What was up with the Timon & Pumbaa TV series??

Re: What was up with the Timon & Pumbaa TV series??

Postby PrincessKiara » July 25th, 2016, 10:13 pm

I agree with Akril, I`ve never understood the seemingly huge popularity and appeal of Timon and Pumbaa. I was 8 when TLK first came out, and I didn`t care much for them even back then. :P

As for the Timon and Pumbaa show, I have seen some episodes as the show was part of a one-hour Disney show than ran on Sunday mornings a couple of years, they showed various series such as Aladdin, The Little Mermaids, Quack Pack (which I loved) and so on. I watched it because it was TLK-related and cartoons and animated shows were hard to come by at the time (this was before we got more than the basic channels at our house, lol). Anyway, I never cared for the show, not just because it focused on Timon and Pumbaa, but because of how out-there the humour and jokes were. I don`t like it when they make jokes about human stuff (such as in SP when Timon talks about shopping) as jokes like that feel weird and out-of-place in the TLK universe. I can see why small children enjoyed this show, but personally it was never in my taste, and similarly to TLK 3, I try to forget it was ever made. :P
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Squeely » July 26th, 2016, 2:58 am

[quote="PrincessKiara"]I don`t like it when they make jokes about human stuff (such as in SP when Timon talks about shopping) as jokes like that feel weird and out-of-place in the TLK universe.[/quote]
Y'know, I've always thought that misplaced joke was due to writers being used to the T&P show's craziness. I wonder if the show and SP shared some writers. If so, that explains it, though it's still a poor excuse for a joke imo.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby PrincessKiara » July 29th, 2016, 10:41 pm

[quote="Squeely"][quote="PrincessKiara"]I don`t like it when they make jokes about human stuff (such as in SP when Timon talks about shopping) as jokes like that feel weird and out-of-place in the TLK universe.[/quote]
Y'know, I've always thought that misplaced joke was due to writers being used to the T&P show's craziness. I wonder if the show and SP shared some writers. If so, that explains it, though it's still a poor excuse for a joke imo.[/quote]

Exactly. It is pretty likely that someone who worked on the Timon and Pumbaa show also worked on Simba`s Pride, as most Disney sequels were made by people who worked with television animation and not feature films.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Previous

Return to Beyond The Lion King