In Defence of scar

Re: In Defence of scar

Postby gothprincesskiara » June 25th, 2015, 3:25 pm

[quote="Captain Cupcake"][quote="KiovuLove"]Oh my gosh what if Disney did another movie like they did for Sleeping Beauty with Maleficent and made it the point of view from Scar and he doesnt seem like such a bad guy in it with this theory?? lol[/quote]

That probably wouldn't be a very good idea. Turning him into another woobie Disney antagonist would just wind up undermining his character.

A lot of people already didn't care for how Disney needlessly went and tried to turn Maleficent into a sympathetic figure in an attempt to give her more depth, but at least it was just one film. It was an experiment that worked for some, and didn't for others. Going and doing it again with another classic villain such as Scar would just be derivative and cheapen him severely.

Whatever sob story he might have works better in theory and fan interpretation, but it's not something that should actually be shown in a film. It'd really just sully his image and come off as hackneyed and make the TLK world feel smaller instead of bigger.[/quote]

agreed
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby SimbasGuard » June 26th, 2015, 5:21 am

Another thing to consider is that Maleficent was made sympathetic at the cost of turning King Stephan into a power mad, opportunistic, manipulative, tyrant. as well as turning Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather into idiots. So is Scar is made to be sympathetic would Ahadi,Uru, Mufasa, Sarabi, Sarafina, or even Simba be vilified to accomplish this? I personally hate that idea, what people tend to forget is that someone isn't always forced to be evil. Characters can be Evil because that is the path they choose.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on August 12th, 2015, 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby DGFone » June 26th, 2015, 7:42 am

The impression I got from the article is that they conveniently forgot that Scar only used the legitimate gripes of others to further his own goals. He wasn't an idealistic lion who genuinely wanted hyenas and lions to live together and improve both of their lives. That's simply what he told the hyenas so that they will back him up in removing Mufasa from power.

Then there is the smaller point that was mentioned in the article: if the lions and hyenas do merge, will the Pride Lands actually be able to sustain the larger predator population? Based on what happened in the movie, it is very likely that the carrying capacity is not large enough to feed both the lion pride as well as all of the hyenas.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Captain Cupcake » June 26th, 2015, 7:53 am

It's mostly just a gag article than any actual food for thought or an attempt to genuinely try and pass off Scar as someone that isn't really bad. Everyone knows how evil and malicious he was in the film, and this is sort of like a jokey pro-Scar post trying to justify his actions for laughs.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby Hatari05 » August 12th, 2015, 11:07 am

I can see where your worries are coming from but the real problem with Maleficent was the fact that they didn't just make her sympathetic they stripped everything that made her a villain in the first place which is essentially stripping her of her character. An origin story for Scar I think would be great but there are a few major requirements. First don't vilify anyone Mufasa doesn't have to be a bad guy and more importantly neither does Ahadi instead they could be perfectly good people who just make one or two massive mistakes. As for Scar in my opinion the best tragic villains are the ones whose suffering is their own fault they had good intentions but couldn't see any other way but their's. Give Scar a good almost heroic motive then very gradually have him become more and more selfish and greedy until his original motive is just an empty and hollow promise. Don't make Scar a victim to others sure they can do at least some bad things to him but in the end Scar's fall to darkness should be his fault.
Hatari05

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Previous

Return to Beyond The Lion King