Least Favorite TLK Characters

Re: Least Favorite TLK Characters

Postby Noah » March 13th, 2012, 5:34 am

Nuka and his good-for-nothing sister Vitani. ugh.
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby DGFone » March 13th, 2012, 6:29 am

I will have to go with Zira and Nuka. As Timon kindly put it: boy does she need a hobby.
Except that in this case, it applies to both of them. Either way, I don't like neither of them.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Queen Elsa » March 13th, 2012, 10:58 am

I don't like Nuka. He's too skinny and ugly (in my opinion), and pretty much just led himself to his death just to please Zira. I greatly dislike him (although it's funny when he traps himself in fire).
Signature made by Marizzle.

I'm feeling...
ImageImageImage
Queen Elsa
You've lost everything

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Your father, your tribe, your best friend

Nickname(s): Elsa, NKL, NalaKiaraLuver, QE, QI, Bulma
Pride Points: 57

Postby cleargreenwater » March 13th, 2012, 1:12 pm

I don't really love any of the characters introduced in SP, but I have an especial problem with Nuka and Vitani.

They are just less-epic watered-down stand-ins for the Hyenas--Nuka is like a Banzai/Ed hybrid but a thousand million times more obnoxious and annoying and painful and unfunny and unscary and asfggsfsdasfasdfff, while Vitani takes Shenzi's role but a ten times more blonde/blue eyed less intimidating more generic cardboard pretty tomboy version--and they just don't hold a candlestick to the Hyenas.

They irk the hell out of me. :epicshenziface: :upset3: :edangry:

And even that aside, Nuka would still be my hands-down least favorite character. Him and Upendi are what pretty much what killed SP dead for me the very first time I watched it, it took me a couple years after that to give it another shot.
Last edited by cleargreenwater on March 13th, 2012, 11:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby Jiirani » March 13th, 2012, 7:00 pm

Hm, I hated Timon and Pumbaa. They weren't really that funny, especially in TLK 1 1/2. I must say I quite like Nuka and Vitani as they were the quite original looking lions compared to the rest, and let's face it, the first TLK movie only had two cubs which is unnatural. It was nice to see more than just one and I felt bad for Nuka, being neglected by Zira :S

tumblr | TLK blog | art by shyre
Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Restoring light to the lighthouse

Nickname(s): Eli, Jii, Lion
Pride Points: 62

Postby Amy43 » March 13th, 2012, 10:35 pm

[quote="Regulus"]Timon, but I actually kinda like Pumbaa.[/quote]
Oh, I definitely like Pumbaa, but not Timon.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Amy43

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 4

Postby CanyonFox » March 14th, 2012, 4:33 pm

Hmm.. that's kind of a hard one. Zazu had never been a character that I felt was really significant to the movie, and I had never really gotten a liking for him like I had for many of the other characters in TLK, so I guess I'll go with him.
"Ah yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it... or learn from it."
CanyonFox
Simba Enthusiast

You gotta put your past behind you.

Pride Points: 3

Postby Farren » March 14th, 2012, 10:31 pm

Hard to say...especially when it comes to the first movie. Zazu, I guess. He's annoying, sorry banana beak! :nom2: That's not to say I'd like to see the movie without him because he makes some of my fav scenes possible, but his character just always annoyed me.

In Simba's Pride? Well Zazu is even more annoying in that one, ha! I don't mind Nuka and Vitani, the plotholes and questions/debates that SP causes bother me more. Some people are determined that these two (but not Kovu) are Scar's cubs and the fact that ALL those outlanders were nowhere to be seen in the original (only the hyenas are on Scar's side...well, at first anyway) it just causes too many questions. I tend to believe Scar had no cubs, he may have been planning it (as seen in the musical play when he tries to make Nala his queen) but it didn't happen. Of course this debate won't ever end so who am I to spoil the fun, lol

It always bothered me that we were never told what became of the hyenas. Just that they "ran off". Yeah realistically hyenas and lions are natural enemies, but yknow something that always annoyed me was how they were excluded from the balance in which we "need to respect all the creatures from the crawling ant to the leaping antelope"...but not the hyenas, I guess. They have a part in the circle too (and realistically speaking are not just scavengers, lions steal from them a lot too) Just always seemed hypocritical of Mufasa to teach that lesson while one species was still excluded from it. :epicshenziface:

[quote="Jiirani"] and let's face it, the first TLK movie only had two cubs which is unnatural. It was nice to see more than just one and I felt bad for Nuka, being neglected by Zira :[/quote]

Well, they're the only two cubs we see, I tend to believe there were more (as seen in the storybooks etc) but the movie's plot didn't need them to make an appearance. There was meant to be at least one more originally (not counting the six new adventures), Mheetu (Nala's little brother) but he was written out thanks to story changes and lack of time (so I've heard) I assume the same can be said for any other cubs unseen in the pride...but maybe I'm thinking too much into it, this is Disney afterall and they don't play by the rules of realism :lol:
Farren

Nickname(s): Socks
Pride Points: 6

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 3rd, 2013, 5:19 am

Maybe Zira?
Last edited by Animal of the Wild on April 16th, 2014, 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby juhouh » October 4th, 2013, 8:29 pm

[quote="Simba the Lion King"]Nala[/quote]
We're from the different planet, hehe

--
Hard to choose anyone who I'd dislike. After all I don't care that much about Ed but I think he fits well in the movie anyways
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King