Even MORE TLK comics!?

Re: Even MORE TLK comics!?

Postby Simbaholikov » May 12th, 2010, 3:06 pm

Very good job :)
And LOL, that was a very big colour mess up at the end ^^
And yeah, I don't think Simba would have liked Nala to be called his 'Girlfriend' Heheh :)
Very good work, can't wait for more ^^
Simbaholikov

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Akril » May 12th, 2010, 7:52 pm

Thank you!

Yeah, I thought it was funny how that monkey called Nala his "girlfriend", too. Maybe by calling her that he was just joking around, as the monkeys in the TLK comics (and cartoon monkeys in general) tend to do.
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 22

Postby thanigraphics » May 12th, 2010, 10:29 pm

Ey Akril! Thanks for translating them! I'll translate the Zazu one tomorrow, I have a day off. For the rest I'll be busy with my cat who is pregnant and will give birth within this or next week. But don't worry guys, I sure will translate the comics, for the joy of everyone!
verliezer in een ongelijk gevecht....
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

uh-oh, banana time!

Pride Points: 1

Postby PrincessKiara » May 14th, 2010, 9:02 pm

Thanks a lot for posting and translating those comics, Akril! :superexcited:

It was really funny to see Simba with Nala’s colours :lol:
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Akril » May 15th, 2010, 1:17 am

[quote="thanigraphics"]Ey Akril! Thanks for translating them! I'll translate the Zazu one tomorrow, I have a day off. For the rest I'll be busy with my cat who is pregnant and will give birth within this or next week. But don't worry guys, I sure will translate the comics, for the joy of everyone![/quote]
Thank you, Thani!

I finally managed to find and translate the comic that was indirectly responsible for my finding that Inducks page. Nadra's great "Missing Mysteries" comic has a scene where cub Mufasa tells his mother that he is going to leave home. In the comic's description, Nadra mentions that a TLK comic where cub Simba tries running away inspired her to create this scene. One of the people who left a comment on that picture posted a link to that comic's page on Inducks, I followed that link, and you can probably guess how things went from there.

So anyway, I found the comic where Simba runs away from home, aptly titled "Simba Runs Away From Home". (Incidentally, I was amazed at the number of times Simba gets wet in this comic.)

Page 1 (check out the way Simba is picking up that bone in the 4th panel. I didn't know lions had feet like geckos...)
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6

There's another comic from the same magazine (which I'll also try translating) where Pumbaa eats some strange mushrooms, goes crazy and tries to kill Timon. No, really.
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Postby Simbaholikov » May 15th, 2010, 1:25 am

Nice!
Good work again ^^
And lol, the 4th panel is weird, sticky paws :)
Heheh, that other comic with Pumbaa trying to kill Timon sounds interesting :) I can't wait to read it ^^
Simbaholikov

Postby Nadra » May 15th, 2010, 3:13 pm

Oh, it's nice to see this comic again! :D Poor Simba...
Thanks for translating, Akril!
Nadra

Pride Points: 5

Postby Akril » May 17th, 2010, 4:51 am

You're welcome, Nadra!

Here's the Timon and Pumbaa comic I mentioned earlier. It's one of the longest TLK comics I've come across (not counting the movie novelizations), featuring Pumbaa as you've never seen him before...

And if you thought having Timon meeting Rafiki in TLK1.5 contradicted Timon's "Who's the monkey?" line in TLK, check this story out:

Page1
Page2
Page3
Page4
Page5
Page6
Page7
Page8
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Postby Simbaholikov » May 17th, 2010, 5:04 am

LOL, that is one very angry Pumbaa, you wouldn't want to meet him in the jungle :)
How exactly does Timon manage to create smoke signals..? Heheh ^^
And of course, Timon knowing Rafiki just adds to the weirdness, lol ^^
Once again, surperb job translating the comic Akril :)
Simbaholikov

Postby Nadra » May 17th, 2010, 1:04 pm

Wow, that was scary...
Maybe this happened after TLK - that would explain how Timon knew Rafiki. :P
Again, thanks for translating!
Nadra

Pride Points: 5

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King