The Spirit of Life
oh, oh, iyo ...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

mamela.

Pride Points: 21

Postby Lauren » April 28th, 2014, 12:27 am

Today was the day I was confirmed to my religion, in which I'm going to be a devoted Christian for the rest of my life until I die. I do not want to underplay my religious life as a did as a child. After church, I went to eat lunch with my best friend and came back home. I fixed one row in my book shelf and I'm just sitting at my desk crying because I feel like crap.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Regulus » April 28th, 2014, 4:22 am

Got out of bed, ate breakfast, cleaned the kitchen, played Kerbal, made chili, studied for my final, ate chili, studied some more, and now I'm wasting time on the internet and writing fanfiction. I might put some crystal burgers in the microwave, and continue to plot my destruction of humanity like the evil Sir Regulus Wallus Jesus I am...
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Zeke » April 28th, 2014, 8:01 am

I won a 1.5ft long sausage in a local archery competition :)
"When the power of love overcomes the love of
power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix
Zeke
Deeq

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 18

Postby MooLion » April 28th, 2014, 12:16 pm

^ Ha! Cool. :D
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

PreviousNext

Return to Fun and Games