You know with all these disney live action remakes ...

You know with all these disney live action remakes ...

Postby Elton John » March 14th, 2015, 12:12 am

Is it inevitable that the lion king will get one?

Just yesterday disney announced a tim burton directed dumbo part live action part cgi remake of dumbo.

They've done la remakes of sleeping beauty, alice in wonderland, 101 dalmations, and today in america there is cinderella.

Next year there is going to be a live action/cgi remake of the jungle book. Beauty and the beast is getting a live action remake. A remake of petes dragon is in the works. There are rumors of another 101 dalmations remake focusing on cruella deville.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: You know with all these disney live action remakes ...

Postby FlipMode » March 14th, 2015, 12:47 am

I wouldn't say it is "inevitable" that TLK will get one. I think they are just testing the waters with live action reboots.
That said Maleficint was very well made and Cinderella looks good too so far.

I wouldn't count on it right now, but if these live action reboots that are upcoming do well then yeah I think there will eventually be one. Although it's much easier for them to use all their stories with human characters first so I think TLK would be one of the last ones to get a LA film.

I could see a CGI hybrid type reboot working well though.
I would say it would be wise to reboot TLK for the new generation but it seems that is what they are going for with TLG.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Lauren » March 14th, 2015, 1:09 am

I haven't been liking the trend of Disney trying to remake a lot of their classics into live-action remakes. I just do not see the point of them having to retell those stories in live-action since the animated films are fine the way they are. Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorite Disney films because it's storytelling and animation are great. I don't see how they can top that, especially the Beast's design. The animated version had the design of the beast a combination of several animals such as a lion, buffalo, werewolf, etc. As much as I love Emma Watson as an actress and would like to see how she portrays Belle in the LA remake, I'm not looking forward to the film overall.

If Disney EVER does a LA remake of The Lion King...let's just say I'll be really upset. Don't you dare, Disney. There is NO way that a remake of that masterpiece can top it's animated counterpart.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SimbasGuard » March 14th, 2015, 10:12 am

I don't think a live action Lion King would work as all the characters would need to be CGI. It can't be live action if all the characters are CGI. Since I doubt any Lion would be willing to be dressed in a motion capture suit. I think the best Disney could do if they were dead set on making a Live action Lion King would be to use CGI characters against a live background like in Dinosaur. Which itself is considered an animated film.

Now There was a Live action Made for T.V. movie about Lions called Pride in 2004 it was very similar to Lion King 2 in plot.

Here is the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwpf3uZU3dk

I personally think Lion King has too many complex scenes to be done this way.

As for live action remakes of animated films in general I'm O.K. with it as long as the don't try replace the original...I'm looking at you Maleficent :x
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby PrincessKiara » March 15th, 2015, 12:55 pm

I really hope not.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby SimbaPrescott » March 16th, 2015, 3:12 pm

It kinda reminds me when Disney went through a sequel phase...
But anyway, I don't think I'd want a LA TLK. I haven't watched any of the LA movies at all yet so I can't say what they're like, but I personally don't believe LA films can capture the charm or beauty of animated films.
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Postby Elton John » March 30th, 2015, 9:17 pm

Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Sigurd » March 31st, 2015, 1:37 am

Hopefully the LA phrase will end before we see a remake of TLK, just as the sequel phrase did. I definetly don't have any high expectations about Burton's Dumbo, the qualities of his movies has deteriorated since the 1990s.
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby SimbasGuard » March 31st, 2015, 1:51 am

A live Action Mulan could work very well, I enjoyed Mulan's Live Action appearance on Once Upon A Time.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Cowell_lk » March 31st, 2015, 2:48 am

I'm not sure if a lk live action would be that good. I hope they just leave the series alone and not make a LA version.
Cowell_lk
Nala = bae

Nickname(s): Bacon
Pride Points: 5

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King