Lion King Vs Star Wars

Lion King Vs Star Wars

Postby gothprincesskiara » May 5th, 2015, 11:28 pm

(getting tired of seeing whole star wars everywhere considering im no star wars fan) :tired: why cant Lion king be more popular like Star Wars?
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Re: Lion King Vs Star Wars

Postby Elton John » May 5th, 2015, 11:56 pm

Star wars is a cultural phenomenon. It's popular everywhere.

I'm just a casual star wars fan, i watch the movies, play a few of the games but I don't care for it much outside of that.

I'm definitely a bigger lion king fan.

The actor for mufasa voiced darth vader, and now disney owns lucasarts. Funny how things work out.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » May 6th, 2015, 12:06 am

Sadly because it is an animated movie, there are those that will always see Lion King as a (and I Hate this term) Kids movie. So a great many movie goers dismiss it as such, and never truly see the Epic majesty of The Lion King. Another thing is since the characters are animals some people find the story untreatable on a human level. Just for the record I also love Star Wars (Nowhere near as much as I love Lion King, but I enjoy it.) so don't take this as Star Wars bashing on my part. Star Wars is also a different genera that likely has a wider fan base to begin with.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Elton John » May 6th, 2015, 12:32 am

Animation wasn't always seen as a 'just for kids' thing. The flinstones was prime time, and had cigarette advertisements. I blame hannah barbera mostly because after the success of scooby doo they churned out a lot of cheap cartoons that were mostly clones of each other. This lead to the decay of animation being acceptable for adults.

Even the simpsons, the disney renaissance, anime, or bruce timm's batman show couldn't destroy that stigma.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby gothprincesskiara » May 6th, 2015, 12:46 am

that's why I believe in buying more TLK products and the more they are baught the more they realize how much we TLK fans just cant get enough of it, but because TLG now its going only so far, but not far enough, and thats what really bothers me, is that I just want to get even more out of TLK, and the best I could ever do is read TLK fan fiction, but its not still enough for me, I want more, I hope im not the only one who feels this way :down: .

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
gothprincesskiara

Postby SimbasGuard » May 6th, 2015, 4:25 pm

[quote="Elton John"]Animation wasn't always seen as a 'just for kids' thing. The flinstones was prime time, and had cigarette advertisements.[/quote]

Great example I always forget about The Flintstones, although when I first became aware of they were a Saturday morning cartoon. (as well as the mascots of Pebbles Cereal as they are today). It nearly made my head spin when I found those Flintstones cigaret adds on You Tube.

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]that's why I believe in buying more TLK products and the more they are baught the more they realize how much we TLK fans just cant get enough of it, but because TLG now its going only so far, but not far enough, and thats what really bothers me, is that I just want to get even more out of TLK, but its not still enough for me, I want more, I hope im not the only one who feels this way :down: .[/quote]

I completely understand what your saying, But I simply can't buy everything Disney slaps Lion King on,I'll definitely buy a Kion Plush, perhaps some of The Lion Guard books and Definitely The Lion Guard DVD's Because what I want most of all is a theatrical Lion King sequel, But I know that it is not likely. All I can do is what Our fellow site member said in The Lion Guard Thread and take what I can get of The Lion King.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby SimbaPrescott » May 6th, 2015, 5:16 pm

I've never been a big fan of Star Wars. I don't hate it, and I love some of the characters (R2-D2 and Yoda come to mind), but there was only one movie I ever got through and that was because I was a kid watching it for Jar Jar Binks (yes, I said it).

My only frustration with Disney buying out Star Wars is that it means even less 'Disney-Disney' merchandise in Disney Stores. I swear there's no point in me going in them anymore. Not to mention Disney Infinity - Really, Disney? First you do only up to date movies, then Marvel, now Star Wars? Should we just forget Oswald exists again? But I digress.

I'll be buying up Lion Guard stuff (depending on how my poor wallet feels of course) when it's released. I find cartoons tend to be much more enjoyable (as well as generally uplifting!) than what most adults consider fun. They can keep their 'recycled storyline' soaps :P
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Postby Minions8217 » May 7th, 2015, 2:24 pm

I love both The Lion King and Star Wars. Unfortunately, The Lion King is an animated movie, which tends to be less popular then the good live-action movies (Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter comes to mind). The Lion King and Star Wars are both good in their own different ways, although now that Disney is making more Star War's movies, most of the Star Wars fans got hyped about it again. Sadly, since The Lion Guard is a kids show, this didn't get as much hype (I would have prefer if Disney left The Lion King fandom alone, and I'm sure some other fans would too). Or, perhaps they should have made the Lion Guard show more family friendly, which, personally, I thought would have been better (depending on a few things).

They are both good movies, and both have their own strengths and weaknesses. Star Wars, I have to say, is more popular, and as I've said before, it's a live-action movie, and they tend to be more popular. Although some Star Wars movies were just bleh, such as Revenge of the Sith and Attack of the Clones.
Visit my graphic den, Minion8217's Graphic Den!
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=45350&p=1214772#p1214772
Minions8217
Beauty catches the attention

but character catches the heart.

Nickname(s): Minions, Minion
Pride Points: 5

Postby gothprincesskiara » May 8th, 2015, 5:23 am

But the cartoon world of TLK is also Amazing and so beautiful when it takes place in Africa, but then again that like asking me would I really go to a more reality place of Astronomic place or a African fantasy where lions are involved again that's just me because I have never liked outer space, it just too overwhelming for me, again that's just my personal opinion. sometimes I think others don't appreciate African nature enough.

gothprincesskiara

Postby DGFone » May 8th, 2015, 5:50 am

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned these very simple facts as to why Star Wars is far more poplar:

When it first came out in 1977, there really wasn't much like it. Sure, the story is cliched like mad, but the effects for the time were amazing, and in the end, despite all the cliches, the story was still good enough that people enjoyed the movies. Two more sequels a few years later only increased the fan base of these movies.

The Lion King on the other hand, already arrived when there were far more competitors around. Sure, it's a great animated movie that looks amazing and has a great story, but so is Beauty and the Beast. Simply put, The Lion King is the best of the Disney Renaissance, but in the end, it's the best of a series of great movies. I think Frozen has a huge fanbase for similar reasons as Star Wars: recent movies haven't been as good, so by comparison, Frozen is much better. The Lion King didn't have this advantage of being released in the middle of a slump.

And the other reason is related: Star Wars is far older, and it has currently six official movies, with three more to come. The Lion King is basically based on the fact that a lot of people agree that one movie is great. (Most people as far as I can tell are not aware of TLK 2 and 1 1/2, or at least haven't seen them).

For Star Wars, there are six movies to gain fans of. There are fans of the original trilogy, and there are fans of the new trilogy, but they are all considered SW fans.

The TL;DR version is simple: Star Wars is more popular because it has a 2 decade head start on The Lion King
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King