Which Pokemon Would Lion King Characters Be?

Which Pokemon Would Lion King Characters Be?

Postby Nilla » February 19th, 2016, 8:58 pm

I'm making a Lion King themed Pokemon team, and I'm curious what other people think characters would be. Bonus Points if you don't use the same pokemon twice.
(I'm asking about ALL characters, but I happen to be stuck on Tiffu if anyone has any ideas for her)
Nilla

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Re: Which Pokemon Would Lion King Characters Be?

Postby Carl » February 20th, 2016, 8:55 am

I have moved this thread to Beyond the Lion King as I feel it's a more appropriate area.

Anyhow, Tiifu could be a female Pyroar, a Chatot could be named Zazu, I forget what it's called, but Tepig's evolution could be Pumbaa, Luxray could be Kion, Persian could be Nala, Vulpix could be Dogo, Hippowdon could be Beshte, Jolteon could be Fuli, Purrloin could be Kovu, Patrat could be Timon, Arcanine could be Simba, Delcatty could Zuri, and that's all I can think of off the top of my head. May suggest more later.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Nilla » February 20th, 2016, 7:25 pm

^those work pretty well
I think liepard would be fuli
Image Image
Quite the resemblance IMO
Also entei as mufasa?
Image Image
Pictures for some visual aid lol
Nilla

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Carl » February 20th, 2016, 8:08 pm

Oh, quite right. I just went for the speed aspect, but vusually, yeah, Liepard is a better fit.

And Entei would be good for Mufasa.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Elton John » February 20th, 2016, 8:14 pm

Entei has the look but he's a legendary dog...
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Carl » February 20th, 2016, 8:40 pm

He was based on a mythical beast that's part lion and part dog, though, if I remember correctly, and the same or similar creature was the inspiration for Arcanine. Besides that the feline Pokémon supply is limited, and some people insist that Entei, Raikou, and Suicune are cats not dogs. I tend to disagree with them, but whatever.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Nilla » February 20th, 2016, 9:36 pm

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Legendary_beasts
Legendary beasts, legendary dogs, and legendary cats are all just fan terms according to bulbapedia. I think it's silly to call them dogs though because even if you don't think entei looks like a lion, you can't argue against raikou looking like a tiger.

Jolteon works for fuli pretty well too! But Liepard is also fast and looks closer, so she's my pick. Also I kinda like jolteon for Nuka? Mainly for the spiky, messy fur, and the neck mane.
Image Image
or, alternatively purugly? He's too fat, but the whiskers!
Nilla

Return to Beyond The Lion King