Even MORE TLK comics!?

Re: Even MORE TLK comics!?

Postby Akril » May 16th, 2011, 2:03 am

Wow, this is great! Most of the Timon and Pumbaa comics look like comics based on the "Timon and Pumbaa" cartoon series -- the one where Timon meets Pumbaa is "Once Upon a Timon".

I see you also found the comic with the baby hornbill (so cute!). It going to be a little harder to translate these comics, but I'll try to when I have the time.

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, Nitrol -- I noticed that you uploaded a page from the "Great Festival of the Sun" comic to the TLK wiki. Is that the only page from that comic you could find?
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 22

Postby SilverSimba01 » May 16th, 2011, 2:59 am

those comics are rare, I haven't seen them anywhere
"I'm always willing to help you, even if you need someone to speak to"
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

Postby Nitrol » May 16th, 2011, 1:10 pm

[quote]Is that the only page from that comic you could find?[/quote]
Yes, I found it here: http://coa.inducks.org/issue.php?c=pl/KSW2000-25 and it's the only page that is scanned :(

[quote]I haven't seen them anywhere[/quote]
Oh, now I'm searching for the comics very deep in the web, on little-known websites ;)
These four are from http://walt-disney.ucoz.com/
Nitrol

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nit, Mosi
Pride Points: 9

Postby Akril » May 16th, 2011, 7:27 pm

[quote="Nitrol"][quote]Is that the only page from that comic you could find?[/quote]
Yes, I found it here: http://coa.inducks.org/issue.php?c=pl/KSW2000-25 and it's the only page that is scanned :([/quote]
Oh -- I thought you found the scan you posted on the wiki somewhere else, since it's a lot bigger than the scan on INDUCKS.
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Postby Nitrol » May 16th, 2011, 8:13 pm

To see bigger scan you need account on inducks and click on yellow dot near the picture (Image)

Old comic about Simba... lion but not that from TLK - it was relased 52 years before The Lion King:
http://comicbookcatacombs.blogspot.com/ ... ction.html
Nitrol

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PrinceTaka » May 16th, 2011, 8:41 pm

I found some new comics, kinda. One of them is a full one-page but it's better than nothing. The another one is sadly missing the rest of the pages. The missing pages would though be in Disney Adventures October -95 issue.

Edit: Found another one, this too is missing pages and sadly the plot seems to be interesting... :(
The comic is in the November -98 issue. We would need some of our American members to hunt down these comics :think:.

Edit2: Bah, stupid of me "Birds of a Feather" can be read on Akril's photobucket page.

Hide and Smell
Comic With Missing Pages
Birds of a Feather
PrinceTaka

Pride Points: 1

Postby Akril » May 17th, 2011, 1:15 am

[quote="Nitrol"]To see bigger scan you need account on inducks and click on yellow dot near the picture (Image)[/quote]
Oh, I see now.

[quote="Nitrol"]Old comic about Simba... lion but not that from TLK - it was relased 52 years before The Lion King:
http://comicbookcatacombs.blogspot.com/ ... ction.html[/quote]
Wow -- I was wondering why Simba keeps getting into trouble with gorillas in the TLK comics! Looks like he's had a long family history of that sort of thing! : D

[quote="PrinceTaka"]
Comic With Missing Pages[/quote]
I actually remember that comic from when it first came out -- it wasn't that interesting, though. It was a lot like a typical Timon and Pumbaa TV episode. In the comic, Timon and Pumbaa end up in a surfing contest with "Kahuna" Quint.

I've also managed to translate the comic with the hyenas and the hornbills -- Google Translate is getting pretty good at what it does:

"Greedy is as Greedy Does"(I couldn't translate the Russian name very well, so I gave it the English name from INDUCKS to keep things simple.)
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Postby PrinceTaka » May 17th, 2011, 6:26 pm

[quote="Akril"]

[quote="PrinceTaka"]
Comic With Missing Pages[/quote]
I actually remember that comic from when it first came out -- it wasn't that interesting, though. It was a lot like a typical Timon and Pumbaa TV episode. In the comic, Timon and Pumbaa end up in a surfing contest with "Kahuna" Quint.

[/quote]

Heh, I was referring to "Birds of a Feather" but was a little disappointed after reading it, it could have worked better...

Anyway I found a "new" Russian one which is like a hybrid between a storybook and a comic. I wonder what they are asking about at the end? :tojo:

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3

And Akril, may I ask how do you translate these comics? I know you use Google Translate but can you any Russian by yourself? Do you have Russian layout on your keyboard?
PrinceTaka

Postby Nitrol » May 17th, 2011, 7:04 pm

[quote]
"Greedy is as Greedy Does"(I couldn't translate the Russian name very well, so I gave it the English name from INDUCKS to keep things simple.)[/quote]
ZOMG! Ed is talking! :O

[quote]Anyway I found a "new" Russian one which is like a hybrid between a storybook and a comic[/quote]
This comic is on wiki for some time: http://www.mylionking.com/wiki/Tasty_Fairy_Tale ;)

[quote]
And Akril, may I ask how do you translate these comics? I know you use Google Translate but can you any Russian by yourself? Do you have Russian layout on your keyboard?[/quote]
I'm not sure how Akril do that but when I was translating this story: http://www.mylionking.com/wiki/File:Igr ... alki_1.jpg into polish I was using ocr software (Free OCR v3).
Nitrol

Postby PrinceTaka » May 17th, 2011, 7:40 pm

Oh you have found that one too and also the one which I found a little while ago... What about this one?

Besides the comic section should be updated, neither of those stories seems to appear there.
PrinceTaka

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King