What are some reasons others dont like Lion King?

Re: What are some reasons others dont like Lion King?

Postby Captain Cupcake » December 2nd, 2014, 4:28 am

With that said, I'd advise to think twice before asking for it to get locked. This is an interesting and relatively innocent topic worthy of discussion, and it shouldn't all be ruined just because one single person is feeling slightly bummed out about it, even if said person is the thread's creator. That's just absurd. So long as it isn't actually offensive, I'd advise to just leave it be and let others enjoy taking deeper looks into why some may not be interested in the film.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » December 2nd, 2014, 6:36 pm

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]ok ok this topic is actually bringing me down can we remove this topic?[/quote]

So your saying that you would rather censor a topic because it gets you depressed? This is an interesting topic and for you to lock it because it brings you 'down' is very selfish. There are things in real life that impact you a lot more than a 20 year old movie.

I don't mean to be rude but I cannot stand it when people, especially little kids get so sensitive over something so innocuous. Avoid the thread. Seriously.

That being said, some of the reasons listed here are valid. Another one is overexposure. Think of "Frozen" today in terms of how mainstream it was back then.
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby Ninaroja » December 2nd, 2014, 11:34 pm

Basically what TBCC said. Getting upset because others don't like something you do is pretty ridiculous IMO.

-----

As others have already said, some people just aren't into animation/musicals/Disney in general. Heck, I can think of a ton of people I know who would fit that criteria.

Also, if some people's enjoyment of the film doesn't correlate to its wild popularity that can also decrease their opinion of it.

-------------

Seriously though? When I hear of/see people who don't like Disney, Kingdom Hearts, Pineapple pizza, Apple products, fanfiction, studying Spanish, other loves/interests of mine etc. I don't get all butthurt about it. It's a fact of life. Everyone is different.
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Marizzle » December 3rd, 2014, 4:26 pm

I have met people who dislike animated movies or musical ones.

I've also met people who said the animation of TLK wasn't THAT good nor detailed compared to movies of nowadays. Like...duh. --''
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby Sigurd » December 13th, 2014, 5:46 am

[quote]ok ok this topic is actually bringing me down can we remove this topic?[/quote]
i do not see a reason to lock this topic.
Until I'm home, I'm on a distant road
Sigurd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Previous

Return to Beyond The Lion King