Lion in the moon, and other songs that never made it in...

Lion in the moon, and other songs that never made it in...

Postby Elton John » July 28th, 2015, 10:24 pm

...the movies...

I remember reading years ago that there was originally going to be a song sung to young simba by sarabi called 'lion in the moon'. I don't know how far it got into creation but i'm fascinated by how it would have turned out.

There's also warthog rhapsody, which was completed and I assume was replaced by hakuna matata. A good choice as hm was a much better song.

What else is there?
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: Lion in the moon, and other songs that never made it in.

Postby juhouh » July 28th, 2015, 10:40 pm

No idea but there's a very good article about that song you mentioned in Lion King Wikia with pictures
http://lionking.wikia.com/wiki/The_Lion_in_the_Moon

Though after reading it I'm happy it wasn't in the final version
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby Iberian » July 29th, 2015, 1:04 am

--------------------------
Last edited by Iberian on October 10th, 2016, 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iberian

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby TheLionPrince » August 2nd, 2015, 5:10 am

The Lion King Wikia pretty much list all the known deleted songs that were replaced or thrown out from the movies. From my memory banks, the songs that didn't make in the first movie were:

"To Be King"
"Thanks to Me"
Two versions of the "Be Prepared" reprise (One version followed after Scar's failed seduction of Nala, and the other was used as an eulogy over Mufasa.)
"Warthog Rhapsody"
Timon's solo verse of "Hakuna Matata"
Thirteen versions of "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" (In total, there were fifteen versions; the first version became Elton John's pop single version, and the fifteenth version was the one used in the movie.)
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 7th, 2015, 5:07 pm

oh if only I could have non what the lullaby sounded like Im sure it would have beautiful
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Return to Beyond The Lion King