The Lion King or Balto?

Which movie is better?Or the best?Which one you love more?

Balto
5%
The Lion King
74%
They both are cool!
21%

Total votes : 62

Re: The Lion King or Balto?

Postby Simba93 » December 18th, 2009, 11:16 pm

The Lion King of course!
Thats the best!
Simba93

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are strong, we are proud, we are one.

Pride Points: 0

Postby Cdot » December 21st, 2009, 1:08 am

they're both good movies.
Cdot

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 12

Postby SilverSimba01 » December 21st, 2009, 2:34 am

I only saw part of the movie Balto, not the whole movie
"I'm always willing to help you, even if you need someone to speak to"
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

Postby LadyAnette » December 21st, 2009, 3:37 am

I like them both for different reasons. But TLK wins by far. :)
LadyAnette

Pride Points: 1

Postby mamaprince » December 4th, 2013, 12:12 am

Balto all the way. I Iove TLK, it's story Isn't as original as Balto is.
Sig by Ninven on DA.
mamaprince
Future Storm chaser

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

It's the wonder of nature baby!

Nickname(s): Mp, Stormchaser Rachel, Rachel Storm
Pride Points: 18

Postby EdtheHyena » December 6th, 2013, 4:29 am

The Lion King, definitely. Balto is an interesting character---wolf-dog hybrid, gotta love it!---but I think Shenzi, Banzai and Ed (whom I consider the crowning glory of TLK, though I'm sure I'm in the minority here) to be even more cooler, loveable, and beautiful.

Shenzi, Banzai and Ed 4ever!

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby SimbasGuard » December 8th, 2013, 12:59 am

I absolutely love both movies as well as the rest of the installments in each franchise.They both struck the same emotional cord in me. I voted for The Lion King because it is just more epic and amazing. However it is a very tough decision. Balto is also based (and you wouldn't believe how much creative leeway the word based gives the filmmakers) on a true story (Only The First one though). That makes it a little extra special knowing that the lead character of the movie has a real life counterpart on which he is based. Balto is one of only two other animated films that I consider to be on the same level as Lion King. The Lion King however will always be #1 to me no mater how close Balto is to that position as well.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby juhouh » December 8th, 2013, 1:02 am

The Lion King got my vote but Balto is also great but not as great as TLK so that's why I didn't vote for "They both are cool!"
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby EdtheHyena » December 8th, 2013, 1:37 am

[quote="SimbasGuard"]I absolutely love both movies as well as the rest of the installments in each franchise.They both struck the same emotional cord in me. I voted for The Lion King because it is just more epic and amazing. However it is a very tough decision. Balto is also based (and you wouldn't believe how much creative leeway the word based gives the filmmakers) on a true story (Only The First one though). That makes it a little extra special knowing that the lead character of the movie has a real life counterpart on which he is based. Balto is one of only two other animated films that I consider to be on the same level as Lion King. The Lion King however will always be #1 to me no mater how close Balto is to that position as well.[/quote]

What is the other?

"Don't lose you're way...with each passing day...you've come so far, don't throw it away."
EdtheHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Eddie
Pride Points: 3

Postby SimbasGuard » December 8th, 2013, 2:07 am

[quote="EdtheHyena"] What is the other?[/quote]

Jungle Emperor Leo (The Movie, 1997), Although this is really more of an acknowledgment by me of how great the Kimba The White Lion Franchise is. I see both properties as being different enough to exist separately...Regardless of how undeniably similar they are.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King