Even MORE TLK comics!?

Re: Even MORE TLK comics!?

Postby PrincessKiara » May 17th, 2010, 1:58 pm

You did an amazing job translating these comics, Akril! I really enjoyed reading them :D
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Akril » May 26th, 2010, 7:39 am

Hey-hey,

Sorry about the lack of "updates" -- I've been out of town and thus been unable to do any translating. Of course, most of the comics do I try translating result in a lot of garbled sentences. It's mostly a matter of trying to find a comic with sentences that don't confuse Google's Dutch-to-English translator.
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 22

Postby Akril » May 28th, 2010, 8:29 am

I managed to translate another comic. Unlike most of the Dutch comics I found, this one actually has a title: "From Shadow to Shadow". The colors are a bit drab (probably due to poor scan quality) and I swear that nearly every single pose in this comic is copied from a TLK screenshot. Talk about setting a bad example for impressionable youngsters!

Page 1 (Yikes, Simba's eyes sure are bloodshot in that first panel. I guess he didn't have a long enough nap.)

Page 2(A funny side note: Google Translator translated Simba's line in the 4th panel as "Eh...you SMOKE it?" I had no idea what to make of that line until Mufasa's dialogue in the next panel made sense of it.)

Page 3 (I love the cubs' banter in this comic, especially on this page.)

Page 4 (The text in Simba and Nala's word balloons in the second-to-last panel was swapped in the untranslated version -- Nala seemed to be warning Simba rather than the other way around.)

Page 5 (When I translated Simba's second word balloons in the last panel, it came out something like, "It's the false elephant! My dad warned me about it!" This didn't make sense to me at all in the context of the panel, so I had him say something else so as not to confuse the readers.)

Page 6 (Simba's paranoia about "the wilderness" reemerged when he became a father. Fortunately, his daughter inherited his and Nala's skill at escaping crocodiles. ; ) )
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Postby PrincessKiara » May 28th, 2010, 9:20 am

Thanks for translating yet another comic for us, Akril! :D
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Nadra » May 28th, 2010, 3:00 pm

Aww, it's nice to see Sarafina! I'd never heard of this comic before...
Again, thanks for translating!
Nadra

Pride Points: 5

Postby Akril » May 28th, 2010, 8:39 pm

[quote="PrincessKiara"]Thanks for translating yet another comic for us, Akril! :D[/quote]
You're welcome!

[quote="Nadra"]Aww, it's nice to see Sarafina! I'd never heard of this comic before...
Again, thanks for translating![/quote]
You're welcome. Yes, this is yet another brief appearance by Sarafina. I noticed something odd about her on the Inducks site, though. According to it, her name is "Nala's mother" in English and nearly all other languages (it translates to "Nala's mother", anyway), but her Finnish name is "Sarafina." :/

And great news -- I've finally got that comic with Zazu's girlfriend translated! It should be up soon.
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Postby Simbaholikov » May 28th, 2010, 8:48 pm

Nice comic :)
Thanks for translating once again ^^
Can't wait for the one with Zazu's girlfriend :)
Simbaholikov

Postby Akril » May 28th, 2010, 10:07 pm

All, right, here's "A Girlfriend For Zazu"!

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5

Interestingly, Zazu's girlfriend is never named, so she could possibly be dubbed Binti (even though she doesn't seem like the kind of gal who would be a rhino jockey). And to be honest, I really started feeling sorry for Zazu in this comic.

And as you can see, this is yet another comic that features Nala's "understudy" -- she looks like Nala, but she has sky blue eyes and rims on her ears. She's appeared in at least three other comics, one of which doesn't show her eye color since none of the characters in that comic ("The Family Tree") have visible irises.

I also brightened this comic's colors, since the ones in the original scan were really dull.
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Postby Simbaholikov » May 28th, 2010, 10:29 pm

Hehe, a very good comic ^^
I loved Simba and Nala's cubbish antics :) Poor Zazu, lol ^^
Once again, fantastic job of translation :)
Simbaholikov

Postby thanigraphics » May 28th, 2010, 10:31 pm

cool, the translation is right :) I was brutal and copied the Dutch version of this comic into my site http://leeuwenkoning.webs.com (the official Dutch Lion King Fanclub, for newbs ^^)
Hope that's no prob? And sure I'll translate the difficult one! No problemo :dreamy:
verliezer in een ongelijk gevecht....
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

uh-oh, banana time!

Pride Points: 1

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King