Even MORE TLK comics!?

Re: Even MORE TLK comics!?

Postby thanigraphics » April 8th, 2010, 12:44 am

Well, if someone is able to find the whole comics, I will translate them. I speak Dutch (it's my native language) French, German and, offcourse, English ;)
verliezer in een ongelijk gevecht....
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

uh-oh, banana time!

Pride Points: 1

Postby Akril » April 8th, 2010, 1:23 am

I actually found several of these comics uploaded to http://www.simbas-pri.de. As far as I know, the comics that haven't been translated are:

"Auf eigenen Pfoten" (from the looks of the illustrations, maybe this comic could serve as an explanation why Simba beat up that gorilla in the TLK video game).
"Eine königliche Frisur" (yet another comic with Simon the monkey. There's also an adorable little creature that looks like a ring-tailed lemur in this one.)
"Zwei Sänger auf Tournee" (I tried translating this one, but I didn't have much success)
"Die Brücke am Fluss" (a one-page comic with Timon and Pumbaa)

And I found one somewhat amusing TLK comic page on the Outducks site: Cub Simba, Timon and Scar in the same place and time. This is why some people don't consider the TLK comics "canon".
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 22

Postby Ushujaa » April 8th, 2010, 3:20 am

awesome find akril i think timon and simba are making fun of scar! :lol2: which is weird considering i thought simba didn't return to his home until he talked to muffy's spirit
Spoiler: show

thank you Flip for the community sig
Ushujaa
Dreamer

Don't heroes have the right to dream?

Nickname(s): Shujaa, Fluffy, Squishy, Kopa, Usher,Krypto
Pride Points: 24

Postby Akril » May 6th, 2010, 3:18 am

I'm bumping this thread to say that I found the magazine with the comic that features Zazu's girlfriend for sale here on eBay's Austrian site. The starting price is pretty cheap, but unfortunately the seller is only shipping it to other countries in Europe, and the bidding ends in about a week.
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Postby thanigraphics » May 6th, 2010, 4:44 am

woah another TLK character! Zazu´s girlfriend! Do you have the complete comic? i've never seen that one before and it looks amazing :D
verliezer in een ongelijk gevecht....
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

uh-oh, banana time!

Pride Points: 1

Postby Akril » May 6th, 2010, 5:10 am

[quote="thanigraphics"]woah another TLK character! Zazu´s girlfriend! Do you have the complete comic? i've never seen that one before and it looks amazing :D[/quote]
Nope. All I was able to find was the magazine it's in that I posted a link to above. That In-Ducks site makes it easy to find which magazines the various comics appear in, but it looks as if the only way of getting the comics themselves is to find and buy the magazine in question.
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Postby Simbaholikov » May 7th, 2010, 6:42 pm

I also found something strange last night on Google.
This is Simba and Nala.. but who are those other cubs?

Simbaholikov

Postby Akril » May 7th, 2010, 8:06 pm

Those cubs are from "Royal Duties". They're supposed to be babies, but they look more like miniaturized cubs than babies.

And great news -- I've managed to locate a lot of the comics from the link I mentioned in my first post online! Stay tuned...
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Postby Simbaholikov » May 7th, 2010, 8:16 pm

Nice!
Thanks for that link :)
Can't wait to see those comics you've found ^^
Simbaholikov

Postby Akril » May 7th, 2010, 9:46 pm

Thanks!

I'm pretty excited about this. I think I'll wait until I've gotten the comics translated before I upload them, but here's a just few sneak peeks at just what's in store...

peek1.jpg
Apparently Tojo has quite a few brothers and sisters...

peek2.jpg
Mufasa being awesome.
peek2.jpg (113.4 KiB) Viewed 5323 times

peek3.jpg
The black sheep of Rafiki's family.

peek4.jpg
Simba meets a new friend (deja-vu, anyone?)
peek4.jpg (72.56 KiB) Viewed 5323 times

peek5.jpg
It's Zazu's girlfriend and OMIGOSH SHE'S GORGEOUS!!! :D
peek5.jpg (68.23 KiB) Viewed 5323 times
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King