How much of a TLK fan do you consider yourself?

How much of a TLK fan do you consider yourself?

I'M ADDICTED!!! I simply can't get enough of TLK! =D
61%
I love TLK but I'm not really a die-hard fan. :P
37%
Meh... I just registered to chat with my friends. I'm not much of a fan. :\
1%
I hate TLK.
1%
What does TLK stand for?!
No votes

Total votes : 87

Re: How much of a TLK fan do you consider yourself?

Postby Pixie » November 4th, 2010, 5:03 am

I love the lion king, I will hopefully get the Simba drawing Rafiki does on the tree tattooed on my back (small, ofcourse, about the size of an aus 50c piece) BUT,
My room has no Lion king stuff in it. The only things I own that are TLK related are my toy Kiara, Kovu, Nala and Simba plushies that are in the attic somewhere. I played with them as a child, they are filthy and well loved and I bought them as a toy, not a collectable item.
The Lion King changed my life. I now love drawing, animation and most of all, animals because of it. I never would've loved big cats/ all animals if i didn't see it.
I consider myself and enthusiast. Not a fan. I don't think about it all day, I don't watch it all the time, that would ruin it for me. I watch it about 3-4 times a year.
It is the best film ever made, but I have a life outside it.
LxL graphics
Pixie
Photographer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Not afraid to speak my mind. Seriously.

Nickname(s): Pixie, etc.
Pride Points: 10

Postby SuperBabySimba » November 4th, 2010, 1:13 pm

[quote="Pixielicious"]I consider myself and enthusiast. Not a fan. I don't think about it all day, I don't watch it all the time, that would ruin it for me. I watch it about 3-4 times a year.
It is the best film ever made, but I have a life outside it.[/quote]

Excuse me but that is somewhat offensively implying that being a fan equals being obsessed with no life outside the fandom. Which is the furthest thing from the trueful concept of fanhood. Basically a fan is a person who likes/loves something, enjoys its content (no matter how often), and most importantly likes discussing the thing and is interested in stuff and news related to it. That's all it takes to be a fan. Some fans may become obsessed but that's a completely seperate, personal and individual case of unhealthy attitude, having nothing to do with the actual concept of a fan. Also, people too often confuse passion for obsession though there is a fine line between those concepts. Passion is only the depth and strength driving an emotion and its expressing while it doesn't affect the person's life, whereas obsession is a life altering thing and the person doesn't have control over it.
Image Image
Signature pictures © SuperBabySimba
"Never trust the future... Never miss the past.
If you live for the shining moment, the moment may just last."

~*~*~THE LION KING AU ROLEPLAY GAME~*~*~
SuperBabySimba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Avarar by SuperBabySimba

Pride Points: 0

Postby Pixie » November 15th, 2010, 12:40 pm

[quote="SuperBabySimba"][quote="Pixielicious"]I consider myself and enthusiast. Not a fan. I don't think about it all day, I don't watch it all the time, that would ruin it for me. I watch it about 3-4 times a year.
It is the best film ever made, but I have a life outside it.[/quote]

Excuse me but that is somewhat offensively implying that being a fan equals being obsessed with no life outside the fandom. Which is the furthest thing from the trueful concept of fanhood. Basically a fan is a person who likes/loves something, enjoys its content (no matter how often), and most importantly likes discussing the thing and is interested in stuff and news related to it. That's all it takes to be a fan. Some fans may become obsessed but that's a completely seperate, personal and individual case of unhealthy attitude, having nothing to do with the actual concept of a fan. Also, people too often confuse passion for obsession though there is a fine line between those concepts. Passion is only the depth and strength driving an emotion and its expressing while it doesn't affect the person's life, whereas obsession is a life altering thing and the person doesn't have control over it.[/quote]

Geez. I can't even fart without it offending you can I?
I never said anything that was offending. I was just saying that some people feel that TLK is their life, and are happy to say that. I, however, don't think about it all day everyday, like some have said they do.
And I consider myself an enthusiast because I feel that their is a difference between enthusiasts and fans. I don't own much TLK merch, unlike some people, who again, have said that they own alot/collect it. And for reasons like this one, I consider myself an enthusiast, not a fan.
People have stated that TLK is their life. So don't try and say that I'm being offensive because I'm saying that I don't like it as much as they do. I am simply stating facts, like you so often do.
LxL graphics
Pixie
Photographer

Not afraid to speak my mind. Seriously.

Nickname(s): Pixie, etc.
Pride Points: 10

Postby jelle » November 15th, 2010, 9:32 pm

addicted for live
(thanks miharuka :3)

"it's not too late, it's never too late"
jelle
the unforgiven

We cannot forgive what we cannot forget

Nickname(s): POOTISMAN
Pride Points: 20

Postby Lauren » November 28th, 2010, 2:08 am

I'm a super physco fan of TLK. Basically as a die-hard fan, I'm a TLK nerd. 8-)
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Cdot » November 28th, 2010, 2:13 am

I'm totally obsessed with TLK
Last edited by Cdot on November 28th, 2010, 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cdot

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 12

Postby Lauren » November 28th, 2010, 2:17 am

[quote="Cdot284"]I totally obsessed with TLK[/quote]

Same here! My friends are not TLK fans but I'm happy that they are cool with the fact that I am a TLK addict. :)
Lauren

Postby xLilacVixenx » November 28th, 2010, 2:24 am

Meh, not really a die-hard fan. I enjoy most Disney animated classics and, granted, The Lion King is one of them. It's just not that I do everything with Lion King. I recently had (And still have) an obsession with Lady and the Tramp and my on-going obsession with How to Train Your Dragon (Which is now my favorite film).

I've had many obsessions, and Lion King being my biggest one, but with the newer videos coming and new memories being made, I find it hard to stay very loyal to Lion King. Please don't get me wrong, it's not that I hate TLK..in a matter of fact it's changed my life! (In a good way) It's that with other movies coming out, you get obsessed with those and eventually Lion King will be a ways back there. (To some people) Me, personally, am still a fan of Lion King no matter the circumstances, I'm just not a die-hard fan. :hmm2:
'Cause you're beautiful. Like no other. Flawless, absolutely flawless.
<3
xLilacVixenx
ƒℓυттєяsнγ ƒαиαтìc

Pride Points: 13

Postby jelle » November 29th, 2010, 4:21 pm

[quote="SimbasMate1"][quote="Cdot284"]I totally obsessed with TLK[/quote]

Same here! My friends are not TLK fans but I'm happy that they are cool with the fact that I am a TLK addict. :)[/quote]
if only my friends would :sad:
(thanks miharuka :3)

"it's not too late, it's never too late"
jelle
the unforgiven

We cannot forgive what we cannot forget

Nickname(s): POOTISMAN
Pride Points: 20

Postby Lauren » December 1st, 2010, 11:39 pm

[quote="jelle"][quote="SimbasMate1"][quote="Cdot284"]I totally obsessed with TLK[/quote]

Same here! My friends are not TLK fans but I'm happy that they are cool with the fact that I am a TLK addict. :)[/quote]
if only my friends would :sad:[/quote]

They should! How come they can't accept the fact that you're a TLK addict?
Lauren

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King