The Lion King 4: Kovu's Pride?

Re: The Lion King 4: Kovu's Pride

Postby Elton John » July 9th, 2015, 6:41 am

I'm not totally sure about this. It would need to be theatrical and hand drawn, and Disney doesn't seem to care about making those anymore.

Maybe one day when CGI technology is so good that it can replicate the hand drawn look so well most can't tell the difference. The animated short 'paperman' is similar to what I want but not quite there yet.

A little off topic, but the videogame 'guilty gear xrd' uses polygons but has a genuine hand drawn sprite look. So the technology is getting there.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby DGFone » July 9th, 2015, 6:52 am

Paperman is still very clearly 3D animation. To put it simply, it's too smooth and too regular. If you want to see how 3D was made to look identical to 2D animation, then look no further than the stampede scene in the lion king.

Of course, have fun convincing Disney that they want to use that method for an entire feature film. Modern 3D has the advantage of being much easier and quicker to work with.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Elton John » July 9th, 2015, 6:55 am

Well, that is true... But the technology will consistently improve and I think one day they can make a cgi movie that looks and feels like it is hand drawn.

Who knows when that will happen.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » July 9th, 2015, 7:28 am

Your post makes no sense.

And Minions/despicable me isn't Disney. And as far as non-sequels go there's 'the good dinosaur' coming this year from pixar, zootopia from wdas early next year and moana from wdas in 2017.
Elton John
I’m with you

Re: The Lion King 4: Kovu's Pride?

Postby Carl » July 11th, 2015, 4:17 am

If they made a continuation other than TLG, it wouldn't be "Kovu's" Pride. It would be "Kiara's" Pride. Yes if it were real lions Kovu would be the absolute ruler upon taking over, but if it were real lions he'd have had to kill Simba to get into the pride. It's already been established that Kiara is the heir to the throne, so sorry to burst your bubble but she will have power over Kovu in this situation.

That said, as Disney is already using TLK for their new series The Lion Guard, I highly doubt they're going to make more movies to stand as feature films. They're going back to it already. The focus will be on Kiara's kid brother, so if Kovu and Kiara have any canon reign/cubs, it will be addressed as a background story on that TV series.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Kiana » October 11th, 2015, 4:52 am

I wish they made movies like spirit, Balto, and the lion king now! animation by man made drawing!

Huge thank you to Carl Skywalker for this amazing signature! And all rights go to him for the buttons

ImageImageImage
Kiana
I Don't Need an Avatar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I AM the Avatar

Telegram: @Miluca24
Pride Points: 19

Postby Ultra Fox » October 19th, 2015, 5:34 am

Oh god. If they continued from TLK2, that'd be the worst.
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Return to Beyond The Lion King