Even MORE TLK comics!?

Re: Even MORE TLK comics!?

Postby Simbaholikov » May 8th, 2010, 3:34 am

Sweet!
They look awesome :)
Can't wait until you've translated them, we appreciate you taking your time to do this ^^
Simbaholikov

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Akril » May 8th, 2010, 6:07 am

Thank you! Thanigraphics is the one who will be doing the translating, though (as she graciously offered to do on the previous page). All of the latest comics I've found are Dutch, and Google's Dutch-to-English translation is awful.
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 22

Postby Moka » May 8th, 2010, 7:47 am

Great finds, Akril. Too bad the inducks site doesn't have all the comics scanned, but at least it makes it easier to find the magazines. I use 'easier' lightly because it must be difficult to find these old, uncommon publications years after they were published....

Good luck with this, really looking forward to reading some more TLK comics.

That part about Simba, Timon and Scar is funny. I think its safe to assume comics are (sub)canon until they run into a big mistake like that :P

Are you buying that magazine on eBay? If not, I'll grab it and scan the comic.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby Akril » May 8th, 2010, 8:37 am

Thank you, Moka.

I'm not buying the magazine with the comic featuring Zazu's girlfriend, but I was able to find the comic in digital form online. You don't need to buy the comic unless you want to.

I also found the comic with Simba, Timon and Scar. It was originally published in 2008, and from the looks of it, the people who wrote it either a) Never actually saw TLK, or b) Hadn't seen it since 1994.

Interestingly, most of the TLK comics I found were published not only after TLK, but after SP as well. It's interesting how there should be dozens and dozens of comics based on the original movie, a few loosely based on TLK1.5, but a grand total of TWO comic based on SP, one of which is a novelization of the film.

There are also a few amusing coloring bloopers in some of the comics -- in the panel of one comic, Simba and Nala's colors get swapped; and in another, Simba's irises turn white like some of the Outsiders in the SP Mouseworks storybook.
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Postby SilverSimba01 » May 9th, 2010, 3:10 am

is incredible how TLK comics are, many are base on the movie, others are different TLK stories, is just amazing
"I'm always willing to help you, even if you need someone to speak to"
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

Postby PrincessKiara » May 10th, 2010, 9:23 pm

[quote="Simbaholic"]I also found something strange last night on Google.
This is Simba and Nala.. but who are those other cubs?

Image[/quote]

:lol: Wow, that’s from one of my Photobucket albums, I think I’ve put those images on my Nala-site. It’s from a comic called Royal Duties. The cubs are like lion toddlers, I think.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Akril » May 12th, 2010, 5:31 am

I'm sorry for the wait, everybody.

It's been a few days since I posted those teaser pictures and haven't heard any word on how the translation of the comics is coming along, so I decided to do my best to translate one of the shorter ones myself. I don't think I did the best job with it (most of the dialogue that I couldn't translate completely is pieced together based on what's going on in the pictures), but after promising to get those comics translated and then doing nothing for several days, I figured that I should post something.

Here's the comic with cub Simba, Timon and Scar. There's no title, but its name in the Inducks database seems to be "Roar":

Page 1
Page 2
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Postby Simbaholikov » May 12th, 2010, 5:38 am

LOL, very odd comic, but good ^^
And it makes absolutely no sense canon-wise, but that's okay. I like it :)
I didn't see anything wrong with the translation really, nice job! :)
Simbaholikov

Postby Akril » May 12th, 2010, 7:25 am

[quote="Simbaholic"]LOL, very odd comic, but good ^^
I didn't see anything wrong with the translation really, nice job! :)[/quote]
Thanks! Yep, this comic probably has one of the biggest canon contradictions of all. Where are Simba and Timon and why is Scar there with them? Who knows?

I managed to translate another longer nameless comic whose Inducks name is "Dream Child", where Simba takes a little ride on a river in his sleep. Interestingly, Simba has narrow ear rims like Kovu throughout most of the comic, and the last page also features a really big (and amusing) color mess-up. Enjoy:
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Postby Nadra » May 12th, 2010, 1:12 pm

[quote="Akril"][quote="Simbaholic"]LOL, very odd comic, but good ^^
I didn't see anything wrong with the translation really, nice job! :)[/quote]
Thanks! Yep, this comic probably has one of the biggest canon contradictions of all. Where are Simba and Timon and why is Scar there with them? Who knows?[/quote]
That was funny. Maybe the whole comic was Simba's dream or something? :lol: I want to believe that.

That color mess-up in the last page of "Dream Child" was hilarious. The drawing style in the comic was very different from what I'm used to see.
Hmm, "his girlfriend Nala"..? I wonder what Simba would've said, if he was awake. :P

Anyway, thanks for posting these, and good job at the translation!
Nadra

Pride Points: 5

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King