Kiara and Kovus cub(s): Thoughts on gender/name/design?

Kiara and Kovus cub(s): Thoughts on gender/name/design?

Postby PrincessKiara » March 17th, 2015, 10:30 pm

Not sure if this is a topic that has been discussed before...

I`d thought it would be fun to theorize over Kiara and Kovus cub(s).

How many do you think they would have?
Would their cub(s) be male, female or one of each, for example?
What do you suppose their cubs would look like?
Do you have any suggestions for (Swahili) names?
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Re: Kiara and Kovus cub(s): Thoughts on gender/name/design?

Postby SimbasGuard » March 18th, 2015, 4:59 am

I always figured that Kovu and Kiara would have twins, a male and a female. I have no Idea what they would look like, aside from the obvious answer cute. :P I think The Male would have Kiara's eyes and the Female would have Kovu's. I have no idea what there names could be.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on March 19th, 2015, 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby PrincessKiara » March 19th, 2015, 12:00 am

^ That`s funny, I`ve always thought they would have a female and a male cub! Great minds think alike, haha :D I love the idea of them having the eyes of the parent of their opposite gender.

I`d love to see a male cub with the golden colours of Simba and Kiara, but with green or blue eyes and no head tuft, so he doesn`t look too much like Kovu. Perhaps non-coloured toes as well, like Nala... just so he`d be the first male lion to look like that.
For a female cub it would be interesting to have her be a dark colour similar to Kovu, with eyes like Kiara. It would be fun if her ears were fuzzy and scruffy-looking, similar to Vitani.
As for names, I have no idea, lol.
PrincessKiara

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SimbasGuard » March 19th, 2015, 6:27 am

[quote="PrincessKiara"]I love the idea of them having the eyes of the parent of their opposite gender.[/quote]

I can't actually take credit for that idea. I have see a lot of Kopa fan art where he has Nala's eyes and I've always liked that.

You have some very interesting ideas for what their cubs could look like as well. 8-)

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PrincessKiara » March 19th, 2015, 10:21 pm

[quote="SimbasGuard"][quote="PrincessKiara"]I love the idea of them having the eyes of the parent of their opposite gender.[/quote]

I can't actually take credit for that idea. I have see a lot of Kopa fan art where he has Nala's eyes and I've always liked that.

You have some very interesting ideas for what their cubs could look like as well. 8-)[/quote]

That`s a nice idea! I think Disney should show the genes of both parents when they make sequels where main characters have children. Kiara could easily have had more of Nalas appearence in her, f.ex. I do love how I can see both Eric and Ariel in Melody (from The Little Mermaid II)

And thank you! :superexcited:
PrincessKiara

Postby SimbasGuard » March 20th, 2015, 6:25 am

Well I have always felt that appearance-wise Kiara looks like Nala, but she has Simba's eyes, markings and her fur is closer to Simba's color. I agree that Little Mermaid 2's animators did a great job of blending Eric and Ariel's appearance into Melody. 8-)
Last edited by SimbasGuard on July 12th, 2015, 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SimbasGuard

Postby Carl » March 20th, 2015, 2:46 pm

I have actually created a total of 5 fan characters who were the children of Kiara and Kovu. They were from two separate litters, but I think the second litter may not be kept. The first, you can see my original 2011 drawing of here. Their names are Kimitar (totally made up) and Notai (taken from the TLK name generator).

The second litter was three boys, Zuberi, Sefu, and I forget the name of the third. Zuberi was physically a mix of Simba and Kovu, Sefu looked like a male Nala, and I believe the third resembled Scar.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby SimbasGuard » March 20th, 2015, 11:15 pm

You clearly put a lot of thought into this. Neat picture also.

SimbasGuard

Postby PrincessKiara » March 22nd, 2015, 12:00 pm

[quote="Julie Skywalker"]I have actually created a total of 5 fan characters who were the children of Kiara and Kovu. They were from two separate litters, but I think the second litter may not be kept. The first, you can see my original 2011 drawing of here. Their names are Kimitar (totally made up) and Notai (taken from the TLK name generator).

The second litter was three boys, Zuberi, Sefu, and I forget the name of the third. Zuberi was physically a mix of Simba and Kovu, Sefu looked like a male Nala, and I believe the third resembled Scar.[/quote]

I love your fan art! :D Beautiful! I like the descriptions of your OCs too.
PrincessKiara

Postby Taka1995 » July 8th, 2015, 6:34 am

Kiara and Kovu's cubs are all from the same litter for me. They are 2: their names are Imani (faith in Swahili) and Almasi (diamond). They are a girl and a little boy :)
VjačkaLenyuska :oops:
Taka1995
Life isn't fair,is it?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pridelands' most beautiful Lioness :)

Nickname(s): VjačkaPrincess, Lenjuska
Pride Points: 2

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King