Just how scientifically accurate is the lion king?

Just how scientifically accurate is the lion king?

Postby Elton John » January 11th, 2015, 1:44 pm

Aside from obvious stuff made for entertainment purposes, like speaking in English and singing about being royalty that real lions don't do :lol:

Also this topic is for what it gets right, not things that go against real lions

1: yes, female lions do outnumber the males vastly

2: dark maned lions exist in real life

3: lions can survive off of bugs due to how much nutrients a bug can have.

4: lions can befriend other species. I remember these two men who raised a lion as a cub and returned him to the wild. Years later they returned to see him and instead of attacking them he gave them a big lion hug!
Now doesn't that sound familiar?

In reality big felines are not brainless savage animals. Though I do not recommend having one as a pet even if you can afford it and live where it is legal to own one!

5: lion cubs are indeed very playful creatures!

6: indeed, lionesses do bathe Cubs with their tongues!

7: also lionesses do grab cubs with their mouthes to carry them!

Add to this if you have any other things I didnt mention
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: Just how scientifically accurate is the lion king?

Postby FlipMode » January 13th, 2015, 12:27 am

I've heard that Scar being jealous of his superior brother is a thing that lions actually do.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby DGFone » January 13th, 2015, 12:45 am

As much as the Lion King got flak from the hyena scientific community, lions and hyenas don't get along very well, and do in fact are almost at war with each other.

Although lions making allies with hyenas for personal gain, I have never heard of in the real world, and I doubt it ever really happened.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby juhouh » January 13th, 2015, 12:50 am

But how come Nala is alive? Nala is first seen as a cub, and if Nala isn't daughter of Mufasa, then she should have been killed by Mufasa
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby FlipMode » January 13th, 2015, 12:54 am

[quote] I remember these two men who raised a lion as a cub and returned him to the wild. Years later they returned to see him and instead of attacking them he gave them a big lion hug! [/quote]

That's Christian the lion, if anybody wants to look it up. And you should, its pretty great!
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Elton John » January 13th, 2015, 1:32 am

[quote="juhouh"]But how come Nala is alive? Nala is first seen as a cub, and if Nala isn't daughter of Mufasa, then she should have been killed by Mufasa[/quote]

Because while scientific accuracy is important the lion king is a movie created to be entertaining and not a nature documentary. Which is funny because the movie was originally a movie that was very much like a nature documentary.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » January 13th, 2015, 1:42 am

I should word that better as not to imply the lack of entertainment value in nature documentaries. I mean that liberties are taken in the name of creating a story that is consistent with itself.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby gothprincesskiara » January 15th, 2015, 10:18 pm

[quote="juhouh"]But how come Nala is alive? Nala is first seen as a cub, and if Nala isn't daughter of Mufasa, then she should have been killed by Mufasa[/quote]

That would be inbreeding, Natures got know how instincts and they know they cant imbread, so they eventually go off on there own to look for new prides or new mates

inbreeding causes birth problems for the animals, so I go by the fact that Nalas father is a big fat mystery
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Return to Beyond The Lion King